The North East League of 3

Happy Face

With safety now guaranteed  O0 there's only one thing to play for now, local pride.

Can we finish top?

Boro will be lucky to get a point from the next 3 games.

Mackems have to play both us and Boro but arguably have the easiest run in.

I reckon it'll be

Us

Mackems

Boro

With safety now guaranteed  O0 there's only one thing to play for now, local pride.

Can we finish top?

I reckon it'll be

Us

Mackems

Boro

no no no no no no no no.... come back to haunt you

Not hugely relevant (well, not at all) but having played all three at home, Boro were by far the most impressive. They can actually look a decent side on their day.

Sunderland were mediocre at best for 90 minutes.

You were half decent for 45 minutes and execrable for the second 45.

I don't know what to make of Southgate as a manager. It is easy to point at his faults, but there is enough there to make me think he might do good things in the future.

we'll be bottom of 3 this staurday night but finish 2nd

We'll shite Spurs

Maybe so, but that won't have done us any good by Saturday night.

Getcha  :pow:

Why do you assume the Mackems will beat West Ham, when Everton and Blackburn couldn't?

Can we finish top?

I reckon it'll be

Us

Mackems

Boro

no no no no no no no no.... come back to haunt you

I've never accepted we were under threat in the first place.

we'll be bottom of 3 this staurday night but finish 2nd

We'll shite Spurs

Maybe so, but that won't have done us any good by Saturday night.

Getcha  :pow:

Why do you assume the Mackems will beat West Ham, when Everton and Blackburn couldn't?

I don't actually, think Wham will beat them. Just being pedantic.

Guest LucaAltieri

Not hugely relevant (well, not at all) but having played all three at home, Boro were by far the most impressive. They can actually look a decent side on their day.

I don't know what to make of Southgate as a manager. It is easy to point at his faults, but there is enough there to make me think he might do good things in the future.

I quite like Southgate.

His transfer dealings have been a bit desperate but with Viduka and Yakubu leaving in the summer they had to be.

In terms of what he's managed to get out of that bunch of players I think he's a good manager.

Wish we were playing you next week.Nothing to play for-it seems to me your players are on the beach already.You were never going to route 1 Boro or the Mackems whereas at the time we were/are susceptible to Wimbledon type bully boy tactics.

Wish we were playing you next week.Nothing to play for-it seems to me your players are on the beach already.

We have a pattern of doing well agaisnt the top teams and badly against the shit sides (obviously some results have bucked this trend ;) ).

Now watch us go to OT next weekend and get something.

Infuriating.

Wish we were playing you next week.Nothing to play for-it seems to me your players are on the beach already.

We have a pattern of doing well agaisnt the top teams and badly against the shit sides (obviously some results have bucked this trend ;) ).

Infuriating.

You'll end up with 9 men having conceded 2 dodgy penalties,lets be fair away win isnt on my betting slip.

Infuriating.

You'll end up with 9 men having conceded 2 dodgy penalties,lets be fair away win isnt on my betting slip.

2 dodgy penalties 'caused by a diving crybaby from Portugal that is.

Will be an interesting race.

Tbh, I'd prefer to beat the mackems than finish above them in the league, although if we beat them we'll finish above them anyway.

I think we'll struggle to finish above Boro, but it's possible.

We might even finish as high as 11th this season, imagine that.

I'm taking us :razz:.

Without incurring the wrath of the fixture-posting gods, we've got 3 home games we can take something from, against a struggler and two teams who'll be on the beach.  You'll do well to overhaul us with the fixtures you've got left and our GD, doubly so for the mackems.

I thought us and Sunlan would be more or less where we are but I thought you'd be top ten this season under Churchill.

I'm taking us :razz:.

Without incurring the wrath of the fixture-posting gods, we've got 3 home games we can take something from, against a struggler and two teams who'll be on the beach.  You'll do well to overhaul us with the fixtures you've got left and our GD, doubly so for the mackems.

I thought us and Sunlan would be more or less where we are but I thought you'd be top ten this season under Churchill.

Haven't you got a tough run-in? I'm sure I saw your fixtures and thought 'fuck me'.

• 1 month later...
Guest marky555

Loved David Wheaters comments sayin theyll finish top of the North east mini league. ugly cunt