Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do we have any choice but to sack him? He'll be out for six months yeah, but the psychological effect prison time will have on him plus the fitness he'll lose from not training regularly will probably irreparably damage his worth as a footballer.

It's not as if he was a world-beater to begin with. Hopefully there's some get out clause in his contract we can exploit.

He shouldn't be sacked because it's bad buiness sense. Those who want him gone should be saying "wait until he gets out and then sell him"

Oh aye. Teams are going to be queueing up aren't they.

They will be if we sack him.

??? Erm, ok... yeah, possibly. But i said teams won't be queueing up if we hang onto him. What's your point?

I'm sure there was a clause in his contract that said if he got sent down we had the option of releasing him for nowt.

hope we do.

never liked him.

he's a scouse thug that we should never have signed in the first place and he's crap

Former Newcastle midfielder Rob Lee expects the club’s current manager Kevin Keegan to throw his full support behind Joey Barton despite the player’s six-month prison sentence.

Barton was handed the lengthy term on Tuesday for assault and affray following an incident that took place in Liverpool in December last year.

The England international now looks to face an uphill struggle to keep his football career on track, but Lee thinks there is still hope for the former Manchester City midfielder, even if things hang in the balance.

“Newcastle could take a hard stance, decide they’ve had enough and sack him,” Lee told Setanta Sports News. “Or they could back him and say, ‘you’re in last-chance saloon’ and wait for him to get out, get fit and start again.

“You just wonder how manay chances they’re going to give him. This happened before Kevin was manager so he’s got that in his favour.

“If he’d done it under Kevin and been warned for the last time – Kevin can be hard – he would have come down on him.

“I would expect him to back him but you never know what the Newcastle owners are going to say. Obviously they come into the equation as well.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/20/Prem-Lee-on-Barton/

Guest alex

He shouldn't be sacked because it's bad buiness sense. Those who want him gone should be saying "wait until he gets out and then sell him"

Oh aye. Teams are going to be queueing up aren't they.

They will be if we sack him.

??? Erm, ok... yeah, possibly. But i said teams won't be queueing up if we hang onto him. What's your point?

Didn't really have one, I was just joking tbh. Although he would find a club no problem if he was sacked. I'm loving the OTT reactions though.

Guest alex

Gordon Taylor from the PFA using Barton & articulate in the same sentence :D

He is fairly articulate though.

Still think its a joke like, from the report I heard of the incident he was followed for ages. Don't think we will release him, no wages while he is in jail or something but I expect him to be back once his prison term is done.

Guest Ebolarama
CCTV footage showed Barton confronting a group of people on Church Street, knocking an unidentified man to the ground before straddling him and punching him up to five times while his cousin, Nadine Wilson, 27, threw food.

Barton is then understood to have punched the man up to 15 more times. He also attacked and punched a 16-year-old, leaving him with broken teeth, and has been ordered to pay £2,500 so the damaged teeth can be repaired.

Fucking pond scum. Ditch him and have done with it.

Guest pistonism

Is there anyway we can do a deal with the jail and have Alan Smith sit out Barton's sentence for him? Everyone's a winner that way.

Actually, I kind of like this idea. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Guest alex

Most people probably know people who've done stuff worse than this and got away with it. I'm not condoning it either before anyone asks.

Guest Ebolarama

Most people probably know people who've done stuff worse than this and got away with it. I'm not condoning it either before anyone asks.

If I knew someone who had done something like this, I wouldn't want to associate with them ever again. In this instance, I don't want him having anything more to do with the club.

Guest alex

If I knew someone who had done something like this, I wouldn't want to associate with them ever again. In this instance, I don't want him having anything more to do with the club.

Good for you.

Guest alex

I wonder how many sentances it takes the Sun to make a reference to his brother tomorrow

"Barton set to be axed by Toon"

Guest Ebolarama

Good for you.

Thanks. I do have a pretty decent moral grounding.

Guest alex

Good for you.

Do you want a medal or something? :lol:

Do we have any choice but to sack him? He'll be out for six months yeah, but the psychological effect prison time will have on him plus the fitness he'll lose from not training regularly will probably irreparably damage his worth as a footballer.

It's not as if he was a world-beater to begin with. Hopefully there's some get out clause in his contract we can exploit.

Every chance he'll be out in half that given the state of the prisons...

It could have the effect of humbling him and at the very least, it'll keep him out of trouble in the summer :)

Guest Ebolarama

Good for you.

Do you want a medal or something? :lol:

I had no idea they'd brought back the old Medals For Morals incentive. If you could pass along the details of where I can apply, that'd be fantastic. I can hardly wait.