Moments that took your breath away *DO NOT POST YOUTUBE CLIPS*

Mowen

What's really taken your breath away in football? Something so out of the blue, so brilliant, and so outrageous you just couldn't believe it? It doesn't even have to be a goal, it just has to have that certain je ne sais quoi, an element of surprise.

The first two that spring to mind for me are both Brazilian moments of genius. The first I didn't see live, Pele's dummy round the keeper was, even though it didn't result in a goal, one of the best pieces of play I've ever seen. Even when I watched it the second, third and fourth time I expected him to touch the ball :lol:

The other one I can think of instantly is Ronaldinho's goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 2005. The way he conjured something out of completely nothing with such sheer audacity was remarkable.

Albert is a good shout. I wouldn't agree with the Bellamy goal though. It was crucial and exciting and important, massively so, and I celebrated it like no other goal, but it was hardly a moment of beautiful football that took me by surprise.

Shearer's volley v Everton. I had an absolutely perfect view of the trajectory of the ball from the NE Corner. It was a goal from the moment he struck it.

Ronaldo's run when he was at Barca, went through defenders like a knife through butter. Also Ronaldo's moving the ball around with one foot while playing for Inter. George Weah taking the ball from his own box while playing for AC Milan, running the length of the pitch and scoring.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7487/messigf9.jpg

Only Kaka can currently match the talent this boy has with a ball at his feet.

Kaka doesn't match Messi's talent with the ball at his feet.

In fact nobody does

Gerrard's FA Cup final goal against West Ham was unbelievable. He could barely walk, they were 3-2 down in injury time and out of nowhere he hammered in the perfect shot from about 35 yards out.

Guest float one in

Pedro scoring against Norwich, possibly in the 94-95 season I think. It was a beautiful day and Kitson missed a couple of sitters. Rob Lee played very well.

I think it was the second half and we were shooting towards the Leazes, but can't be sure as can't remember which corner I was in. Anyway... Beardsley picks the ball up on the right touchline, maybe 35 yards from the byeline... I swear he was the only person in the whole ground who even thought it was a shooting oportunity. I for one was 100% expecting a cross. Maybe I was just slow - never been the sharpest tool in the box you see. Whatever, Pedro has spotted the keeper inching off his line, expecting what the 36000 other people present at the scene were expecting (I think). He then proceeds to lash it into the top corner at the near post, and I vividly remember being struck by silence for a split second, my breath literally taken away, before celebrating as normal.

Typical Beardsley - vision, opportunism, and excellence of excecution. It was a special moment and I'll never forget it.