Anelka or Martins?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anelka is the better player at this point, but i'd rather just keep Martins.

I realise that doesn't really make sense.

I think we can read into a bit: attitude, age, the faff of the two transfers actually being done in the next 10 days, the fact Martins has just committed his future to us, that Anelka might not even want to come...

We understand :thup:

Anelka is the considerably better player. Martins is younger, faster, and has more raw ability than Anelka, but is also a poor footballer in the way he plays the game and uses his attributes.

Definately Anelka at this point in time, although it would be great if we could sign one and keep the other.

Guest Knightrider

Anelka is the better player without question but I don't think he'd bring anything different to the club in terms of goals and assists so he'd be a pointless swap in that cold hard way of looking at the two, especially when you factor in his age, how much he'd cost, his iffy attitude and the fact that his game will only decrease and not get better.

Im a fan of both....so would like to sign Anelka and keep Martins!Would rather sell Ameobi and Owen to be honest but then again whose going to sign them at the mo!

West Ham.

£30mil for Owen and £10mil for Ameobi possible with the egg head!

Anelka is a far better player than Martins will ever be.

He's got the lot imo. First touch, vision, control, can run onto a through-ball, can bring others into play and can finish. Martins is raw and he'll get better with good coaching but I'd rather have the finished article,  thanks. Martins is good, Anelka is better.

Martins, Anelka is bad news, despite how big sam is perceived with these kind of players, i think he is still a player who is a problem!

How is Martins bad news?Not his fault people wanna shoot him!

:idiot2:

Martins, Anelka is bad news, despite how big sam is perceived with these kind of players, i think he is still a player who is a problem!

:lol:

thing about anelka is he knows how to hurt a team with his assets e.g pace getting in behind/sniffing a chance, martins seems to stand still waiting for something to happen infront of him, if not he will receive the ball drag everything to a standstill and then try some close control that will instantly result in having the ball took off him. if someone can drum into him the runs that owen makes he would be awesome until then i would swap him for anelka in a heartbeat.  martins has such raw ability its untrue but he just stands and watches, unless he learns how to move when the ball isnt at his feet he will never make the main grade as the main striker.

i've never seen a player with such raw pace play infront off the back four, you watch the game he seems to refuse to attempt to get inbehind the fullback, look at his goals when has he raced away behind back four and slotted home?a couple?

thing about owen is that, can you see martins steal into the near post ala west brom,blackburn etc.... that owen has in his career? answer no he will have his hands on his hips throwing a bitch fit on the edge of the box when he miss controls etc..., Martins is explosive and a player i would love to see develop at the toon but 13m is way too much for his abillties at the present time and if anelka is going for 12m as is reported thats a 1m profit.

Still didnt answer my question hows Martins bad news?