Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Unfortunately, it look slike barton is one of those players who cannot be effective unless he is playing angry and a bit on the edge. Now he cannot afford to play this way due to his latest troubles, I feel we have essentially been lumbered with a player who is a shadow of what he was.

Roy Keane wouldn't have been the same without that psychotic streak in him and even Rooney is a tad mental too. However for the most part these two keep it together and more importantly they are calm off the pitch.

Not sure we'll ever see a half decent Joey Barton.

As I said in the match thread I would seriously consider stopping his therapy in the couple of days leading up to each game, and having people antogonise him the day and night before the game. We could probably pay someone to do this, someone who doesn't mind being bashed around obviously and who won't go running to the press. Joey caan then be rushed straight back into treatment immediately after each game.

:lol: Nah, just wasn't really a serious suggestion. Was more to point out how shite our squad is at taking corners. :razz:

We could always try the short corner option, but we can't retain possession for love nor money so that idea goes straight down the pan!

Emre has been a complete waste of space since he arrived.

I travelled all the way from Bellingham, WA to Newcastle to see a match during the 2005/2006 season (vs. Birmingham at SJP). We won in like the 70th minute with an Emre goal - game ended 1-0. I still have amazing memories of how the crowd erupted when it went in. For that I'll always have a soft spot for him. I think he is/was a great player, however, I agree the injuries are getting frustrating...

Sean

Bellingham, WA

I travelled all the way from Bellingham, WA to Newcastle to see a match during the 2005/2006 season (vs. Birmingham at SJP). We won in like the 70th minute with an Emre goal - game ended 1-0. I still have amazing memories of how the crowd erupted when it went in. For that I'll always have a soft spot for him. I think he is/was a great player, however, I agree the injuries are getting frustrating...

Sean

Bellingham, WA

The fact you only posted 5 in one year tells us something about your dedication to Emre :lol:

Yeah, I was at the aforementioned Birmingham (h) game, and the crowd's relief when the goal went in was plain for all to see. We were on a bit of a bad run at the time and we played a bit crap on the day, remember Pandiani hitting the bar and us looking shaky as usual, but Emre was class that game, he managed to be a creative midfielder and an engine at the same time.

He's like Viduka: Keep him fit and he is very good. Don't keep him fit, he is a waste of space.

Sean

Bellingham, WA

The fact you only posted 5 in one year tells us something about your dedication to Emre :lol:

Tells us that he's not as socially incapable as the rest of us tbh. :razz:

Yeah, I was at the aforementioned Birmingham (h) game, and the crowd's relief when the goal went in was plain for all to see. We were on a bit of a bad run at the time and we played a bit crap on the day, remember Pandiani hitting the bar and us looking shaky as usual, but Emre was class that game, he managed to be a creative midfielder and an engine at the same time.

He's like Viduka: Keep him fit and he is very good. Don't keep him fit, he is a waste of space.

Any player not fit is a waste of space.

Sean

Bellingham, WA

Tells us that he's not as socially incapable as the rest of us tbh. :razz:

Speak for yourself :coolsmiley:

The only players in Fulham's team that offer any remote threat to Harper's goal are McBride, Bullard and Johnson. Keep those three quiet and we should be able to grind out a win here, no problem. Faye needs to play despite his shocker on Monday night - McBride is a big lad who doesn't take any prisoners in the air.

The only players in Fulham's team that offer any remote threat to Harper's goal are McBride, Bullard and Johnson. Keep those three quiet and we should be able to grind out a win here, no problem. Faye needs to play despite his shocker on Monday night - McBride is a big lad who doesn't take any prisoners in the air.

One of them is guarenteed a goal, my money is on McBride or Bullard

Guest Knightrider

I've got a feeling about this match, I really do. I honestly think someone is due a beating by us. It's coming. That first win under KK.

Sean

Bellingham, WA

'great' really is OTT for Emre.

we really are dude a decent result tho.  2-0 toon.

Forgotten what it's like seeing us play with a 2 goal cushion tbh.  :-[

Think we'll win it comfortably too and looking forward to the match for the first time in ages. :)

I hope that Fulham play Keller in nets, he's much more liable to make mistakes than Niemi is.

yes if they think like this they start Keller

brilliant thought it was O0

Hey, Hodgson dropped Niemi for Keller recently. Niemi is 'out of favour' despite several quite brilliant displays.

I'm not complaing myself, however.