Moments that took your breath away *DO NOT POST YOUTUBE CLIPS*

Mowen

For me, unless its a moment involving Newcastle (and to a much lesser extent England), moments dont really take my breath away or any of that nonsense.

I'd rather see a Toon tap in than watch Messi take on half of Spain before scoring with his chin.

Agree with you mate.

Tino waving his shirt around on the end of the corner flag, that capped one of the most breath taking nights of football for me. 

And anything that involved Beardsley, the little shimmy he used to do, the little dance. magic.

Didn't really take my breath away but was fucking great...... Steven Taylor hobbling on to stick away a penalty against Holland in the u21 championships when he could hardly walk, and after putting in a man of the match performance. 

Gazza versus Scotland.

The proudest moment ever for me while following England.

First thing that came to my mind too, that followed up with Owen's dazzling run and goal against the Argies. Then their seemed to be a lot of simultaneous images of Bergkamp scoring against us.

Scott Parker injuring Jimmy Bullard.  I had a really good view of it sitting in the Milburn.  As soon as Parker caught him, and Bullard went down it looked bad.  That was probably the first time I'd witnessed a nasty injury whilst being at a live match (I had a good view of Wayne Bridge breaking his ankle, but that didn't look as bad).

Obviously didn't take my breath away in the spectacular sense,  I was just quite shocked.

Guest Toepoke

Although it was infuriating, Wayne Rooney's volley against us at Old Trafford was a little bit special as well.

Dare i say goals like that you don't mind conceeding. Absolutely nowt we could do about that, yet some on here believe we should have dealt with the second ball.

Aye have to agree I was just staggered it was one of the most stunning strikes I have ever seen, I also knew we were going to lose that game when it went in which was infuriating after Ambrose had scored a lovely goal.

Most recently though has to be James McFadden v France just standing in the pub then whoosh the place goes crazy couldn't belive it.

Gazza versus Scotland.

The proudest moment ever for me while following England.

I was 6 in the Scotland end at that game.  I cried (seriously)

Shearer v Sunderland.  Possibly the most nervous i've ever been when he stepped up, and having equalised a minute earlier it was 2 minutes of pure joy, followed 4 mins later by more!

Nobby in the last minute against Leeds to put us top, Dabizas v Sunderland and even though i wasn't there (damnit) Bellamy v Feyernord.

Medieta's 100mph volley from a corner from about 30 yards out... playing for Valencia against Barcelona i think, there was a guy on the line and it went above him, mind you would have taken his head off if he made contact

Guest jackson

Peter Beardsley vs Brighton in 1984. Sliding tackle from behind, then stood up and chipped Joe Corrigan from 25 yards. Also the one against Portsmouth that Fatcol posted earlier, seemed to beat about four players on the line without even touching the ball.

Shearer against Villa

Shearer against Everton

Shearer against Chelsea

Shearer against Man Citeh

I also attach Sky commentary to really amazing moments as well, so goals like Tony Adams v. Everton to win the league, Yeboah v. Wimbeldon, Sheringham v. Liverpool, Bradford beating Liverpool, West Brom's goal against Arsenal a few seasons ago.  I'm also very found for some reason of Norwich's win over ManUtd a few seasons ago when they were in the prem.

Never understood the bumming of zidane's goal in the final like. Decent strike but world class? Nah.

:lol:

:lol: indeed.  That goal was slightly better than decent.

Bet you there's 2 or 3 better goals scored every month in the Premiership, at least. Yeah it's a great goal but because it was the final and because it was Zidane, it's made to be better than it was. I mean look at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/1990830.stm

Greatest ever goal in Europe? Was it bollocks.

Because it was Zidane, you know that he meant exactly what he did.  He wasn't just swinging his foot at it (his weaker foot too, mind).  That's why there's always more credit when someone like Steven Gerrard scores a good goal than when someone in the lower leagues scores a good goal.

Because it was the final, the pressure was so much higher.  The truly great goals are scored when it matters because of the added pressure.

It was a World class goal scored by a World class player in my opinion.

Never understood the bumming of zidane's goal in the final like. Decent strike but world class? Nah.

:lol:

:lol: indeed.  That goal was slightly better than decent.

Bet you there's 2 or 3 better goals scored every month in the Premiership, at least. Yeah it's a great goal but because it was the final and because it was Zidane, it's made to be better than it was. I mean look at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/1990830.stm

Greatest ever goal in Europe? Was it bollocks.

???

What are these 2 or 3 goals every month? I can't recall one Premier League goal in the last couple of seasons i would rank above Zidane's. A technically perfect volley from the edge of the area, on his weaker foot, with the ball coming from that height and no poor defending or goalkeeping involved.

I'm not sure why the fact it was in the biggest club game in the sport should be dismissed either.

Medieta's 100mph volley from a corner from about 30 yards out... playing for Valencia against Barcelona i think, there was a guy on the line and it went above him, mind you would have taken his head off if he made contact

Aye that was some goal.

Guest mr quimbys beard

Matthew Letissiers 2 goals against us at their place a few years ago when he chipped it past 2 players and side footed it in the net, brilliant, and the 5-0 manure game.

When I copped a ball in the b******s for the second time directly after contesting the bounce up from the stoppage for treatment for copping the ball there the first time.

This was in a Sunday league game a few years ago. Enough to take anyones breath away I can assure you.

Rivaldo's overhead kick from outside the box for Barca to beat Valencia 3-2 with pretty much the last kick of the game in a match they absolutely had to win. Truly amazing.

This one will sound a bit dubious, but Messi's debut for Barca at age 16. Came on as a sub and scored the most brilliant of cheeky little lobs, just felt that you were seeing a talent that was a little bit special.