Portsmouth v Newcastle - April Sat 12 @ 17:15

Skirge

Same again please lads, picking the starting 11 is not a challenge anymore is it :lol:

------------------Harper

Beye-----Taylor---------Faye--------Enrique

------Geremi------Butt----------Barton

------Owen-------Viduka--------Martins

i just saw their fa cup semi at wembley the other day. to think we will beat them 3-1 is too much tbh. they are excellent defensively and although we are definately getting better im going for 1-1 or 1-2. defoe to score for them.

They are still fighting for Europe in the league so I cannot see this being as easy as people make out.

I am still however hopeful we can get a result, even if just a draw.  IMO, a win would certinaly mean we are moving in the right direction.

Same again please lads, picking the starting 11 is not a challenge anymore is it :lol:

------------------Harper

Looks like it might still be for you though Skirge, as you've made an absolute pigs ear of our formation there!

Owen in behind Viduka and Martins is how we lineup.

Get it sorted!

:coolsmiley:

------------------Harper

Looks like it might still be for you though Skirge, as you've made an absolute pigs ear of our formation there!

Owen in behind Viduka and Martins is how we lineup.

Get it sorted!

:coolsmiley:

------------------Harper

-------------------Butt

------Geremi-------------------Barton

------------------Owen

----------Viduka--------Martins

:lol:

Big factor will be how Portsmouth's mentality will be affected having got to the cup final.

I cant decide whether its more likely that their players will take their foot off the pedal so as to ensure not getting injured badly between now and the cup final or whether they will double their efforts to make sure they make the team.

Either way, with the 2 sides current style of play and confidence, has the potential for being another decent game. I fear for them being too physical for us.

Guest GAMMELL

I'm going for 2-1 away win here with Owen grabbing the winner (mystic meg or what?)  O0 , Pompey have West 'am tomorrow also so Im hoping Defoe picks up a knock keeping him out of our game Saturday.

PS: Hope Baros plays, He's f*cking useless

Guest Jawesome

We are gonna give them a good game, but I think they will be literally too strong for us.  I actually won't feel to downhearted if we lose though.  I think we are due a loss and anything other than that will be a bonus.  Hopefully Portsmouth will be shite from now until the end of the season with their minds on other things.

Guest LucaAltieri

Defoe has been on form but we managed to keep Berbatov and Keane at bay for 90 minutes so I don't see why little Jermain should be a problem.

Pompy were shite at the weekend. The pace of Martins is going to tourment Sol. They can't deal with a striker coming deep to get the ball. Kevin Phillips looked like Kaka at the weekend, so Michael Owen in the same role will be another thing altogether.

1-3.

Guest Phil K

Very winnable the way the team is playing and the confidence being shown.

David James is the best goalie we have faced in our little run, and Defoe and one or two others are good.

Portsmouth 1; Newcastle 2

is my prediction. We owe them big time for the catastrophic mess at SJP. Which may have been the start of our problems

Skirge has it as "Vive La Revolution"

It is, isn't it ? ;)

What a change 3 wins on the trot makes to this forum :razz:

I think we're underestimating them a bit. They are in the finals of the FA Cup and are still in 6th place in the Premiership, so they're no pushovers. And they won't be like Spurs and play players in new (read: unusual) positions therefore this will be a tougher game. The Spurs comparison also isn't that apt not only because of the aforementioned reason but because Pompey have been much better and more consistent this season than Spurs. I'm scared of the thought of Muntari zooming past our slow midfield trio and having a shot from range. It'll be a good game anyway but a point would be stellar.