I reckon we're going to take off again...

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

IF KK gets the full support and backing of everyone and the ability to run things as he sees fit 100% the only limit to what we can achieve together is his imagination and I can honestly see us taking off again, which I think we will do providing he gets that support and backing. I just get this feeling that we're heading for another rolercoaster but one with a much brighter future and while it will take some doing to top what he first achieved here back in the 90s, if anyone can he can. Yes I'm merry on the recent performances and points return but fuck it, why not?!  :thup:

The big thing in all this is that we have a very enthusiastic new owner who smeems like a top guy and who was actually responsible for bringing him back and who, it seems, will be backing him fully.

We could be frighteningly good under these conditions.

So coach ... a word for my boy Martins? Coming along just fine under king kev eh?  :coolsmiley:

Guest float one in

IF KK gets the full support and backing of everyone and the ability to run things as he sees fit 100% the only limit to what we can achieve together is his imagination and I can honestly see us taking off again, which I think we will do providing he gets that support and backing. I just get this feeling that we're heading for another rolercoaster but one with a much brighter future and while it will take some doing to top what he first achieved here back in the 90s, if anyone can he can. Yes I'm merry on the recent performances and points return but f*** it, why not?!  :thup:

Well I reckon KK's imagination is proabably at least as good as mine, and last night I imagined we won the Champions League in two seasons' time! Alright!

So far the results are looking good.  The team has been playing much more mobile and fluid going back at least till the Birmingham and Blackburn games, and results like the last two games were due.

Alardyce had the team standing still - passing to players who were already covered or who were completely stationary. It was poor pass one way into danger, then a poor pass right back where it had come from. No-one in teh midfield was facing forward, everyone was facing backwards....Static players, Static football.

Now they have movement....the players are moving into supporting positions, the ball is played for players to move on to, and not to the foot of a stationary player with his back to the opposition. 

This is at least the 4th game in a row that the players have been moving and supporting each other.

A few more games of this type of display and we will be a much more attractive proposition for potential players to come to in the summer.

Has Newcastle-Online been re-hosted somewhere else? It was only 2 games ago when this place was talking about Newcastle in the Championship.

Is everything a knee-jerk?

Its just that those 2 games and Boltons result have probably saved us from relegation.

Guest Knightrider

I won't speak for others but I have and always will be confident and hopeful where NUFC is concerned under the stewardship of one Kevin Keegan who I trust and have absolute (blind even) faith in, 100%. Providing he gets the right backing, support and is allowed to run things as he sees fit. Again, if so, I reckon we'll have our time. 3rd time lucky...

Has Newcastle-Online been re-hosted somewhere else? It was only 2 games ago when this place was talking about Newcastle in the Championship.

Is everything a knee-jerk?

I'm as guilty as the next guy of being a knee jerker, I was convinced only a few weeks ago that we were dead and buried. But the turnaround in form since the 2nd half against Brum has been amazing. I honestly couldn't see us winning another game before that.

Perhaps your right we all need to take a step back and not get carried away by two decent result but I'm just loving the positive feeling I have about where the club is going now after so many years of clearly going backwards.

I always have and will always back Keegan to the hilt. Said the same thing when I thought we could go down, and I'll say it next season when we're bumming teams in the face.  :smug:

EIEIEIO  :thup:

Guest Knightrider

It's not so much the recent points and performances, for me. It's KK's body language, his words, his personal effect on the characters of this pile of shite team that play in wor colors that somehow makes me feel very optimistic about the future. The man has it sussed and when he gets some money to buy the players he wants and gets to create a proper team in his and the club's image, I think we'll do rather well indeed.

Guest Knightrider

Importantly he's loved by the fans and to fans' credit, they've been brilliant with him and the team since his return despite 9 games without a win prior to Fulham which would have seen off others. This relationship will be crucial.

Guest Knightrider

I'm happy that HTT is happy.

I'm always happy bar the odd OTT reactionary emotional outbust.

Guest Knightrider

So coach ... a word for my boy Martins? Coming along just fine under king kev eh?  :coolsmiley:

Still not the answer I'm afraid but he's doing his bit in the circumstances and can't be doing his chances any harm which is the main thing.

Was it CoachHTT that was in love with Sam Allardyce and used to write essays to that effect on here? I hope he hasn't cursed it again :p

On a serious note, Keegan seems to be the sort of manager that thrives on momentum and once he has that it will be difficult to stop us moving up the table - but talk of champions league is etc is very fanciful unless we get some serious quality.

It should be all about stepping stones.

This season - First safety, then good form in how we play.  Hopefully objective achieved

Then next season - Utilise our end of season form to attract some key players. Won't be earth shattering signings, but will be progress. Think Ferdinand/Lee rather than Shearer. Aiming for 10-7th in the league.

Season after - then we hit top form, top 6 and beyond.

Think how Chelsea were positioned by Claudio Ranieri as a good but not great team, before they kicked into top gear with the Big Signings. Without the work done by Ranieri, they would never have been able to get the signings they did get (inc Mourinho).

This season - First safety, then good form in how we play.   Hopefully objective achieved

Then next season - Utilise our end of season form to attract some key players. Won't be earth shattering signings, but will be progress. Think Ferdinand/Lee rather than Shearer. Aiming for 10-7th in the league.

Think how Chelsea were positioned by Claudio Ranieri as a good but not great team, before they kicked into top gear with the Big Signings. Without the work done by Ranieri, they would never have been able to get the signings they did get (inc Mourinho).

Ranieri made most of their better signings, but I kinda get your point.

This season - First safety, then good form in how we play.   Hopefully objective achieved

Ranieri made most of their better signings, but I kinda get your point.

Actually, I think Keegan is our Ranieri.......steadies the ship, and prepares us for the next stage.....although I'd like to see him stay and reap the rewards himself