Deco or Bentley

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good poll, i dont think this poll is an simple as people are making out, its always diffcult to back the signing of an ageing player possibly on the way down, especially against a player on the way up, but for me i think Deco would probably be the most value to the club. Deco is a world class and world reknowned player, he would be a tell tale sign of the direction that this club wants to be.

His value would be felt both on the pitch and also financially, as he wouldin essence pay for himself. For me it comes down to the value Deco has to the club, and i cant think of too many players who wouldnt want to play with  player like Deco.

Deco for me.

Bentley.

Pleased everybody is now saying Bentley would be great, which I said months ago.

Not that I like being right Dave ........ bluelaugh.gif

Obviously Bentley for me.

Agree with sniffers comments about Deco

31 year old foreigner with no experience in the premier league who'd like a fat contract to finish off his days. Given the obligatory year to settle in, if he ever did, and you have a 32 yearold with no pace who'd be the latest in a long line of expensive imports offering very little ROI.

Or a rising star.

Difficult f****** choice.

This and the fact that Deco will need time to adapt to the EPL. He's also very weak.. weak players don't do well here.

Bet Aston Villa don't wish they'd signed Figo, Rivaldo, Beckham or Pires ahead of Ashley Young. Should Liverpool have gone for Torres or Raul? There must be dozens of once great players Man Utd could have signed for a two year fix ahead of Carrick, Nani or Anderson. That's without even mentioning Wenger.

Just saying Deco because "he's better than Bentley" is frighteningly short sighted imo. How good was Deco at 23?

Bet Aston Villa don't wish they'd signed Figo, Rivaldo, Beckham or Pires ahead of Ashley Young. Should Liverpool have gone for Torres or Raul? There must be dozens of once great players Man Utd could have signed for a two year fix ahead of Carrick, Nani or Anderson. That's without even mentioning Wenger.

Just saying Deco because "he's better than Bentley" is frighteningly short sighted imo. How good was Deco at 23?

one additional thing to consider.

If Bentley continues to develop at his current rate, I highly doubt he's staying with us for more than a year. The very fact that he's on the move out of Blackburn this year shows he's not much for loyalty and when Man U and Liverpool come knocking after he's lead us back to Intertoto glory, he's not going to hesitate.

People turn their nose up at Deco because he's not a "long-term solution," well, unles Bentley suddenly regresses into mediocrity, I don't think he is either.

If Bentley continues to develop at his current rate, I highly doubt he's staying with us for more than a year. The very fact that he's on the move out of Blackburn this year shows he's not much for loyalty and when Man U and Liverpool come knocking after he's lead us back to Intertoto glory, he's not going to hesitate.

People turn their nose up at Deco because he's not a "long-term solution," well, unles Bentley suddenly regresses into mediocrity, I don't think he is either.

At least we'd get dough for Bentley instead of flogging him to the glue factory for pennies.

exactly. Nailed on. How many people saying this were up in arms about "trophy signings" under the previous regime ?

YOu can't do better than buying quality footballers on their way up.

Now, I disagree with this completely. Don't undersell Newcastle. Would Les Ferdinand or Rob Lee for example have moved on from Newcastle when they were here ?

This is the club as how it should be and what Keegan certainly will demand and expect.

I would be massively disappointed if we signed a player such as Bentley and he then wanted to move to Liverpool.

You must - going by your username - remember when Pop Robson thought moving to West Ham was a step up ? And Gazza and Waddle went to Spurs ? And whats more, sadly, at the time, they were making a step up.

Were you wanting us to sign Kevin Gallen instead of Ferdinand?