Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

Guest float one in

I'd say Milner (and ideally he'd be a squad player at best here) has a lot more end product than Smith or Duff.

He offers a lot more down the right, but he doesn't score goals and if he's not scoring he needs to be setting up a hell of a lot of goals, which I don't think he does.

I know what you're saying mate and the goals / assists have dried up a bit. But he's provided more 'end product' than the other two have in their time here. I.e. I think he's worth hanging on to more than those two.

At the end of the day, for attacking players its all about goal threat - either creating or scoring, and whenever Zogs has played (even at left back) he's looked streets ahead of Duff and Milner in that respect. All the pretty approach play and tireless running is of limited value if you're not threatening the opposition goal. That's not to say I don't think Duff and Milner can't still be decent for us.

As an all round footballer Zogs has a lot of improving to do, but he does cause defences problems with his ability to whizz past a couple of players and get a shot in. It'll be a bit Ironic if he does go now, cos apart from Wenger and Ferguson I reckon there's not a manager around who'd stand a better chance of improving Zogs in the areas he needs to improve on than Keegan. KK's training was always focused on ball work - Zogs' first touch and his decision making (when to give a short pass and when to take men on, for instance) are things he could improve under KK but never stood a chance of improving under Souness/Roeder/Sam.

In reference to Downing's name popping up a few times, I thought the Boro fans reckoned he was a lazy twat?

Aye he does look it like. Also has a fondness for Coca-Cola as well.

Milner definitely has the engine to play in the middle like. And he doesn't have enough about him to play wide at high level imo - i.e. top 6 in the Prem. I've said before that if he is to progress then it will be in the middle. That's more to do with him not being good enough wide than anything else I've seen from him though.

Tbf, that's not the best to qualify it though is it? :)

It's honest though ;) He's definitely got the engine to play there, like I say. And that's very important. Probably one of the main reasons we've been so poor this season is because the midfield, particularly the central midfield has been overrun and 'bossed' by the opposition on so many occasions (it's where most games are won and lost imo). I just think he's worth trying in there and he does have an eye for goal too, which is another thing we've been lacking in midfield. I'd say he's a bit lightweight for the role at present though, but that's easily fixed. He might thrive in the 'hole' behind the strikers too.

I'd say Milner (and ideally he'd be a squad player at best here) has a lot more end product than Smith or Duff.

He offers a lot more down the right, but he doesn't score goals and if he's not scoring he needs to be setting up a hell of a lot of goals, which I don't think he does.

I know what you're saying mate and the goals / assists have dried up a bit. But he's provided more 'end product' than the other two have in their time here. I.e. I think he's worth hanging on to more than those two.

At the end of the day, for attacking players its all about goal threat - either creating or scoring, and whenever Zogs has played (even at left back) he's looked streets ahead of Duff and Milner in that respect. All the pretty approach play and tireless running is of limited value if you're not threatening the opposition goal. That's not to say I don't think Duff and Milner can't still be decent for us.

As an all round footballer Zogs has a lot of improving to do, but he does cause defences problems with his ability to whizz past a couple of players and get a shot in. It'll be a bit Ironic if he does go now, cos apart from Wenger and Ferguson I reckon there's not a manager around who'd stand a better chance of improving Zogs in the areas he needs to improve on than Keegan. KK's training was always focused on ball work - Zogs' first touch and his decision making (when to give a short pass and when to take men on, for instance) are things he could improve under KK but never stood a chance of improving under Souness/Roeder/Sam.

I bet Milner's stats for goals / assists since he came here are pretty similar to N'Zogbia's mind.

Guest float one in

I bet Milner's stats for goals / assists since he came here are pretty similar to N'Zogbia's mind.

You're pretty spot on there actually Alex:

Milner: Total (Club)  138  (36)  10 

Zogs:    Total (Club)  131  (35)  9 

Must admit I'm surprised. Milner seemed to thrive to an extent last season under Roeder whereas, as people have said, Zogs didn't at all for whatever reason. Don't know where to find assists stats but can't be bothered, they're probably pretty similar.

Stats don't tell the whole story but they don't lie either. As I said in my other post I'm not saying Milner is a bad player, but I would have expected Zogs to have a better goals per game ratio at least.

Mind you, Milner spent last season playing in front of Solano and Zogs, if playing at all, was in front of rubbish (Ramage at times!) that makes a big difference for a winger's effectiveness. Sounds like I'm making desperate excuses now though, eh?!!

It's bizarre the way some expect a player to develop without actually playing football and are now moaning that N'Zogbia's stagnated. Of course he fucking has, he's been sat on the bench watching Damien Duff! There's still time to turn him into the player he can be though and if we don't, I'd put money on it that someone else will. He'll probably never be the player his talent deserves though because this is a crucial time in a player's career and he's been on the bench or at left back. Well played NUFC as usual and as usual some will come to the bizarre conclusion that it's more the player's fault than the club's.

I wonder what those stats would look like if Milner played at right back for half those games?  ???

I wonder what those stats would look like if Milner played at right back for half those games?  ???

Half.  :razz:

Even if N'Zogbia does leave I think Keegan is planning on getting rid of Duff. N'Zogbia is supposedly nailed on certain to be leaving and yet he still gets on the bench while Duff doesn't.

If N'Zogbia is a cert for leaving, wouldn't he be in the shop window and playing a bit more?  And where would he go to?  I don't think Spurs would want him since they signed Gilberto, I don't think he's good enough for the scum and the spanners have a few options for LM already.  I can't see him being signed by a London team.

Even if N'Zogbia does leave I think Keegan is planning on getting rid of Duff. N'Zogbia is supposedly nailed on certain to be leaving and yet he still gets on the bench while Duff doesn't.

If N'Zogbia is a cert for leaving, wouldn't he be in the shop window and playing a bit more?  And where would he go to?  I don't think Spurs would want him since they signed Gilberto, I don't think he's good enough for the scum and the spanners have a few options for LM already.  I can't see him being signed by a London team.

Not really, given the current situation at the club. The manager is, quite rightly, infinitely more concerned about getting NUFC as far away from the relegation places as possible.

I asked the same question earlier: -

Have there been any rumours as to where he would go? The last time he was off it was to Fulham which doesn't seem likely now. Arsenal were supposedly interested in him years ago but that's gone all quiet. If Tottenham were interested that was during Jol's time. Now that have a new manager, who says they are still interested? I suppose he could end up at West Ham like all the other ex-Newcastle players.

When Keegan arrived he told us N'Zogbia had told him he wants to leave. Where does N'Zogbia think he is going to go is the question.

Last season I wouldn't have sold him for less than 15-20million but the guy definitely has an attitude issue! I wouldn't keep Zoggy or anyone other who look that disinterested. No doubt Charlies market value have nose dived lately but thanks to his long contract we should be able to get 7-10millions I guess

Is the attitude issue not understandable? If Damien Duff was asked to play left back or sit on the bench for two seasons behind Zog, would he not have an attitude issue?

Zoggy was f****** garbage last season though. Even when being played in his favourite position.

But really, even had he played out of his skin when he did occasionaly get a game under Roeder on the left, do you think there was any chance in hell that he'd keep his place once Duff got back?

It was obvious as day that Duff was going to be automatic first-choice once he was signed. In an ideal world your young players would all have fabulous attitudes and just get on with it, but with the way things are these days the club has to make their best young talents happy, because if you don't then someone else will.

I'm resigned to him leaving, I've given up at this point in all honesty. But how anyone can't be absolutely sickened by the way we've not even attempted to develop his talent over the last two years is beyond me.

I think he is gonna go and there will be nothing we can do about it, yes the club will want to keep him but we all know if a player wants away then it usually happens, so they should make sure they get a high fee for him and at least try to sell him abroad and not in England.

He is not going to play well for us if we force him to stay, I just want to know why he is here and his family moved from France to live in London? thats just to strange..

Just reading through the McGeady thread to see if he's a possible replacement. Sounds like a skilful player but small and quite easily bullied out of the game. See that's something people tend to gloss over with Zog. He's quite physically strong and a bit of a hard cunt.

Just reading through the McGeady thread to see if he's a possible replacement. Sounds like a skilful player but small and quite easily bullied out of the game. See that's something people tend to gloss over with Zog. He's quite physically strong and a bit of a hard cunt.

Aye for his size he's not afraid of the odd tackle coming his way. One day you could see him losing it like and going all John Rambo. "Don't Push Me."

Aye for his size he's not afraid of the odd tackle coming his way. One day you could see him losing it like and going all John Rambo. "Don't Push Me."

Early on in his career Souness used him as a sub specifically because he wasn't afraid to mix it, and he's a lot bigger and stronger now. If McGeady comes I'd want to know that he isn't going to go missing when the tackles are flying. He'd have to be one exceptional player for us to carry a passenger.

Just reading through the McGeady thread to see if he's a possible replacement. Sounds like a skilful player but small and quite easily bullied out of the game. See that's something people tend to gloss over with Zog. He's quite physically strong and a bit of a hard c***.

yeah, i like that about him as well.. someone who never smiles is bound to be a tough bastard..

and although he is still young, too often this season he seemed like man among boys.. we're losing a game, everybody is scared shitless of the ball, struggling to pass it (backwards) while Zog takes on people like he doesn't give a fuck..

Just reading through the McGeady thread to see if he's a possible replacement. Sounds like a skilful player but small and quite easily bullied out of the game. See that's something people tend to gloss over with Zog. He's quite physically strong and a bit of a hard c***.

yeah, i like that about him as well.. someone who never smiles is bound to be a tough bastard..

and although he is still young, too often this season he seemed like man among boys.. we're losing a game, everybody is scared shitless of the ball, struggling to pass it (backwards) while Zog takes on people like he doesn't give a fuck..

Isn't someone who never smiles just a miserable bastard?

yeah, i like that about him as well.. someone who never smiles is bound to be a tough b******..

and although he is still young, too often this season he seemed like man among boys.. we're losing a game, everybody is scared shitless of the ball, struggling to pass it (backwards) while Zog takes on people like he doesn't give a f***..

Isn't someone who never smiles just a miserable b******?

no, more like a cold-blooded assassin.

Isn't someone who never smiles just a miserable bastard?

yeah, i like that about him as well.. someone who never smiles is bound to be a tough b******..

and although he is still young, too often this season he seemed like man among boys.. we're losing a game, everybody is scared shitless of the ball, struggling to pass it (backwards) while Zog takes on people like he doesn't give a f***..

Isn't someone who never smiles just a miserable b******?

no, more like a cold-blooded assassin.

No I think miserable bastard is pretty accurate tbh. N'Zogbia would be a mint gangsta rapper if he wasn't a footballer. Assuming he could rap of course.

My only concern is that Zog is leaving for another PL club.

Think he is overrated and I would not be too upset if he leaved. But I would not be to happy if it was for another PL club as I said. Because with the right enviorment I am sure he can be a good player and I would not like to see that in another PL club.

Guest Knightrider

If he wants to leave he can fuck right off and go, he's massively overrated and is more than replaceable. I want players here who want to be here not players who don't and that stands for those with talent too. Fuck him.

If he wants to leave he can fuck right off and go, he's massively overrated and is more than replaceable. I want players here who want to be here not players who don't and that stands for those with talent too. Fuck him.

WUM.