promotion, relegation and the title race

ChrisJbarnes

looks like its derby, fulham and bolton going down from the premiership. how do you think they will fare next season? also, who do you think wil come up this season?

realistically, any of this lot could come up. id like to see charlton, watford and west brom/bristol city

and also man u winning the premiership i reckon.

1 Bristol City 42 12 6 3 30 20 7 7 7 19 29 0 70

2 Stoke 41 11 6 3 33 24 7 9 5 30 27 12 69

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Hull 41 12 6 3 40 17 7 5 8 19 24 18 68

4 Watford 41 8 7 5 26 23 10 7 4 34 25 12 68

5 West Brom 40 12 6 3 49 25 7 4 8 29 26 27 67

6 Wolverhampton 40 9 5 5 26 23 7 8 6 21 22 2 61

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Ipswich 41 13 6 1 40 12 3 6 12 18 39 7 60

8 Charlton 42 8 6 7 33 27 8 6 7 25 25 6 60

9 Plymouth 42 8 8 5 32 20 8 3 10 22 26 8 59

10 Crystal Palace 41 7 9 5 24 23 7 8 5 22 16 7 59

11 Burnley 42 7 8 6 27 26 8 5 8 28 31 -2 58

12 Cardiff 40 10 4 7 25 20 4 10 5 22 24 3 56

13 Sheff Utd 41 8 7 5 26 21 6 7 8 20 23 2 56

On current form, Hull should win that league.

I've seen all of them play first hand this season, and West Brom are by far the best team in that top 6. Watford are very good at what they do (kick the ball long, kick any player in sight) so I'd love for them to miss out.

looks like its derby, fulham and bolton going down from the premiership. how do you think they will fare next season? also, who do you think wil come up this season?

realistically, any of this lot could come up. id like to see charlton, watford and west brom/bristol city

would rather not see more London teams like Charlton and Watford (near enough to London) come up but I suppose its less of a trek than Bristol

would rather not see more London teams like Charlton and Watford (near enough to London) come up but I suppose its less of a trek than Bristol

I'd love Bristol to come up because my auntie has a house there I can use. Free accomodation.  :coolsmiley:

Bristol City, Hull and Stoke would all get raped in the Prem, see Derby County for details.

Out of the top 6 teams only West Brom might have the ability to retain Prem status for the following season.

Bristol City, Hull and Stoke would all get raped in the Prem, see Derby County for details.

Out of the top 6 teams only West Brom might have the ability to retain Prem status for the following season.

Hull have the massive problem that their best player won't be with them next season.

However, they'd have a massive fan base, and plenty of investment. If they really wanted to succeed in the Premiership, I think they'd give it a much better go than Derby did this season.

Agree with that. A lot of averageness in the championship, many teams who would come up and get murdered.

well rather selfishly, thats the reason id like them promoted. that and the fact that theyre cheap. fulham going down is a great shame for me as its such a nice ground in a nice place. that said, ill be bloody annoyed if stoke come up- wankers.

well rather selfishly, thats the reason id like them promoted. that and the fact that theyre cheap. fulham going down is a great shame for me as its such a nice ground in a nice place. that said, ill be bloody annoyed if stoke come up- wankers.

But they'll get egg'd and sent right back to where they belong.  Would be fun.

Agree with that. A lot of averageness in the championship, many teams who would come up and get murdered.

seconded. when i saw pompey v west brom, west brom looked like theyd stay up easily IF they bought a few good players. watching the first stoke fa cup game, their defenders were ok, but that ricardo fuller (one of the best players in the champ) looked crap. charlton might just survive?

Hull, Bristol and Watford. 18 easy points right there.

thats what we thought until we played derby

This.

Add that to last season's home goalless draw and away 2-0 defeat to Charlton, the home 1-0 defeat to Sheffield Utd and the 1-1 away draw with Watford.

We can't ever beat the crap teams, part of the reason why we struggle.

But we actually play to win games now rather than play to stop the opposition

But we actually play to win games now rather than play to stop the opposition

This.

Add that to last season's home goalless draw and away 2-0 defeat to Charlton, the home 1-0 defeat to Sheffield Utd and the 1-1 away draw with Watford.

We can't ever beat the crap teams, part of the reason why we struggle.

luckily though, weve just beat fulham and reading so hopefully thats finished noW!

It's incredibly tight at the moment, it really all depends on who runs into form in the final straight. Only Hull appear to have any form at the moment, all the rest are dropping points.

West Brom have games in a hand and have probably been distracted by their exploits in the FA cup, I'm expecting them to refocus now they are out, they could come with a run.

Stoke have good run in and are difficult to beat there problem has been scoring goals, there manager is a bit on the negative side too, bit like our former boss.

Hull have come with a good run, not sure if they can sustain it though, they seem to be coming good at the right time they just need to guard against peaking too soon.

Bristol City since they hit the top have had some really poor results, they lost again on Saturday. yet they are still up there which is testiment to how badly the others have done of late too.

Watford have been here before, like West Brom that experience may count for a lot.

It really is incredibly tight any one of thesa teams who are able to string a few results together could go up. But if I was put on the spot I would probably plump for WBA and Watford going up automatically with with Wolves sneaking in through the back door via the playoffs.

Not the thread for this but we really should have beaten them this season, disgrace that we didn't. We'd be 5 points better off if we had, above Tottenham and just one point below West Ham in 10th, and only a couple of wins off Man City.

I'd really like to see Hull come up, and on current form I think they will. If they invest prudely in the summer, then they'd have the best chance of staying up along with West Brom, I would imagine.

On current form, Hull should win that league.

I've seen all of them play first hand this season, and West Brom are by far the best team in that top 6. Watford are very good at what they do (kick the ball long, kick any player in sight) so I'd love for them to miss out.

It's nothing like that at all. It's kick ball long, elbow player whilst in the air, lose header, moan at Ellington.