Graeme Souness

Guest Geordiesned

Guest neesy111

As if he made a mistake taking us on when he was THE ONLY manager below us in the league, twat. : lol:

As if you can liken Dalglish to Souness, man. KD took over a team that had peaked and finished 2nd, getting us into the Champions League. Souness seemingly went out of his way to almost kill this club. If if ever bump into that horrible prick I'll slap his 'proper' face.

As if he made a mistake taking us on when he was one of the very few managers below us in the league, twat. : lol:

Aye. Bet the cunt couldn't believe his luck when he was offered this job before being given the boot at Blackburn. Speaks volumes that no other club has employed him since.

To think we paid compensation for the fucker.

As if you can liken Dalglish to Souness, man. KD took over a team that had peaked and finished 2nd, getting us into the Champions League. Souness seemingly went out of his way to almost kill this club. If if ever bump into that horrible prick I'll slap his 'proper' face.

Aye they still both ended up doing the same thing though, ruining this football club and sending it back years.

Guest Howaythetoon

Souness couldn't handle this club which was the biggest dent to his ego, not the actual failure or sacking. Him blaming everyone and everything is par for the course with every manager really.

The sad thing is, whenever he has talked about the club in general he always says it is a huge club with the potential to be as big as any. He has said some kind words about the support too.

Souness couldn't handle this club which was the biggest dent to his ego, not the actual failure or sacking. Him blaming everyone and everything is par for the course with every manager really.

The sad thing is, whenever he has talked about the club in general he always says it is a huge club with the potential to be as big as any. He has said some kind words about the support too.

everyone I know who has met him (including some who set out to have a go at him) have said he's a fantastic bloke to have a crack on with.

he was a poor manager for us but the bellamy thing was poor little craigy's fault, he lied about a reason for missing training and was dropped (a bit like ferguson done with beckham) but bellamy wouldn't accept it, in his own words "he went behind my back infront of my face".

Guest Howaythetoon

everyone I know who has met him (including some who set out to have a go at him) have said he's a fantastic bloke to have a crack on with.

he was a poor manager for us but the bellamy thing was poor little craigy's fault, he lied about a reason for missing training and was dropped (a bit like ferguson done with beckham) but bellamy wouldn't accept it, in his own words "he went behind my back infront of my face".

I've heard the same like, that he's a cracking bloke. A mate of a mine met him on holiday a few years back and he had nowt but good things to say about the club and fans. He even bought him and his wife a bottle of wine.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bellamy acted a right bollocks under Souness, as did Robert but in a different way. Such attitudes always lead to disaster regardless. People slag Souness for the way he treated those two and perhaps rightly so but they were highly unprofessional throughout his time as their manager. They were all as bad as each other for me. At one point I was glad to see all 3 long gone from my club, despite how good Bellamy and Robert had been.

Bellamy acted a right bollocks under Souness, as did Robert but in a different way. Such attitudes always lead to disaster regardless. People slag Souness for the way he treated those two and perhaps rightly so but they were highly unprofessional throughout his time as their manager. They were all as bad as each other for me. At one point I was glad to see all 3 long gone from my club, despite how good Bellamy and Robert had been.

The 2 players who took us from 11th to 3rd as bad as Souness, who took us from 5th to 16th. Quality.

HTT can't be reasoned with if it has anything at all to do with Alan 'better than Ronaldo' Shearer.

Guest Howaythetoon

htt man, delete that and post something else as i'm dangerously close to having to agree with you.

If I remember right, me and you shared similar views about the whole Souness, Bellamy, Robert, Shepherd et al at thing at the time.

Guest bimpy474

What is this stuff about Robert being unprofessional?

He was like that all through wasn't he. How many times did Sir Bobby say he had to have him in his office for stuff he said back in France. Not the same kind of unprofessional though.

Guest Howaythetoon

The 2 players who took us from 11th to 3rd as bad as Souness, who took us from 5th to 16th. Quality.

HTT can't be reasoned with if it has anything at all to do with Alan 'better than Ronaldo' Shearer.

I'm talking about their attitudes and the damage their respective attitudes and actions lead to now their talents man. Bellamy and Robert = good, Souness = shit.

Bellamy and Robert's attitude and actions under Souness, had a negative impact on things and didn't help our cause one iota, henec as bad as each other.

As for the Shearer/Ronaldo thing. We've done this to death but to clarify once again...

The footballer

Ronaldo------------------------------------- Shearer

The all-round centre-forward

Shearer---------- Ronaldo

In short Ronaldo was without a doubt the better footballer, more skilled, better technique, more flair etc but given they were both centre-forwards, in terms of all-round centre-forward play etc. Shearer for me was better as was Batistuta.

When it came to the art of being a centre-forward, a number 9, a striker, there was none better in his era than Shearer, not even the great Ronaldo.

When it comes to the art of football, i.e. skills, flair, wizardry, beating players, just damn well exciting the fan, there was not many better than Ronaldo full stop.

Don't compare them to Souness, man. He fucking destroyed us in the name of his ego.

Absolutely. A manager worth any salt might tend to avoid hitting the self destruct when two of his best players don't automatically tow the party line (neither were cancers at the club as some kept banging on, Robert in particular made some reasonable points which should have had no cause to wad anyone's panties).

Souness however just couldn't help it, he put himself first and took us down a path that saw a good deal of Robson's team and legacy crumble.

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't compare them to Souness, man. He f***ing destroyed us in the name of his ego.

I'm not, I'm saying their actions and indiscipline helped extrapolate the shitness of the Souness era. Btw, Bellamy's own ego was what ultimately brought his Toon career to an end, the bloke simply couldn't handle being talked down to or criticism/difference of opinion. As his book is clearly showcasing for all to see. Well some of us anyway.

If Eric fucking Cantona's ego can be managed to the massive benefit of a team, so can Craig Bellamy's. Good managers manage every personality differently, they don't let their best player go to Blackburn for £6m.

Got absolutely no doubt Bellamy would have been a difficult character to deal with. A good manager would have got the best out of him and managed him properly but Souness couldn't. He didn't solve the problem, he sold the problem for a fraction of his worth because he simply couldn't manage him, or the situation, effectively.