Let's do a bit of guesswork: What does Terry Mac actually do at Newcastle?

Pilko

I still can't decide why we still employ this muppet. He's not a coach, not an assistant manager and not really a proper scout. So what does he do, considering he's getting paid?

Here are my suggestions:

1) Club's resident bookies runner / tab seller

2) Gives the players a laugh on the training ground

3) Club's feather duster, uses his tash of course

4) Cuts the oranges and carries the water

5) Writes the subs name on the piece of paper and gives it to the fourth official

Unless anyone knows his job title or what he actually does?  ???

Guest Stephen927

Didn't Keegan once say he was mainly there for morale purposes, to keep spirits up?

It's harsh to call him a rubbish coach, just like it was to assume Lee Clark was a poor coach. Terry must be doing something right to stay through all those managers over the years.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

him and Keegan had a bank account together once for betting on horses lost about £2k in a week or something daft

Would love to see him booted out on his arse, into the dole queue.  :thup:

Yet you don't know what he does. For all you know he could be the mastermind behind Keegan's success, he could be the one putting the money into the club (doesn't like the attention so has Ashley pretend to do it), he could be the real Obafemi Martins, he might even be the infamous tea-lady just dressed in drag.

Terry Mac - most important man at the club, if not the entire Premier League.

Guest Spark

No one knows what he does to be fair. Seems daft to criticise him. Was the same thing when Pearson left; people saying "good riddance" etc. when they had no idea whether he was actually a good coach or not.

I take it no-one really knows what he does then?

Would love to see him booted out on his arse, into the dole queue.  :thup:

You have a vendetta or something?

Fucks sake man no one knows what Terry Mac does! But of the management see his input as beneficial then who are we to say he is un-needed.

Remember reading in The Mag a while ago (think it was under Roeder's spell) an interview with Terry Mac.  He was asked what his role was at the club and he said he acts as a confidant for the players - like an older brother they can talk to.  He's the resident agony uncle!

Can't fault his staying power though - as the bloke next to me at the match pointed out one day 'He's like a cockroach the amount of times he's survived a nuclear strike!'