Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

Some intelligent, witty and interesting pieces on True Faith about the town of Sunderland "What do you think about Sunderland ?"

Particularly interesting to read how the cathedral cities of Newcastle and Durham were always the leading places in the region for commerce, industry and education. They shared resources, co-operated and stood together during historical conflicts while the people of Sunderland sided with those opposed to Newcastle/County Durham at those times.

Blows the myth about Sunderland's being "the County Durham club" and explains why so many (possibly the majority ?) of people in County Durham have traditionally supported Newcastle.

Guest Stephen927

Would think Keane would have someone like Yorke as the deep lying midfielder to track Owen's runs.

I had the thought in my head last night, how Sunderland could approach the game, and I thought a 5-4-1 would be ideal if they wanted to contain our front 3. Whoever they put on Owen though, I can't see him being kept quiet all game due to the lack of quality holding midfielders. Maybe they'll go 5-4-1, Jonny Evans as the loose central defender/defensive midfielder to track Owen would be the best bet, but again, don't think he'd change his formation, or be seen to looking to contain us rather than take a more aggressive approach.

4-3-3 vs 4-5-1. Two formations that can interchange into the other at the drop of a hat.

Guest Stephen927

What are the chances of enough people getting wind of shouting fat chants at Andy Reid before the game though  :whatdidido:

Guest Stephen927

watch motd and watch him TRY and run. if ppl havent caught wind before the game, it wont be too hard too pick him out during.  :pow:

:lol:

I was reading RTG a while ago, and some Sunderland fan compared his low centre of gravity to that of Maradona, and quite a few fans agreed with him and said his skill is almost equal.  ???

Guest Petay

theres got to be an andy reid chant for sunday. anyone know any or invent one.

We could adapt the classic 'shoot' to either 'Eat' or 'Fat' whenever he has the ball, sometimes the simple things in life are best.

craig hope is such a moron.

Les is such a top bloke. Always very honest in interviews, he can do no wrong in my eyes, I hope he succeeds in getting his coaching/management badges eventually. Would be amazing to have possibly Alan and Les here helping as striking coaches or something whilst KK runs the 1st team, haha

Guest Stephen927

Johnny Evans hasn't trained for two days according to my knowledgeable, Mackem bellend mate. Would be a massive miss for them!

Indeed. Been very impressive since he joined them on loan, has got hardly any media recognition which works right into Sunderland's favour. Would be fantastic for them to get him on a permanent deal.

Johnny Evans hasn't trained for two days according to my knowledgeable, Mackem bellend mate. Would be a massive miss for them!

Indeed. Been very impressive since he joined them on loan, has got hardly any media recognition which works right into Sunderland's favour. Would be fantastic for them to get him on a permanent deal.

Just another surplus manU reserve at the end of the day, should start calling themselves FC United of Sundireland Reserves or something.