Anelka or Martins?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Martins, Anelka is bad news, despite how big sam is perceived with these kind of players, i think he is still a player who is a problem!

How is Martins bad news?Not his fault people wanna shoot him!

:idiot2:

Still didnt answer my question hows Martins bad news?

Read his post s l o w l y.

owen is constantly on the search for that edge,sniffing for a chance of getting a shot off, martins isnt he is poor when he is running off the ball and seems to lack reading of the game as its happening.

Martins is thick. But can be taught and will be if someone is given the chance,

owen is constantly on the search for that edge,sniffing for a chance of getting a shot off, martins isnt he is poor when he is running off the ball and seems to lack reading of the game as its happening.

just inexperienced... just give him time

Martins, Anelka is bad news, despite how big sam is perceived with these kind of players, i think he is still a player who is a problem!

How is Martins bad news?Not his fault people wanna shoot him!

:idiot2:

Still didnt answer my question hows Martins bad news?

Read his post s l o w l y.

:lol:

Yeah, think commas.

Common problem for most sports people in this day and age.

Players like wor Jackie might not of been over educated but having to do something other than playing sport all their life meant they actually had to use their minds instead of just listening to their manager/club/agent/hangers on for every instruction/thought/action.

Martins anyday. Martins has great pace, is only 22, a great attitude, fitness record and a great work ethic. Martins is more likely to create something out of the two. He scored 17 goals for us last season after a poor start and then looked great, he'll score alot more this season even by playing this deeper role if he gets the games. I wouldn't mind Anelka aswell but given the choice its Martins every which way i look at it.

Anelka needs creativity around him just as Owen and Viduka do. Martins is clearly the better player as he creates for others/himself and scores great goals, tap ins headers, he has two great feet and is lightning fast. he's probably been our best player so far why would people want rid?  

Sorry but that's utter cobblers.

Your entitled to your opinion. Not my fault if your wrong  :coolsmiley:

Martins anyday. Martins has great pace, is only 22, a great attitude, fitness record and a great work ethic. Martins is more likely to create something out of the two. He scored 17 goals for us last season after a poor start and then looked great, he'll score alot more this season even by playing this deeper role if he gets the games. I wouldn't mind Anelka aswell but given the choice its Martins every which way i look at it.

Anelka needs creativity around him just as Owen and Viduka do. Martins is clearly the better player as he creates for others/himself and scores great goals, tap ins headers, he has two great feet and is lightning fast. he's probably been our best player so far why would people want rid?  

Sorry but that's utter cobblers.

Your entitled to your opinion. Not my fault if your wrong  :coolsmiley:

You think Viduka had creativity around him last season?

Please don't pretend Viduka is a great player who's goign to get loads of goals for us, for fucks sake.

Guest mugcheese

Accidentley removed that post but I'm not pretending anything, I was just arguing that I don't think Viduka needs creativity around him to score goals as I don't think he relies on that.

Accidentley removed that post but I'm not pretending anything, I was just arguing that I don't think Viduka needs creativity around him to score goals as I don't think he relies on that.

Did confuse me reading Monkeys post as to where yours went.

Been very disapointed with Viduka so far, i thought that when Owen came on v Villa he should have replaced Viduka not Martins. Shola looked far more of a threat in his 10 mins than Viduka in his 80.

IMO Viduka and owen are the type that need creativity around them, however for a big guy Viduka has been completely physically dominated in both matches so far and is looking far from promising as he's hardly had a sniff at goal. OK This could change obviously as its still very early days but so far its a bit worrying.

his goalscoring record is not great overe the years, maybe because he doe sneed more creativity? I don't think he's good enough to do it by himself.

Guest mugcheese

I wasn't really interested in arguing his ability as I'm undecided on what he will bring to Newcastle but his English record is 85 in 202, you honestly don't think this is a good return considering some of the teams he's had to play in?

I wasn't really interested in arguing his ability as I'm undecided on what he will bring to Newcastle but his Premiership record is 85 in 202, you honestly don't think this is a good return considering some of the teams he's had to play in?

its not a bad return.

As for whathe offers to us, not a lot, as far as i can see. He was never  a great signing fo rus anyway as far as i'm concerned, and seemed to be more of a sign of our continuing presence as an average-sized, average club signing average players at the time.

He scored about 1 in 3 at Boro, i think, which is not great, but had a better ration at Dirty Leeds. At his age, i don't expect him to improve, or do a lot for us.

Guest mugcheese

Time will tell I guess, but Allardyce obviously rates him and I think he will be an improvement overall from Sibierski.

If we play the ball to Viduka's feet sometimes he might have half a chance of contributing to the team. Lumping 50 yard balls up to him whilst he's marked by 2 central defenders makes it almost impossible for him to control the ball and get it to a player in a black and white shirt.

If we play the ball to Viduka's feet sometimes he might have half a chance of contributing to the team. Lumping 50 yard balls up to him whilst he's marked by 2 central defenders makes it almost impossible for him to control the ball and get it to a player in a black and white shirt.

we didn't play all long balls, and he was just as ineffective with the ball on the ground.

we didn't play all long balls, and he was just as ineffective with the ball on the ground.

Bet you wouldn't be saying that if smudger had actually put his chance away or if Oba1kenobi was smart enough to break forward when the ball is played to him.

Time will tell I guess, but Allardyce obviously rates him and I think he will be an improvement overall from Sibierski.

Although he is the most suited to the new system, he is the least likeliest to score of our main line strikers.

Basically Owen isn't mobile enough and Martins isn't clever/attentive enough to play in the 433.

Get Anelka in.

Guest mugcheese

Are people forgetting about Duff? I wouldn't blame them but he would fit into our current system perfectly in my opinion, he played his best football at Chelsea in a similar system.

Bet you wouldn't be saying that if smudger had actually put his chance away or if Oba1kenobi was smart enough to break forward when the ball is played to him.

Why would either of those things have changed my opinion on Viduka's lack of ability as shown last weekend?

Guest mugcheese

Are people forgetting about Duff? I wouldn't blame them but he would fit into our current system perfectly in my opinion, he played his best football at Chelsea in a similar system.

based on his performances for us, probably best to.

I'm not having a go, but do you see anything positive in relation to our playing squad atm?