Moments that took your breath away *DO NOT POST YOUTUBE CLIPS*

Mowen

It was a fabulous strike like. My Dad was just in the process of saying "What's he doing? Having a shot from there" then wallop! :lol:

It was a fabulous strike like. My Dad was just in the process of saying "What's he doing? Having a shot from there" then wallop! :lol:

Moments like bellamys etc were just full of jubilation, however, that strike came from nowhere, he was closer to our goal than theres IIRC. :snod:

Moments like bellamys etc were just full of jubilation, however, that strike came from nowhere, he was closer to our goal than theres IIRC. :snod:

Was he fuck man. It was about 20 yards out. :lol:

Was he f*** man. It was about 20 yards out. :lol:

nee way, I measure it man.

Martins goal v Spurs away last season? I'll bet you anything you like it's nearer 20 yards than 30 yards. It was practically the edge of the box man, albeit he was forced a bit wide. It was the angle that made it amazing more than the distance.

Martins goal v Spurs away last season? I'll bet you anything you like it's nearer 20 yards than 30 yards. It was practically the edge of the box man, albeit he was forced a bit wide. It was the angle that made it amazing more than the distance.

Its all irrelavant when your breaths been taken away.

Its all irrelavant when your breaths been taken away.

:lol:

Theo's run

Owen's goal against the Argies

Henry's goal against Liverpool at Highbury (4-2, he got a hat-trick iirc)

Shevchenko's goal against Juve (1-0 victory ages ago)

Gerrard against West Ham in the last minute

Letchkov against the Germans in '94

Lots more actually - it's why I love football so much :D

Guest East Stander

Shearer's free kick against Spuds in the semi. Especially heartwarming to remember since it was 9 years ago today!

Shearer's free kick against Spuds in the semi. Especially heartwarming to remember since it was 9 years ago today!

Free-Kick?

I thought it was a lay-off and he just whacked it in the top corner. Amazing goal though. :)

Guest nufc 4 life

owens run against the Argentians is a memory that stuck in my mind... us beating Germany 5-1 and ronaldinho's freekick are ones that spring to mind

Sir Dennis Bergkamp v Nik the Greek at SJP

Yes - absolutely sublime skill and done in an instant - also agree about Pele's dummy against Uruguay, and there was also his shot from inside his own half, also in the 70 WC, against the Czechs when he spotted the keeper off his line...

Pedro scoring against Norwich, possibly in the 94-95 season I think. It was a beautiful day and Kitson missed a couple of sitters. Rob Lee played very well.

I think it was the second half and we were shooting towards the Leazes, but can't be sure as can't remember which corner I was in. Anyway... Beardsley picks the ball up on the right touchline, maybe 35 yards from the byeline... I swear he was the only person in the whole ground who even thought it was a shooting oportunity. I for one was 100% expecting a cross. Maybe I was just slow - never been the sharpest tool in the box you see. Whatever, Pedro has spotted the keeper inching off his line, expecting what the 36000 other people present at the scene were expecting (I think). He then proceeds to lash it into the top corner at the near post, and I vividly remember being struck by silence for a split second, my breath literally taken away, before celebrating as normal.

Typical Beardsley - vision, opportunism, and excellence of excecution. It was a special moment and I'll never forget it.

Yes, this was also a classic - anyone remember Supermac's goal against Leicester in the first home game of 75-76? A great move involving Bruce, Nattrass and Mickey Burns jumping over the ball as Macdonald hit it, just inside the Leicester half after we had broken out from their corner kick..

He hit it, on the run, with his famous left foot and it screamed past their keeper into the top corner - he was still diving when it was in the back of the net..

Unfortunately, no TV coverage that day - it would have been one of the goals of all time and certainly goal of the season. I've never seen a shot hit so hard, even Shearer's goal against Everton wasn't as fast.

Free-Kick?

I thought it was a lay-off and he just whacked it in the top corner. Amazing goal though. :)

Maric layed it off iirc.

Free-Kick?

Maric layed it off iirc.

Correct!