Ronaldo vs Henry

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronaldo. Henry was great at what he did, but some of the things Ronaldo does with the ball is just unreal.

I don't think his actual dribbling is as good as people make out in all honesty. His positioning, shooting, pace and power are amazing. But for someone with his supposed ability with the ball at his feet he never really beats many people and fires home. Not that you can argue with the form he's in though, but you know what I mean.

I think they're both similar though that they were fortunate enough to play in teams that suit their game down to the ground, for Ronaldo an aggressive, direct all out attack team, which reflects his game. And Henry, lots of movement in the rest of the team creating lots of room and options for him, which he thrived on.

Ronaldo's a very, very good player, but a tad over-rated. Most of the time, his team are much better than the opposition, and he gets time, space and opportunities to run at defences with the ball. In those situations, he's devastating. When the opposition is stronger and he's got someone right up against him the second he receives the ball, it's a different story.

It gets said that he doesn't produce on the big occasions. I'd say he finds it hard to produce against the best teams.

As a player who'll help you win the League, he's extremely valueable. If I had to pick one player to help win the Champions League Final, I'd go for Rooney. He'll do it whatever the opposition.

Ronaldo's a very, very good player, but a tad over-rated. Most of the time, his team are much better than the opposition, and he gets time, space and opportunities to run at defences with the ball. In those situations, he's devastating. When the opposition is stronger and he's got someone right up against him the second he receives the ball, it's a different story.

It gets said that he doesn't produce on the big occasions. I'd say he finds it hard to produce against the best teams.

That's why he is often average in top European games.

Individually probably Henry, for me though Ronaldo adds that little je ne sais qua to the whole team which Henry never quite managed.

A gnats pube between them though

Despite Henry being French, and Cristiano Portuguese?  :yikes:

henry is not as good as people make him out to be (he had flashes of class) went missing for long periods in games, was not good against big clubs in general the arsenal team made him look better then he was (nearly always sucked when he played for france)...horse face nistelrooy was a better forward imo and has been a success in all the leagues he has played in.

in there prime...except ronaldo :p

Bergkamp>>Ronaldo>>R.V.N.>>Henry

In my opinion Bergkamp was more talented than Henry but Henry got the absolute maximum out of his talent.

Ronaldo for me, i think this big game thing is a bit of a myth, although no doubt there are stats whihc may show otherwise, but that game against Roma last year was one of the single best perfomrances ive seen from an individual for awhlie ( I know Smith got one as well but....)

Bergkamp is a magnificent player but he wasn't as good as Henry when he was at his peak.

I thought people stopped saying Henry didn't perform in the big matches when he scored 2 against Chelsea..

Arsenal were dominated in that game against Chelsea though - not necessarily the best match to make Henry's case.

Bergkamp is a magnificent player but he wasn't as good as Henry when he was at his peak.

I thought people stopped saying Henry didn't perform in the big matches when he scored 2 against Chelsea..

Arsenal were dominated in that game against Chelsea though - not necessarily the best match to make Henry's case.

Inter Meelan away.