Senderos Vs Taylor

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not that bad.  Easily as good as Taylor, Faye, etc, but because he's in a far better team, he stands out because he's not as good as those around him.  He's still only 23 too, so it's not like he's reached his peak.

Taylor showed today that he still has a lot to learn, it's going to be a big season for him because the excuse of playing with shite has gone.  He's got the makings of a good player but he's got to get his game together and I hope that he does it.

Taylor man, honestly. Did anyone see just into the second half where he had the chance to control and pass on the edge of his own area but he chose to slide and knock it into touch instead to add some drama?

tosser tbh

Taylor man, honestly. Did anyone see just into the second half where he had the chance to control and pass on the edge of his own area but he chose to slide and knock it into touch instead to add some drama?

tosser tbh

You don't have to sign off every post with your name ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

tosser tbh

He can't win. He gets knocked for overdoing it and knocked for being no nonsense. The penalty and dilly dally moment aside, he put in a flawless display. Very good in the air, no nonsense defending, decent distribution, solid. The actual handball for my money having seen a replay, looks to be accidental. He saved a goal bound shot as he did several times during the game. I want to see that from a defender.

If that becomes his game, no nonsense, he will commit fewer mistakes over the course of a campaign and with it become more consistent. He isn't going to be a world beater and never was, all I want is a consistent solid performer which since KK took over, he has been.

Of course he's made mistakes, but all players do. Martins made one today when he missed his header, Owen did as well missing an easy header. The key is making sure those mistakes don't cost you.

tosser tbh

He can't win. He gets knocked for overdoing it and knocked for being no nonsense. The penalty and dilly dally moment aside, he put in a flawless display. Very good in the air, no nonsense defending, decent distribution, solid. The actual handball for my money having seen a replay, looks to be accidental. He saved a goal bound shot as he did several times during the game. I want to see that from a defender.

If that becomes his game, no nonsense, he will commit fewer mistakes over the course of a campaign and with it become more consistent. He isn't going to be a world beater and never was, all I want is a consistent solid performer which since KK took over, he has been.

Of course he's made mistakes, but all players do. Martins made one today when he missed his header, Owen did as well missing an easy header. The key is making sure those mistakes don't cost you.

:clap:

I've seen the replay, and it is a good thing the game was brought back for the first handball, as the second was a red card offence.

Handballs have become a part of his game and he needs to cut out on them. No doubt referees now have his card marked when it comes to handballs, as he's duped a fair few.

tosser tbh

flawless my arse, those two incidents were no small incidents, they were examples of grade A pathetic defending. His positioning a good few times, a very poor header in injury time and the dramatic moment I mentioned are other examples.

Credit where it's due, he was very good last sunday and I was very impressed, but today he had another game he looked a poor, unreliable defender

tosser tbh

Don't want to judge him without seeing the incident, but he does have a knack of handling the ball in the penalty area, I'm pretty certain he's done it at least twice before. That said, he had a decent game last week, but I can remember saying similar stuff about Bramble.

Guest Howaythetoon

tosser tbh

flawless my arse, those two incidents were no small incidents, they were examples of grade A pathetic defending. His positioning a good few times, a very poor header in injury time and the dramatic moment I mentioned are other examples.

Credit where it's due, he was very good last sunday and I was very impressed, but today he had another game he looked a poor, unreliable defender

Yet Collocini looked class last week according to you, despite giving away needless fouls close to our box and looking decidedly shaky at the start? Lets face it you have a hard on for Taylor for some reason and can't seem to analyse anything he does without your obvious negative bias effecting your thoughts. He was flawless today outside of those two moments, near enough anyway if we are to accept that all footballers regardless of position and quality make mistakes or don't always do something expertly 100% of the time all the time which is the high standards you and other critics use as a guide in judging Taylor and other players who seem to get stick.

The first hand ball was ball hitting hand, the second, the one that resulted in a penalty was unfortunate, it wasn't ball hitting hand or even hand hitting ball, just a defender desperately trying to block a goalbound shot in the space of milliseconds, which is what he gets paid to do, shut out the opposition by hook or by crook. When Terry does it he's great, when Taylor does it he's showing off, trying to be macho man, playing to the crowd. Fuck off man. This is getting ridiculous the stick he gets.

Anyway for me the handball was accidental and unfortunate. The only outstanding piece of poor play outside of that moment was when he got dispossessed. That needs cut out I agree and it does him no favours, but I'm trying or would rather look at the full picture and assessing his performance today I'd say 90% of it was positive and has been since KK took over.

That'll do for me because I'm pretty confident no player can be 100% perfect in every single way in any match never mind every match.

Guest Howaythetoon

tosser tbh

Don't want to judge him without seeing the incident, but he does have a knack of handling the ball in the penalty area.

So do Terry and Carragher and that's because like Taylor, they throw themselves at the ball a lot and that's not because they are uber brave or uber heroes, but because certain situations demand certain actions. Taylor was applauded by the whole ground several times this afternoon for throwing himself at the ball to make vital and successful blocks. He got caught out and while it has happened a few times now, but I'd like to think he's blocked more goalbound shots and therefore potential goals against than he's handled, and by some margin. Again he can't seem to win, if he throws himself at the ball he's trying to be the hero (again) and risking a penalty, yet if he didn't, he'd be screamed at by thousands or called a fanny. Today was just unfortunate.

tosser tbh

Yet Collocini looked class last week according to you, despite giving away needless fouls close to our box and looking decidedly shaky at the start? Lets face it you have a hard on for Taylor for some reason and can't seem to analyse anything he does without your obvious negative bias effecting your thoughts. He was flawless today outside of those two moments, near enough anyway if we are to accept that all footballers regardless of position and quality make mistakes or don't always do something expertly 100% of the time all the time which is the high standards you and other critics use as a guide in judging Taylor and other players who seem to get stick.

The first hand ball was ball hitting hand, the second, the one that resulted in a penalty was unfortunate, it wasn't ball hitting hand or even hand hitting ball, just a defender desperately trying to block a goalbound shot in the space of milliseconds, which is what he gets paid to do, shut out the opposition by hook or by crook. When Terry does it he's great, when Taylor does it he's showing off, trying to be macho man, playing to the crowd. f*** off man. This is getting ridiculous the stick he gets.

Anyway for me the handball was accidental and unfortunate. The only outstanding piece of poor play outside of that moment was when he got dispossessed. That needs cut out I agree and it does him no favours, but I'm trying or would rather look at the full picture and assessing his performance today I'd say 90% of it was positive and has been since KK took over.

That'll do for me because I'm pretty confident no player can be 100% perfect in every single way in any match never mind every match.

I didn't say Coloccini was 'class' last week. I said he looked classy, big difference tbh

I don't have it in for Taylor, in fact I spent a good while defending him in last week's game thread tbh. I'd love him to turn out a good solid defender, I really would, but time and time again he looks vulnerable when he shouldn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

tosser tbh

The first hand ball was ball hitting hand, the second, the one that resulted in a penalty was unfortunate, it wasn't ball hitting hand or even hand hitting ball, just a defender desperately trying to block a goalbound shot in the space of milliseconds, which is what he gets paid to do, shut out the opposition by hook or by crook. When Terry does it he's great, when Taylor does it he's showing off, trying to be macho man, playing to the crowd. f*** off man. This is getting ridiculous the stick he gets.

I didn't say Coloccini was 'class' last week. I said he looked classy, big difference tbh

I don't have it in for Taylor, in fact I spent a good while defending him in last week's game thread tbh. I'd love him to turn out a good solid defender, I really would, but time and time again he looks vulnerable when he shouldn't.

He never looked vulnerable to me today, he looked the opposite save a few mad minutes which to be fair could have happened to any player.

tosser tbh

Don't want to judge him without seeing the incident, but he does have a knack of handling the ball in the penalty area.

So do Terry and Carragher and that's because like Taylor, they throw themselves at the ball a lot and that's not because they are uber brave or uber heroes, but because certain situations demand certain actions. Taylor was applauded by the whole ground several times this afternoon for throwing himself at the ball to make vital and successful blocks. He got caught out and while it has happened a few times now, but I'd like to think he's blocked more goalbound shots and therefore potential goals against than he's handled, and by some margin. Again he can't seem to win, if he throws himself at the ball he's trying to be the hero (again) and risking a penalty, yet if he didn't, he'd be screamed at by thousands or called a fanny. Today was just unfortunate.

I've seen Taylor throwing himself in front of the ball and he's done it to good effect a lot. Sometimes he's been standing alongside the keeper on the line trying to save it with his body, when he might have been better marking an attacker instead. Whether he's justified in giving so many handballs in the penalty area I doubt. Terry and Carragher can't play his football for him, although that would be nice.

Guest Howaythetoon

tosser tbh

I've seen Taylor throwing himself in front of the ball and he's done it to good effect a lot. Sometimes he's been standing alongside the keeper on the line trying to save it with his body, when he might have been better marking an attacker instead. Whether he's justified in giving so many handballs in the penalty area I doubt. Terry and Carragher can't play his football for him, although that would be nice.

So many? That's stretching it a bit, although one is too many, but howay, its not like he handles the ball every game or gives a penalty away every game.

tosser tbh

So many? That's stretching it a bit, although one is too many, but howay, its not like he handles the ball every game or gives a penalty away every game.

I can think of at least three in barely over a season. Relatively speaking that's quite a few.

Guest Howaythetoon

tosser tbh

I can think of at least three in barely over a season. Relatively speaking that's quite a few.

Would that have been a season where defensively, we were all over the shop? I say that because in the last few seasons our defending has been pretty desperate at times and Taylor hasn't been alone in giving away hand balls, penalties and needless fouls, much less costly goals.