Michael Dawson

Thespence

Can look a quality player when he has someone class and experienced alongside him (Walker and King in the past spring to mind) but if it was him and Taylor or any of the other defenders we have at the club we'd be in serious trouble. Thanks but no thanks. 

Guest dinky

Can look a quality player when he has someone class and experienced alongside him (Walker and King in the past spring to mind) but if it was him and Taylor or any of the other defenders we have at the club we'd be in serious trouble. Thanks but no thanks. 

absolutely spot on comment

Guest kingdawson

You're pretty much spot on tbh. Think he's better than Taylor though imho.

Its not hard

Well can i call you KingWoody from now on-fucking hope not.Dawson is a disaster waiting to happen each week-og's,penaltys conceded,red cards etc.

Guest Toepoke

Dawson is one of these players who needs to be told what to do by a better defender which we don't have, we need to buy a leader someone who will shout at the other exactly what to do. Carlos Cuellar might be an option but after Boumsong I'm a bit wary of Rangers CB's!

Guest kingdawson

Well can i call you KingWoody from now on-f****** hope not.Dawson is a disaster waiting to happen each week-og's,penaltys conceded,red cards etc.

Actually thats a great idea. If Dawson leaves, that will be my new username. Cheers :thup:

Des Walker. Class centre half man.

Love that story about his testimonial btw. :lol:

I don't rate Taylor but there's no way in the world he's worse than Dawson.

I didn't say he was, I said Dawson plays the physical, dominant defender role better, he's a lot better in the air and doesn't get pushed around as easily, on the down side he makes even more errors than Taylor.

On par I reckon which isn't good enough, we really need to be looking for a centre back who can pass the ball around anyway.

One has to wonder how badly his game has suffered - ie. athletically wise, and this conincides with his inability to consistently cope with athletic & quick strikers one-on-one - in the wake of his bout with glandular fever a few years back while at Forest. He was out of action alot longer - virtually a whole season when you look at his ensuing injury/absence record soonafter while at the same club - when compared with Scott Parker.

At one stage, prior to missing alot of football as mentioned above, he garnered himself a big reputation within the U21 circles and of course thanks to form at Forest - especially in the season - i think it was possibly 02/03 - when they were bundled in their promotion play-off. I think Spurs signed him on this basis, his reputation that is. This is understandable, he was afterall 'the next big thing' at one point - there was even talk of him training with the senior England team.

Not properly doing their homework on the player in question is what Spurs were guilty of because he clearly hasn't measured up to the hype which has previously been heaped upon him. The period of prolonged injury seems to be the mitigating factor in this instance. One has to question just how much his athleticism/agility/speed etc has suffered since, because he battled a heap of upper-leg muscle injuries prior to moving to Spurs

I don't rate Taylor but there's no way in the world he's worse than Dawson.

I didn't say he was, I said Dawson plays the physical, dominant defender role better, he's a lot better in the air and doesn't get pushed around as easily, on the down side he makes even more errors than Taylor.

On par I reckon which isn't good enough, we really need to be looking for a centre back who can pass the ball around anyway.

That's a pretty convenient & easy throw-away comment to make really.

I can't think of many current EPL centrehalves at the moment who punch well below their weight as Taylor does - ie. their physical game (being able to smother a frontman out of a game) not measuring up to their listed physical attributes, height & physical build etc.

Fair enough though, we should be looking at better alternatives as compared with these two ie. Taylor & Dawson.

Dawson isn't that bad tbh but i'll say one thing, against NUFC he always seems to look absolutely terrible, worse than Ramage even

He's absolutely shit scared of Oba, and with good reason given his usual performances against him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=544449&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Toon target Dawson could request Spurs move

Last updated at 10:08am on 25th March 2008

Tottenham defender Michael Dawson could ask for a transfer this summer if he does not secure more first-team football.

Dawson is currently third choice behind captain Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate but manager Juande Ramos is keen to sign a fourth centre back - Espanyol's Daniel Jarque.

It was reported at the weekend that Newcastle are looking to make a bid and it is understood manager Kevin Keegan will be given the funds to sign Dawson if he keeps the club in the Premier League.

Meanwhile Alan Hutton has said he is impressed with the work of Tottenham manager Juande Ramos and optimistic about the future of the White Hart Lane club.

He said: "He is a great manager and has really big plans for Spurs. We may be mid-table right now but we didn't have the best start to the season and he is looking to build a new squad for next season.

"He likes to go into tactics far more than other managers I've worked with. He wants everyone to know what they are doing on the park - when, where and how."

Guest toonlass

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep him well away, he is no better than what we have already got

in the juniors!!!