Moments that took your breath away *DO NOT POST YOUTUBE CLIPS*

Mowen

Guest Smirky

For me, although most of the previous post have involved breathtaking skills etc, the most unbelievable event I can recall, was back in 1994ish sitting in the pub watching England v Columbia at Wembley when Higuita pulled off that "Scorpion" kick. The whole pub did a double take as we couldnt believe what we had witnessed.

Another one would be the Cantana Kung-Fu kick which we heard about on the radio in the car coming back from a midweek game at SJP

Australia vs Uruguay Penalty Shootout. World Cup Qualfier 2005. The commontators are so passionate, the weight of 30 or so years is lifted as we finally made another world cup finals. Scwarzer makes a cracking save, Viduka typical misses one, and Alosi fires us through!

Rob Lee Header against Chelsea at Wembley.

Probably the best single moment I can think of supporting the Toon. Wembley went mental.

Was my first game at Wembley for a competitive match, my uncle let me have his ticket, i remember jumping onto the guy in front of me having had my shins tore to pieces by the seat in front. I've never been in an atmosphere like that before or since that i can remember and i've been to some amazing games... those that compare would be when we beat Leeds 3-1 after going 1-0 down at SJP, 3-0 v Liverpool and 3-2 Spurs away (not quite like have tens of thousands of Geordies but felt like there was at least that many at the time)

Robert scoring a 35 yarder against Southampton, i think, would be another one that took my breath away...

Guest teepee

shearers first timers against villa and everton - what a player he was

more recently martins strike against spurs last season

but that's just for us...

Guest f***thepress

Eders chip against the jocks 1982

Steve Watsons chip against David James - league cup

Alberts chip against Man u

erm ...some sort of pattern here...

For me, although most of the previous post have involved breathtaking skills etc, the most unbelievable event I can recall, was back in 1994ish sitting in the pub watching England v Columbia at Wembley when Higuita pulled off that "Scorpion" kick. The whole pub did a double take as we couldnt believe what we had witnessed.

Another one would be the Cantana Kung-Fu kick which we heard about on the radio in the car coming back from a midweek game at SJP

Both made more amazing by the fact that not long before Higuitas save highly fancied Columbia had been the first team knocked out of the previous World cup and an irate fan had shot dead the unfortunate  full back Escobar responsible for an own goal in the tournament. I would have been too scared to pull off a stunt like that kick.

Then Cantona, instead of being shown the door was made footballer of the year!! unbelievable!

Both made more amazing by the fact that not long before Higuitas save highly fancied Columbia had been the first team knocked out of the previous World cup and an irate fan had shot dead the unfortunate  full back Escobar responsible for an own goal in the tournament. I would have been too scared to pull off a stunt like that kick.

Then Cantona, instead of being shown the door was made footballer of the year!! unbelievable!

I think Higuita saw the flag go up for offside. Plus, it was just a friendly. Class all the same. Also, I might be wrong but I think Higuita didn't play in '94 due to being inside :lol:

Rob Lee from his own half against Brentford.

Ruled out for offside but I held my breath from the second it left his foot.

Same with Martins volley against Liverpool that hit the bar this season. Even though it didn't go in, you sure as hell held your breath.

Aye, I was there that day. The keeper was a young Mark Wallington, who went on to play for them for years. Supermac's comments in the paper the next day "The keeper showed his inexperience by even attempting to go for that"  ;D

:lol:

That sounds like Supermac alright  :lol:

for all the wrong reasons, bowyer and dyers fight

This.

I can't remember ever been so stunned at a football match. Probably the first time my love of football started to disintegrate.

Pedro scoring against Norwich, possibly in the 94-95 season I think. It was a beautiful day and Kitson missed a couple of sitters. Rob Lee played very well.

I think it was the second half and we were shooting towards the Leazes, but can't be sure as can't remember which corner I was in. Anyway... Beardsley picks the ball up on the right touchline, maybe 35 yards from the byeline... I swear he was the only person in the whole ground who even thought it was a shooting oportunity. I for one was 100% expecting a cross. Maybe I was just slow - never been the sharpest tool in the box you see. Whatever, Pedro has spotted the keeper inching off his line, expecting what the 36000 other people present at the scene were expecting (I think). He then proceeds to lash it into the top corner at the near post, and I vividly remember being struck by silence for a split second, my breath literally taken away, before celebrating as normal.

Typical Beardsley - vision, opportunism, and excellence of excecution. It was a special moment and I'll never forget it.

The Pedro goal I always remember was the final goal in a 5-1 thrashing of Man City where he went round about 4 players and the keeper before rolling it in the net. Typical Beardsley close control magic  O0