If Sunderland were higher than Newcastle.....................

Martin Lol

Is blooding youngsters really the right thing to do given the team's form right now though?  I fear that it might only serve to get them used to losing.  The ideal time to blood youngsters is giving them half an hour when you're 2-0 up or playing one or two of them from the start when you're in good form and the game doesn't mean anything.

Very confusing your London tribal things. Why do West Ham see you as the "enemy", I think Chelsea feel the same.

Your natural rivals in north London are Arsenal, so why do the pride of east and west London also hate you so much ?

Arsenal are not 'naturally' from North London, they are from Woolwich, South London.

WHU's bitterest rivals are Leyton Orient ;)

Very confusing your London tribal things. Why do West Ham see you as the "enemy", I think Chelsea feel the same.

Your natural rivals in north London are Arsenal, so why do the pride of east and west London also hate you so much ?

Arsenal are not 'naturally' from North London, they are from Woolwich, South London.

Yeah, like we're not really Newcastle United but Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End.

Spurs and Newcastle are fairly glamorous clubs despite their league positions season to season. West Ham, boro and Sunderland are about as glamorous as Beirut. And that's being kind unfortunately.

I couldn't give a shit about finishing above the mackems unless they finish one place below a trophy or qualifying place for something.  I want to beat them home and away on the rare occasion we're in the same league.  Other than that, I think it means more to them that they finish above us than it does the other way around, they're just a small minded set of fans from Durham.

Guest wheatley74

WELL, ITS SATURDAY NEARLY 8PM AND YES, SUNDERLAND HAVE GONE ABOVE US. TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, I WAS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE TEAMS UNDER THEM, BOLTON GOT BEAT (JUST) BUT BIRMINGHAM WIN.

IF WE FINISH 4TH BOTTOM, SUNDERLAND AND BORO FINISH ABOVE US, ID EVEN BE HAPPY, BUT FOR THEM ITS LIKE WINNING A TROPHY

THEY MAY HAVE TO FRAME THIS SEASONS TABLE, COZ FROM NEXT WE'LL DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE POINTS THEY'LL BE ON NEXT SEASON.

I am not that fussed about playing young kids, we should be putting out our best XI when possible. Of course I want us to finish above Sunderland & the Boro as they are the only realistic achievable targets we can aim for now, I dont think we can even achieve top of page 2 on teletext.

Yeah, like we're not really Newcastle United but Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End.

So that makes us Newcastle ....United....

Arsenal are from a different part of London, there is nothing in north London to connect them there, and no team from north London merged with them. 

Arsenal are from a different part of London, there is nothing in north London to connect them there, and no team from north London merged with them.  

The only real north London connection is that they've played there for nearly 100 years. Apart from that though.... :jesuswept:

how long have arsenal been in north london then ?

how long? I couldn't give a shit.  I know a few yiddo's who do though.

how long? I couldn't give a s***.  I know a few yiddo's who do though.

is it possible they've been there long enough to be classed as north london (i don't know how long arsenal have been in north london but their first game at highbury was in 1913.....i think they can  class themselves as north london by now.)

is it possible they've been there long enough to be classed as north london (i don't know how long arsenal have been in north london but their first game at highbury was in 1913.....i think they can  class themselves as north london by now.)

Well I think that's the point, isn't it? as far as Tottenham are concerned they are not from that area originally, how many years being irrelevant.  That gives the rivalry a slightly different edge.  Now afaic, I'm not too bothered either way, but the spurs fans that I know like to point this fact out, hence my comment earlier.