Let's do a bit of guesswork: What does Terry Mac actually do at Newcastle?

Pilko

Very negative  thread.

Hard to think of any positive reason for expanding on it that will be of benefit to the cause.

Has the starter had a personal confrontation with Terrymac or something like that.

doug

Guest Phil K

Now Keegan's back I have no problem with Terry Mac being at the club.

I should be employed shouting from the bench - I'd then contribute the same as Terry Mac.

Funny how that's suddenly become the case for many. :lol:

Since Souness brought him back, what boiled my piss was that every subsequent manager kept hold of him.  I can't imagine he was a first choice coach all 3 of them happened to coincidentally want at the club.

For Keegan I know he is, like Arthur Cox, they're people he's personally brought to the club to help him do things his way.

I should be employed shouting from the bench - I'd then contribute the same as Terry Mac.

I noticed yesterday Keegan was shouting something to Barton and was doing some hand actions. Terry Mac came up and stood behind him and just copied him to try and look good, was rather amusing. :lol:

I noticed yesterday Keegan was shouting something to Barton and was doing some hand actions. Terry Mac came up and stood behind him and just copied him to try and look good, was rather amusing. :lol:

:lol:

Reminds me of this classic sketch from Chewin' The Fat on BBC Scotland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWNooQIfwU

:laugh:

Reminds me of this classic sketch from Chewin' The Fat on BBC Scotland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWNooQIfwU

Exactly like that. :lol:

Guest Phil K

Reminds me of this classic sketch from Chewin' The Fat on BBC Scotland:

Exactly like that. :lol:

Yep, that's Terry Mac all right !  O0 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He seems to me like he's a jobsworth, doing bits and pieces of everything here and there - training included. Although under Kev, I bet the biggest worry for Terry on a Saturday afternoon is the cryptic clue for 7 down.

i wonder if those having a go have been and watched training ?

I went and watched two Roeder training sessions - during both of which Terry Mac stood next to GR throughout the whole thing and just watched, occasionally muttering something to Glenn. Occasionally he'd pace about, shouting for people to start and stop doing certain drills. He occasionally say something funny to some of the players, who'd all fall about laughing. Haven't seen a Keegan session yet, admittedly.

Sterling work.

i wonder if those having a go have been and watched training ?

I went and watched two Roeder training sessions - during both of which Terry Mac stood next to GR throughout the whole thing and just watched, occasionally muttering something to Glenn. Occasionally he'd pace about, shouting for people to start and stop doing certain drills. He occasionally say something funny to some of the players, who'd all fall about laughing. Haven't seen a Keegan session yet, admittedly.

Sterling work.

i went first time round with keegan and once under roeder. on both occasions he'd sneek off to have a word with players. gesticulating as if pointing something out about their game. he doesn't oversee training sessions but still works with the players.

Keegan said in that long interview with Mick Lowes that he wasn't really a coach and wasn't assistant manager. He's there to boost morale. I don't really have a major probelm with that tbh providing we've got good coaches and good scouts aside from him, which we seem to have now. When Souness brought him back and Roeder had him there it was like, what the fuck? But now, meh.

I reckon he is more of a go between between the players and the management, if the players have a problem they take it to terry who takes it to management and trys to resolve it for each party, with both playing squads and coaching staff getting so big nowadays personally i dont think its a bad thing. 

I reckon he is more of a go between between the players and the management, if the players have a problem they take it to terry who takes it to management and trys to resolve it for each party, with both playing squads and coaching staff getting so big nowadays personally i dont think its a bad thing. 

he's the good cop in the routine

Guest toonlass

he's the good cop in the routine

:geordiesathome:

Guest Thomo

Terry Mac's nickname at the club is " The Black Box" , cause even though all the managers that have been sacked he is the only one left, and intact.  :clap:

Guest LucaAltieri

I take it no-one really knows what he does then?

Would love to see him booted out on his arse, into the dole queue.  :thup:

You have a vendetta or something?

Fucks sake man no one knows what Terry Mac does! But of the management see his input as beneficial then who are we to say he is un-needed.

Terry Mac and Tony Yeboah double teamed his wife.

Keegan said in that long interview with Mick Lowes that he wasn't really a coach and wasn't assistant manager. He's there to boost morale. I don't really have a major probelm with that tbh providing we've got good coaches and good scouts aside from him, which we seem to have now. When Souness brought him back and Roeder had him there it was like, what the f***? But now, meh.

Give me a couple of £k, I'll boost morale :lol:

There seems a lack of respect for the servant Terry Mac was as a player for the club in two spells. Those old enough to remember, will tell you what a pleasure it was to see him play. He's also Newcastle through and through, this is despite his time with his hometown club whom he won European cups and England honours.

The above doesn't obviously mean he should automatically be given a role, but I for one applaud the club when they look after their old alumni, it makes me feel good to see the likes of Super Mac (indircetly through the media), Beardsley, Shearer, Sir Bob and Beresford still linked with NUFC.

At the end of the day, KK values his input and that's good enough for me.

Guest Knightrider

To get a good picture or rather understanding of what Terry Mac does, read the book 'The Magnificent Obsession: Keegan, Newcastle and Sixty Million Pounds', oh and you'll also get to understand KK and his philosophies a great deal. Best independent book I've ever read about our club, very revealing with lots of quotes from lots of people connected to the club from those days and even those who weren't connected.