You have 1 wish....

Guest Milburnthedog

Us winning the shootout against Partizan. Things haven't been the same since that game...

Agree 100%

Still get disheartened whenever i think about it, I won't soon forget the disappointment i felt when shearer missed the penalty like he did. I knew from then that we were going to lose.

dyer not getting inured against lisbon. with shearer and kluivert upfront sporting's defence could play so high up the field and the pressure exerted told. if dyer had stayed on than they wouldn't have been able to take those risks and we would have won.

Souness taking us on to our first trophy in years and being rewarded with a new 10 year contract would have followed.

The one big moment that I would reverse is a certain incident in 97 during a pre season friendly, where a player had his studs stuck in the turf and ripped his knee as a result.

That injury basically robbed us of one of the best strikers in the world at the time, the most lethal in Premiership history, and essentially undid all the comparaitve success up until that point, because we had only a year ago spent the world record transfer fee on him and had sold a few star players to fund that transfer and balance the books. We were robbed of someone who would most likely have ensured the minimum we would ever finish would be 4th.

Its also an injury that ensured a promising player like John Dahl Tomasson became a laughing stock because of having to play in an unsuitable role far too early in his career. Had he been able to play his more natural game behind the main forward, who at the time would have been one of the best in the world, the player who went on to become a good quality squad forward for one of the grandest clubs in the world, winning the CL in the process, might have formed a brilliantly lethal partnership in the Premiership for us.

Ah well.

The one big moment that I would reverse is a certain incident in 97 during a pre season friendly, where a player had his studs stuck in the turf and ripped his knee as a result.

That injury basically robbed us of one of the best strikers in the world at the time, the most lethal in Premiership history, and essentially undid all the comparaitve success up until that point, because we had only a year ago spent the world record transfer fee on him and had sold a few star players to fund that transfer and balance the books. We were robbed of someone who would most likely have ensured the minimum we would ever finish would be 4th.

Its also an injury that ensured a promising player like John Dahl Tomasson became a laughing stock because of having to play in an unsuitable role far too early in his career. Had he been able to play his more natural game behind the main forward, who at the time would have been one of the best in the world, the player who went on to become a good quality squad forward for one of the grandest clubs in the world, winning the CL in the process, might have formed a brilliantly lethal partnership in the Premiership for us.

Ah well.

I remember Tomasson playing in that pre-season tournament over here in Ireland and looking like an absolute class act playing just off the front man.

What a waste. :(

No matter what anyone chooses, we'd never have won the league or any cups. This is Newcastle United, we always find a way to screw things up.

So I would have added another one at the Stadium of Plight in Shearer's last game. We'd still win feck all, but at least we'd have stuck 5 past the mackems. :D

Ah well.

I remember Tomasson playing in that pre-season tournament over here in Ireland and looking like an absolute class act playing just off the front man.

Agree with both these posts

Ah well.

Agree with both these posts

agreed...........are we ready for a dalglish revisited.

unlucky with injuries and not as bad as made out ?

Shearer to have scored that penalty against the mackems. wouldve been magic, as thats all them tossers talk about to try and get one over us

OR

Taylor to have grabbed a 93rd minute winner this season at the sol to make it 2-1 and running around the whole pitch kissing the badge to rub it in them inbredded fuckers faces. all because they hate him with pride

dyer not getting inured against lisbon. with shearer and kluivert upfront sporting's defence could play so high up the field and the pressure exerted told. if dyer had stayed on than they wouldn't have been able to take those risks and we would have won.

Souness taking us on to our first trophy in years and being rewarded with a new 10 year contract would have followed.

You've got to wonder. If Souness or Roeder had lead us to UEFA cup glory, which they both had fairly good chances of doing, would one of them still be here?

Guest f***thepress

You've got to wonder. If Souness or Roeder had lead us to UEFA cup glory, which they both had fairly good chances of doing, would one of them still be here?

DONT!!!!!!