Real Madrid apparently make £100 million bid for Ronaldo

Decky

Spanish reports claim Real Madrid have decided to offer Manchester United a world-record £100million for Cristiano Ronaldo.

It is believed Real told United last summer they would pay up to 120million euros for the Portuguese star.

The Red Devils made it quite clear they had no plans to sell Ronaldo - but the wonderful form of player, which has seen him score nearly 40 goals this season, will prompt a new bid.

Real have made little secret of their desire to lure Ronaldo to the Spanish capital and now La Sexta is claiming that an incredible £100million bid is imminent.

La Sexta - who have the rights to La Liga television coverage in Spain, are said to have close ties with high-ranking Real officials, from where the news on the possible bid have emanated.

However, it is also being reported that despite the huge bid, Real are not expecting United to accept the deal.

The current world record for a footballer is already held by Real, after they £46million to Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Recent speculation intensified after it was reported in Spain that Real's sporting director Predrag Mijatovic met with Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes in London and Rome in recent weeks.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_3404583,00.html

Snap their hands off, yes it is Ronaldo, but fuck me, £100million.

People say he cant be replaced, but cant he? Say they sold him, if they bought 3 players, say a forward and 2 midfielders, all valued at over £30mill each. Wouldnt that make them stronger as a team than they are now?

Guest LucaAltieri

no reason to sell. they dont need to money and they wont get a better replacement.

I disagree, the money is always useful.

No player is worth £100m, not even Ronaldo. One bad tackle and it could be curtains.

Spending a further £50m on the youth set up and recruitment and using the other £50m on a giant piss up would produce just as much, if not more, sucess than Ronaldo alone can potentially generate.

If a player changes hands for a £100m fee, the world has gone officially mental.

Makes you think dunnit, just how many top 10 Prem clubs are worth under that, even sides in Europe worth less than just one player, its madness.

Guest The Libertine

no reason to sell. they dont need to money and they wont get a better replacement.

No player is worth £100m, not even Ronaldo. One bad tackle and it could be curtains.

Spending a further £50m on the youth set up and recruitment and using the other £50m on a giant piss up would produce just as much, if not more, sucess than Ronaldo alone can potentially generate.

on the other hand, he could get 25+ goals a season for the next 10 years.

Guest LucaAltieri

Right. So you weigh up the odds. Which is more likely? Alternatively you can avoid the gamble and get a £100m in your hand.

I know which route I'd go.

People say he cant be replaced, but cant he? Say they sold him, if they bought 3 players, say a forward and 2 midfielders, all valued at over £30mill each. Wouldnt that make them stronger as a team than they are now?

But then thats 3 payers replacing the input of one player in a squad, how is those 3 players gonna be accomadated to put in he exact sae input as Ronaldo would?

Guest The Libertine

Right. So you weigh up the odds. Which is more likely? Alternatively you can avoid the gamble and get a £100m in your hand.

odds-wise, far more players retire through old age rather than injury. if you're taking the money based on this career ending tackle then you'll be losing the best player in the world on nothing more than a small possibility.

Your saying the chance of one career threatening tackle is more likely than him getting a hatful of goals and assists for the next say 6-7 years, even thought he's been notably improving for te past 4 years?

Id only sell if i knew Messi would come her for cheaper, he's the only player id consider on the same level as Ronaldo.

but, surely ronaldos contribution this season (27 PL goals, and the rest) cant be replaced by anyone. not to mention shirt sales etc. im not sure £100m would be worth it. £100million for 27 pl goals a season, and the rest for at least 10 years.