Bad news...?

Dave

So many players to get rid of.

I know he wants for big players, but he needs to replace so many and add the numbers up.

Replacements for Shola, Cacapa, Rozy, Carr, another LB, Butt, Duff, Smith are all needed imo.

Then we need four big players on top of that.

(Butt btw we need a young lad who mirrors his play that can bed in for possibly a years time when Butts contract runs out)

I think he'll add about 4 or 5 and keep the rest as squad players. That would be an improvement and would keep a bit of stability. I don't think we need another summer with loads going out and loads coming in really.

I'm torn tbh. There is so much crap it needs to go, yet doing so and replacing them is going to be a hard task, but for some slight turbulence initially, it would be the best thing long term.

I mean who would ever want to see Carr or Smith back on the pitch for this club? Duff, Shola, Emre, Ramage wouldn't really be missed, why not get them off the books and replace them with players KK sees as his and what he wants.

Just not really sure what would be best.

They'll be back in as soon as we are mathematically safe, in order to boost their transfer values for the summer.

The money brought in will purchase us Henry, Ronaldinho and Deco.

Very key roles indeed.

Bringing them on will do more harm in terms of value than good :lol:

I know he wants for big players, but he needs to replace so many and add the numbers up.

Replacements for Shola, Cacapa, Rozy, Carr, another LB, Butt, Duff, Smith are all needed imo.

(Butt btw we need a young lad who mirrors his play that can bed in for possibly a years time when Butts contract runs out)

I think he'll add about 4 or 5 and keep the rest as squad players. That would be an improvement and would keep a bit of stability. I don't think we need another summer with loads going out and loads coming in really.

I'm torn tbh. There is so much crap it needs to go, yet doing so and replacing them is going to be a hard task, but for some slight turbulence initially, it would be the best thing long term.

I mean who would ever want to see Carr or Smith back on the pitch for this club? Duff, Shola, Emre, Ramage wouldn't really be missed, why not get them off the books and replace them with players KK sees as his and what he wants.

You can only really persuade first teamers to come to the club though.

It's hard to persuade a player to come to this club if they know they'll be a bit-squad player, runner-up to whoever is out there on the pitch.

Well, I think some are out of contract anyway and they won't be getting them renewed I wouldn't have thought (Carr, Ramage?). The others - fine if we get an offer, but I don't think we need unnecessary upheaval, that's all. Plus, the squad is quite small anyway imo.

It's hard to persuade a player to come to this club if they know they'll be a bit-squad player, runner-up to whoever is out there on the pitch.

Exactly. So if the decks are cleared they've got a good chance, or am i missing your point?

Exactly. So if the decks are cleared they've got a good chance, or am i missing your point?

I think I'm missing yours. My head hurts :lol:

See what he says once the season ends and the transfer window opens, no point in putting players down with 5 games to go and he may need them.

I think this is pretty much spot on really. I honestly don't think Keegan is daft enough not to realise that the reason for our success, is largely because we've chucked these wasters out the team. He needs to keep them sweet incase he needs them.

Saying that, i still think Smith will be here next season. Duff probably, too. Mainly because I can't see anyone buying him... and Smith is obviously a bit of a favourite around the place, even though he's not in the team atm. Zoggy probably will, but on his own accord, rather than Keegan's.

I'm not saying he necassarily rates them particularly highly, but i just can't see Keegan being so ruthless this time round (in terms of getting rid); what with the transfer window being so much more tricky and water-tight.

Why would Keegan change things around when we've won 3 games on the trot? I see this as more of a morale booster than anything - shower them with praise and maybe it'll soften the blow of bench-warming a tad.

I hope Milner stays on for next season though - he's versatile and would make a good squad player. Duff and Smith can fuck off mind.

Guest Stephen927

He's just keeping their chins up incase of injuries to the current first 11.

I think he'd shift Smith on if he could, I think he would like to keep Duff, N'Zogbia and Milner.

How long can these positive comments keep working?

Surely there has to come a time when the players see through his comments.

I think you give them too much credit. They want to believe they're mint.

How long can these positive comments keep working?

Surely there has to come a time when the players see through his comments.

Probably when they're transferred.

As for Keegan having a clear out, I don't think he'll actively look to move any contracted player on but if a bid comes in that he thinks is too good to turn down then they will be gone.

Of the four players he's looking to add I think it'll likely be a commanding centre back and three midfielders.

I think Duff can still be attractive to someone and moved.  I tend to like the idea of Milner sharing time with Geremi.  I think he is typical of the players under Allardyce: misused and with shaky confidence and I want to see him given an opportunity under Keegan.  I really want to like Smith; he hustles his ass off, can play a lot of different positions but as someone else said, you could find a younger player to do what he does for a cheaper price.