promotion, relegation and the title race

ChrisJbarnes

Guest GAMMELL

On current form, Hull should win that league.

I've seen all of them play first hand this season, and West Brom are by far the best team in that top 6. Watford are very good at what they do (kick the ball long, kick any player in sight) so I'd love for them to miss out.

It's nothing like that at all. It's kick ball long, elbow player whilst in the air, lose header, moan at Ellington.

I admire your honesty GG. What are your predictions for the promotion run-in anyway? obviously Watford will be occupying one of the automatic places  :pow:

BTW, here's my take on it.

Bristol City have been consistent so far this season, good football with an average bunch of players who've had a great footballing ethic instilled into them by who is to me manager of the season. However, of late they've been awful (were crap against us and Southampton on Saturday), I can't see them going up automatically, not with us WBA, Stoke and Hull breathing down their necks.

WBA are a good footballing side, despite being a bunch of utter twats. They play football the right way however they're very inconsistent, much like the rest of the division and for some reason I can't see them going up, in fact I'd say it's a toss up between us and them for an automatic spot all depending upon our game against them at the Hawthorns.

Hull look like us when we were promoted, in your face, first to everything with that real will to win. It's nice to see, but not nice when you're thrashed by them. I've run a predictor on this and have them finishing one point off of the automatic spots, but they can and will make a late charge to it and are the only in-form side out of the top 5. However, they're not a really youthful side, with Okocha and Windass playing big roles for them, I can see them both struggling in the Premier League as well as them not keeping Frazier Campbell. I still think they'll sneak it.

Stoke are awful, no doubt about that. We outplayed them with 10 men and let's face it, we've been poor all season despite somehow having stayed up there all season. Without Liam Lawrence playing Stoke are woeful and everything goes through him. They're not even very good however they have a relatively easy run-in and I can see them clinging onto an automatic spot, unfortunately. An absolute parasite on the game they are, their loutish fans, hellish home and dreadful players.

Us. Well, I'm not particularly confident, seeing as we've thrown away the title really, having been 9 points clear at the top of the table in October. We've won about 1 in 12 games, with 10 draws in that (I think) which is really disgustingly bad. The loss of John Eustace and Darius Henderson to suspensions recently were hard on us, especially as Eustace didn't deserve his sending off (you cunt Styles) however we have three home games, all of which are winnable (however it's us and well we don't win at home) and a tricky trip to the Hawthorns as well as a final day trip to Bloomfield Road and Blackpool. I can see us doing it if we win our home games, which is unlikely but after we managed to win there on Saturday, I can see it happening.

My predictions, automatic: Watford, Stoke playoffs: Hull or West Brom.

Guest shaun11177

Sitting in Hull as i am i can tell you everyone is shocked and a bit scared if they go up-will go straight down again with possibly 9 points if theyre lucky!.

Guest GAMMELL

Sitting in Hull as i am i can tell you everyone is shocked and a bit scared if they go up-will go straight down again with possibly 9 points if theyre lucky!.

Is Michael Bridges still knocking about at Hull?

Bristol City, Hull and Stoke would all get raped in the Prem, see Derby County for details.

Out of the top 6 teams only West Brom might have the ability to retain Prem status for the following season.

You never know, no-one expected Wigan to survive when they came up. More likely is your scenario though.

Watford could quite easily have a good run of form now I reckon, they've had a bad patch recently but won at the weekend so hopefully they can do well till the end of the season and get promoted automatically.

I still think that if we go up this time, we'll have a better chance of staying up and will finish above Stoke/Hull/Brizzle if they come up. We have the experience of the Premier League, Aidy will have a slightly bigger budget and has been slowly bringing in more technical players such as Bromby and Eustace. Williams and Francis haven't featured much this season due to injury, but I think that one of them alongside John Eustace would be fantastic. Of course, we'd need a new right-back and a quality striker plus some more competition on the wings, but I think our squad fully fit plus a few well picked additions would be able to at least fight well against relegation and maybe, just maybe stay up. If only we could sign Adam Johnson permanently.

I don't know why Watford sold King or why Bolton sold Anelka for that matter. Lunacy. :idiot2:

Because the money-grabbing cunt wanted £40,000 a week and wasn't looking arsed to do anything for us. Selfish wanker.

Guest GAMMELL

I don't know why Watford sold King or why Bolton sold Anelka for that matter. Lunacy. :idiot2:

Selling Anelka & replacing him with the loan signing of Gregorz Rasiak, Defo an act of f*cking lunacy & one which give's Bolton a very slim, if not any chance of Premiership survival.

Guest GAMMELL

Because the money-grabbing c*** wanted £40,000 a week and wasn't looking arsed to do anything for us. Selfish w******.

40K a week??? Un-f*cking believable.  :lol: :lol:

Sitting in Scunthorpe as I am, I can tell you that most Hull fans think they'll survive if they go up.

King has looked so out of his depth it's untrue for Wigan as well.

Not really the point. If it costs them promotion, Watford will lose out on a lot more than the £5m they got for him.

Not really the point. If it costs them promotion, Watford will lose out on a lot more than the £5m they got for him.

The point I was trying to make is they would have offloaded him in January anyway had he got them promoted, as his performances in this league have been nothing short of woeful. If they miss out it's because Bothroyd is currently playing Steve Kabba ahead of Collins John.

The point I was trying to make is they would have offloaded him in January anyway had he got them promoted, as his performances in this league have been nothing short of woeful. If they miss out it's because Bothroyd is currently playing Steve Kabba ahead of Collins John.

John has looked woeful for us, he runs a bit but looks like a headless chicken without posing any real threat to the opposition's goal whatsoever, been really disappointing so far.

Bristol City, Hull and Stoke would all get raped in the Prem, see Derby County for details.

Out of the top 6 teams only West Brom might have the ability to retain Prem status for the following season.

You never know, no-one expected Wigan to survive when they came up. More likely is your scenario though.

I agree you never really know, tbh Wigan, Brum and to a degree Reading too have been capable of falling this year but will probably survive. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilities that all the clubs that go up would have a chance of finishing above those 3 next year.

I think a lot of clubs will learn from Derby's dreadful season, if you want to survive you simply have to spend money. Players like Dean Windass for example aren't going to keep you in the top flight of the toughest league in the world.

Hull have the massive problem that their best player won't be with them next season.

However, they'd have a massive fan base, and plenty of investment. If they really wanted to succeed in the Premiership, I think they'd give it a much better go than Derby did this season.

okocha havent said he will retire yet? :D