Deco & if not him then it is Joao Moutinho

Thespence

Guest Stephen927

Kev and Terry Mac were at the Rangers - Sporting game.

Would rather it was the other way round, Moutinho as the main target, Deco as back up.

Unless I've missed something and I'm about to get whooshed  :doh: haha

Guest sicko2ndbest

Apparantly we are locked in talks with Gill for Ronaldo and Laporta for Messi

Sorry being vecicious

Great signings and good to see the ball is starting to roll

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barcelona star is Keegan's summer target

Apr 6 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE are preparing a spectacular £15 million summer swoop for Barcelona star Deco.

And the Magpies have identified fellow Portuguese international Joao Moutinho as an alternative midfield target if their bold bid for Deco fails.

United were wrongly linked with Deco (right) last summer, but have begun investigating the possibility of bringing him to Tyneside.

The Sunday Sun can reveal a Newcastle delegation has met the Brazilian-born 30-year-old’s agent, Jorge Mendes, in the last fortnight.

And they have been anything but dissuaded from testing Barcelona’s resolve to hang on to a player who is no longer a fixture in their starting XI.

Deco has started only half of Barca’s league games this season and has openly pondered his future at the Nou Camp.

So where he has previously been valued at £40 million-plus, Newcastle understand that Barca would now be willing to do business at 20 million euros.

And United have told Mendes that they are willing to make Deco their second £100,000- a-week player after Michael Owen.

Chelsea and Tottenham are also interested in a player who almost joined the Blues after winning the Champions League at Porto, before going on to repeat the feat with Barca.

But although both London clubs could offer what Newcastle cannot – European football – Spurs could not match the salary available at St James’s Park, and uncertainty over Avram Grant’s future as Chelsea manager means they may not be in a position to make significant transfer moves early in the summer.

Asked about Newcastle’s interest in Deco, a source at Mendes’ company, Gestifute, said: “We maintain contacts with many clubs because we represent many players.”

But if Deco proves elusive, Kevin Keegan is also keen on 21-year-old Moutinho (below) as he seeks a world-class playmaker.

Keegan saw Moutinho star for Sporting Lisbon in their UEFA Cup clash with Rangers at Ibrox on Thursday.

But it would take an even more mammoth fee to persuade Sporting to do business.

And Keegan would be sorely tested to persuade Moutinho to snub other suitors in favour of Newcastle.

Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is also on Keegan’s radar.

Guest elbee909

Sorry being vecicious

Well, if we're making up words, then I'm anaspeptic, phrasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

I think Moutinho would struggle in this league

Why? How about Miguel Velvuso?

Why? because he's very lightweight. Talented like, and would be a bit of a coup for Newcastle to sign him but I think he would be much better off in Spain or Italy. Veloso would be class though.

If we sign Deco we're going back to signing players on the down who want one last pay day.

Parker (Chelsea)

Emre (Inter)

Duff (Chelsea)

Butt (Man Utd)

Martins (Inter)

Owen (Real Madrid)

Smith (Man Utd)

Although not all of those have been bad signings there is a pattern, no? All the clubs they've signed from are bigger than us. We want players who are looking at Newcastle as a step-up not a step-down.

If we sign Deco we're going back to signing players on the down who want one last pay day.

Parker (Chelsea)

Emre (Inter)

Duff (Chelsea)

Butt (Man Utd)

Martins (Inter)

Owen (Real Madrid)

Smith (Man Utd)

Although not all of those have been bad signings there is a pattern, no? All the clubs they've signed from are bigger than us. We want players who are looking at Newcastle as a step-up not a step-down.

Can hardly call signing a 21 year old as one last pay day, the others you're probably right thought

Guest Stephen927

£15m for Deco?

Would rather we tried for Arshavin. Deco is too one dimensional for me, don't think he'd cut the mustard in the Premiership.

Parker (Chelsea)

Emre (Inter)

Duff (Chelsea)

Butt (Man Utd)

Martins (Inter)

Owen (Real Madrid)

Smith (Man Utd)

Can hardly call signing a 21 year old as one last pay day, the others you're probably right thought

Pilko, you're on fucking smack.

Parker (Chelsea)

Emre (Inter)

Duff (Chelsea)

Butt (Man Utd)

Martins (Inter)

Owen (Real Madrid)

Smith (Man Utd)

Pilko, you're on f****** smack.

Look up, I've corrected myself. Gone cold turkey.  :blush: