Memories Of Derby Day

Kev

Saying as its coming up to the big match next week, thought i would spice it up with a thread

Whats all your memories of derby day ? inc pictures if you wish to do so.

As im only pretty young, my main memories of derby day of being there is the 3-2. went wild when emre scored that free kick!

Maybe this seasons 1-1 for memories, all because of my hectic first half in the Sunderland end  :thdn:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1466/milnerrdt4.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8030/newcastlesunderlandemresh4.jpg

on my 12th birthday, we lost 3-0 at home to them, and it was Wyn Davies' debut

I was there in the rain, and I was there when that cunt Hutchinson kissed their dirty badge (not mentioning another incident in the game).  However the 2-0 was good, I'd barely sat down before Bellamy had the ball in their net.  The 3-2 was special, as it was a mackem mate of mines birthday and it totally ruined it for him! (Cruel, yes!)

However it has to be the 4-1.  Hardly any pubs in the region were showing it, but we found somewhere in Fatfield, Washington (supposed mackem territory) and it was absolutely jam-packed with Mags.  The few mackems in there were trying to wind us up at half-time, but we refused to bite back and just kept quiet.  Then on came Rocky to grab an equiliser, before that mad 7 minute spell.  I ended up on the deck as the people inside pushed forward.

Ahh, what a great day!

One of my first ever games was in the rain, on my birthday aswell. Loved, and been to every Derby at home since then, and we haven't lost since the day i first tasted a Sunderland game

My favourite was probably the 2-0 when Bellamy scored in the first couple of minutes, celebrated right infront of me, magic.

And Shearer scored a free-kick aswell in the first half.

One of the best memories of that game was at half-time, when i went downstairs and on the TV's it was showing pictures of the Sunderland fans slumped in there seats for the whole 15 minutes, probably one of the best sights ever!

Sunderland 1 Newcastle 4

17 April 2006, the day before my 21st birthday and the first time i'd been to see us play them away, Shearer's last ever game and goal for the toon, even luque fucking scored! The way we turned it around in the second half was just magic, my favourite footballing memory ever, its gonna take some beating.

Guest KeithKettleborough

I can remember sometime in the mid 60's being in the Roker end and rather squashed and unable to see the game (just a yung un at the time) I was carried down to the front over the heads of the fans and was able to avoid being crushed.

Not sure if we lost heavily or if it was the one where McNamee and Ollie Burton scored our 3 goals but whatever it was, was really packed in those days and very common for kids to travel that way.

I can remember sometime in the mid 60's being in the Roker end and rather squashed and unable to see the game (just a yung un at the time) I was carried down to the front over the heads of the fans and was able to avoid being crushed.

Not sure if we lost heavily or if it was the one where McNamee and Ollie Burton scored our 3 goals but whatever it was, was really packed in those days and very common for kids to travel that way.

howay man, it was 3-3, we scored 2 late goals to draw and John Mc swung on the crossbar

YOu must have been a bit pissed after [or before ] that one KK !!!!

THE match of the year starts at 1.30 p.m. People on this thread are speaking of the drinking session commencing at 6.30 a.m.  :celb:

Coming from abroad I have no clue as to what drinking at 6.30 am means. Please advise.  :thup:

It would be interesting to know if any pubs are open, or where fans gather to enjoy a few cans in a park or suchlike. Or do people just stay in their houses and drink?

Cheers...

The derby games ive been to were the 1-1 Bellamy and Phillips game, 2-0 Shearer and Bellamy game, the 3-2 game, and the 1-0 Dabizas game but I was in the mackem end at the SOS so it was frustrating not being able to celebrate.

Emre's goal was the best moment but I enjoyed the 2-0 better. Me and a few mates went down on the day without a ticket and we went up to the ground in hope of finding a tout our something. Anyway, I went up to the box office and somehow they had 4 tickets left! ;D I couldn't believe it! I was totally chuffed but unfortunatly there was 5 of us so one couldnt get and had to watch it in the pub. Thankfully I was first to ask out of all of us. I remember hanging about up beside the away fans under the stand as the go in and seeing my mate and his dad in the mackem end singing abuse. We started chanting 'you fat bastard' at him then all the mackems turned their attention on us and the police horses came and chased us away! :doh: Then the results was class as well obviously and we went home chuffed.

THE match of the year starts at 1.30 p.m. People on this thread are speaking of the drinking session commencing at 6.30 a.m.  :celb:

Coming from abroad I have no clue as to what drinking at 6.30 am means. Please advise.  :thup:

It would be interesting to know if any pubs are open, or where fans gather to enjoy a few cans in a park or suchlike. Or do people just stay in their houses and drink?

Cheers...

My plan is a 7:00am meet in a local pub which shall remain un-named!  :-X

Free food, strippers (Probably munters, but what can you expect at that time on a Sunday morning?), the works, I just hope we fuckin win!!!

Im seriously gonna have to pace mesell if I am gonna last through the game and the subsequent (I hope) celebrations.

Bring it on!!!!

:thup:

howay man, it was 3-3, we scored 2 late goals to draw and John Mc swung on the crossbar

YOu must have been a bit pissed after [or before ] that one KK !!!!

I remember the 0-3 defeat as well NE5,  Niel Martin scored a great header for them. They won the return that season 3-0 as well, Bobby Kerr scored a couple that day.

That 3-0 away defeat is an abiding memory, my dad went in another part of the ground and left me and my brother (bairns) to go in the Roker End with black and white scarfs, I remember abusing Kerr when he scored and being threatened (nothing more) by mackems. Somehow I don't think that would happen nowadays.

Since then a lot of memories ecstasy (3-1 NYD, Dabizas etc etc) and agony (1-4 Rowell, play offs, 1-2 in the rain etc)

Despite experiencing many I truly hate the derby matches, probably more so now we're expected to win them.

I'm starting to think i might get completley hammered for this one, depending what time the trains come back from town. Should be fucking class!

Where about yous all sitting? I'm just underneath the away fans in the SJH, atmosphere will be electric.

I'm starting to think i might get completley hammered for this one, depending what time the trains come back from town. Should be f****** class!

Where about yous all sitting? I'm just underneath the away fans in the SJH, atmosphere will be electric.

Coins off your heed tbh.

All adds to the occasion.

EDIT; What coins? ;)

Aye haha!

Anyone ever stood next to where the away fans come in at SJP when we play the Mackems?

A big mob with a glint in their eye seems to gather behind the barriers and rows of coppers awaiting the enemy, then those god awful double deckers pull up, thousands of Mackems come pouring out all pissed up and rowdy then the Geordies spark up, with songs back and forth and the odd couple of nutcases (on both sides) try to smash through the coppers and barriers for a fight.  The police horses go mental whilst the coppers are shitting themselves while trying to maintain their fragile grip on law and order.

A couple of derbys back one Mackem thought it would be a good idea to punch a Police horse only for the horse to hardly flinch and the Mackem nearly break his hand!  :doh:

Saw a police horse stand on a mackem a few seasons back. He was pissed and was in a bit of a barny, staggered backwards, lost his footing and fell under a horse which promptly stood on his head. Got dragged out and he was OK, I think. Prat.

Saw a police horse stand on a mackem a few seasons back. He was pissed and was in a bit of a barny, staggered backwards, lost his footing and fell under a horse which promptly stood on his head. Got dragged out and he was OK, I think. Prat.

Aye, you divvent want to mess with horses tbh.

EDIT; What coins? ;)

Aye haha!

Anyone ever stood next to where the away fans come in at SJP when we play the Mackems?

A big mob with a glint in their eye seems to gather behind the barriers and rows of coppers awaiting the enemy, then those god awful double deckers pull up, thousands of Mackems come pouring out all pissed up and rowdy then the Geordies spark up, with songs back and forth and the odd couple of nutcases (on both sides) try to smash through the coppers and barriers for a fight.  The police horses go mental whilst the coppers are shitting themselves while trying to maintain their fragile grip on law and order.

A couple of derbys back one Mackem thought it would be a good idea to punch a Police horse only for the horse to hardly flinch and the Mackem nearly break his hand!  :doh:

Are you on about the turnstile area, on that corner?

If so i've seen plenty of banter between the away fans, mainly Boro like. Can't wait for this match now like.

EDIT; What coins? ;)

Aye haha!

If so i've seen plenty of banter between the away fans, mainly Boro like. Can't wait for this match now like.

Aye.

EDIT; What coins? ;)

Aye haha!

Pedro111 - do you have a camera? Please film this amusing display and then post it on youtube.  :celb:

I'm against violence really, but a bit of slagging off never hurt a mackem. It's all humour.....

Nah sorry mate I dont, but if you search youtube a couple of days after the game you will find someone has probably filmed some of it.

If you search youtube now there is a vid of our fans arriving at Sunderland this year.

EDIT; What coins? ;)

Aye haha!

Aye.

Well i will be sitting under the away fans on Sunday, due to them taking up a full allocation. I go in turnstile 9 and 10 and there's always plenty banter. During the game aswell, they chuck everything down, and it just winds everyone up around that area, and makes a better atmosphere