Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

I expect us to win this, and look like a pretty poor side playing an utterly awful one.

Then all of the cretins can start banging on about Keegan being a top class manager, FAye being a beast, and Viduka being a great striker. Despite the fact that none of these are true, and that we are what we are - an average sized club that due to mismanagement has eneded up in a relegation scrap, and has predominantly very, very mediocre players.

Roy Hodgson's side are one of three sides yet to register an away win in the Premier League this season - Derby and the mackems being the others.

Six draws and eight defeats on the road have seen them net just eight goals - a record superior only to Derby's half dozen away strikes.

Looking at their away league form over this season and the last three campaigns, Tyneside has been the closest thing to a happy hunting ground for the Cottagers.

In 71 outings since August 2004, just six wins have been registered - and two of those came at SJP (for the record the others were at Norwich, Birmingham, Blackburn and Manchester City).

And not only was their victory here in September 2006 the only one away from Craven Cottage that season, it remains Fulham's last away win.

Since then they've had 31 failed attempts at collecting three points on their travels (14 draws & 17 losses).

Looks ominous. *gulp*

Don't think I've seen anyone mention it's his former club we're up against, his record against them since he left is 2 wins and 3 draws.

I think we'll win but a draw wouldn't be a disaster, it'll put pressure on us going into the Reading and Sunderland games though.

I expect us to win this, and look like a pretty poor side playing an utterly awful one.

Then all of the cretins can start banging on about Keegan being a top class manager, FAye being a beast, and Viduka being a great striker. Despite the fact that none of these are true, and that we are what we are - an average sized club that due to mismanagement has eneded up in a relegation scrap, and has predominantly very, very mediocre players.

This should cheer you up.

http://kevinkeeganbaseball.freehostia.com/

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. What a fucking knob.

For some reason we've not done well against Fulham in recent years. They've got a few players who need watching.

McBride is a very good header of a ball. Bullard is a better midfielder than anyone we currently have and Simon Davies is also lively. If we can contain those 3 the job will be easier. Christ I sound like Sam Allardyce......  :kasper:

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. What a fucking knob.

:lol:

Could be worse you monkey, you could be a macum eh ?

Imagine that - a manager who has blown £45M and they're still Championship class.

Give Keegan half of that amount and he'll make things start happening.

Definite potential banana skin like. Still, rather that than even average away form.

It will not be easy, they're more confident than at any other time this season. A boring 1-0 like the away match will suit me just fine.

Definite potential banana skin like. Still, rather that than even average away form.

It will not be easy, they're more confident than at any other time this season. A boring 1-0 like the away match will suit me just fine.

With the home team winning this time ;)

I'd rather we won this game 1-0 than say, 4-2.

A clean sheet will instill confidence in our back four again, which is what they need. Every time the ball comes near the 18 yard box, its like watching a bunch of kids trying to hack away a penny floater on a windy day.

Given our goal difference, I'd prefer 4-2. I know what you're saying however. I don't really care what the score is as long as we win though.

With the home team winning this time ;)

Oh yes !

There's a danger this could turn into another Bolton type game, where we go in on the back of a decent performance and then get frustrated by an ultra defensive line up. The difference this time hopefully, is the triple strike force might provide the firepower that Duff and Smith couldn't.

2-1 for me and that'll do nicely.

There's a danger this could turn into another Bolton type game, where we go in on the back of a decent performance and then get frustrated by an ultra defensive line up. The difference this time hopefully, is the triple strike force might provide the firepower that Duff and Smith couldn't.

I think Fulham have to go for the win though, even if that's a bit out of character for the cautious Hodgson. A draw is a worse result for them than it is for us.

Emre has been a complete waste of space since he arrived.

I travelled all the way from Bellingham, WA to Newcastle to see a match during the 2005/2006 season (vs. Birmingham at SJP). We won in like the 70th minute with an Emre goal - game ended 1-0. I still have amazing memories of how the crowd erupted when it went in. For that I'll always have a soft spot for him. I think he is/was a great player, however, I agree the injuries are getting frustrating...

Sean

Bellingham, WA

I don't think you've seen many good players if you think he's 'great'.

I think Fulham have to go for the win though, even if that's a bit out of character for the cautious Hodgson. A draw is a worse result for them than it is for us.

I still think they'll play defensively knowing Hodgson. Maybe not as defensively as Bolton but looking to catch us on the break.

I still think they'll play defensively knowing Hodgson. Maybe not as defensively as Bolton but looking to catch us on the break.

Aye, you're probably right. We could definitely do with an early goal.

Yeah agreed with that, but they need the points more than us. So they cant sit back all game they are running out of games.