Worst NUFC manager in last 15 years

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gullit f***** up everywhere he went. At Chelsea, us, Feyenoord and now LA.

But maybe I should have voted Souness because, if memory serves me, the first year under gullit wasn't that bad.

Not that I like the bloke but how did Gullit f*** up at Chelsea exactly?

By asking for £2 million netto

Hang on a minute, I know he's been better lately but how is signing Barton a good thing all of a sudden?

Next season > fucking class.

Next season = banged up :razz:

Off topic: when do we know if he goes to jail??

Trial starts in June I think.

Hmm the trial probaby takes two years so no worries for next season.

But if he ends up in jail, it better be in/before august so we can get a decent replacement.

Hang on a minute, I know he's been better lately but how is signing Barton a good thing all of a sudden?

Next season > fucking class.

Next season = banged up :razz:

Off topic: when do we know if he goes to jail??

Trial starts in June I think.

Hmm the trial probaby takes two years so no worries for next season.

But if he ends up in jail, it better be in/before august so we can get a decent replacement.

I doubt it'll take 2 weeks tbh.

But maybe I should have voted Souness because, if memory serves me, the first year under gullit wasn't that bad.

:lol: Did a good job though.

Guest Knightrider

Worst manager: Souness

Worst managerial spell: Allardyce

In full, from best to worst in terms of ability:

SBR

KK

Big Sam

Dalglish

Roeder

Gullit

Souness

(Very even between Gullit, Roeder and Souness)

In full, from best to worst in terms of spell:

KK

SBR

Dalglish

Roeder

Gullit

Souness

Big Sam

IMO anyway.

Guest shaun11177

I said on his appointment if Souness is here for 18 months it will take us another 18 to recover, so just forget the next 3 years.

He has applied for a few jobs since then but nobody wants him-what a suprise.

As an accountant I must vote for Souness---he simply ruined the club, and if Ashley didn't bought the club we were already Leeds United again.

In this perspective Allardyce are no where near Souness.

Guest Knightrider

Worst manager: Souness

Worst managerial spell: Allardyce

How does that work? :lol:

Worst in terms of ability, i.e core football and character skills was Souness.

Worst spell here was Big Sam who lasted 21 games, came with a big rep, high expectations, lots of ideas and so on.

Sam Allardyce... he bought Smith!

but Souness bought Boumsong, Luque and Babayaro!

Souness bought also Owen, Solano and Parker (who was superb in his first season)!

FS bought Solano back for the fans.

:lol: Did a good job though.

And he walked away without a penny from us iirc

Quite surprised Roeder isn't second actually. He was my least favourite, sorta thing. Souness was by fay and away the worst manager, but i couldn't stand Roeder. Not one aspect of his managerial quality, nor one aspect of his qualities, not one iota of the man did i like tbh. Fucking shite manager. Team selections, joke. Fitness awareness, joke. Ability to deal with a small squad, joke. Transfer policy, joke. European nouse, joke. Man management, joke. Etc.

But we don't need to list the reasons for Souness.

Guest Knightrider

Roeder didn't waste money and nor did he take us back, we just never went anywhere under him. He perhaps overachieved and it has to be said under him expectations were pretty much on a par with the man's ability. He isn't the worst by any margin, maybe in terms of actual ability but not in terms of his spell here, IMO anyway.

Sam Allardyce... he bought Smith!

but Souness bought Boumsong, Luque and Babayaro!

Souness bought also Owen, Solano and Parker (who was superb in his first season)!

Allardyce also bought Beye, Enrique, Faye and the ever improving Viduka and Barton, overall much better group of signings then the three you mentioned.  I agree he's still a s*** manager of course.

Souness by a long long way. I still actually find it hard to believe he was ever appointed. He destroyed a team who had just finished 4th, 3rd and 5th. Sir Bobby did an amazing job and had us set up for years had we made the right appointment. Freddie made the worst appointment possible and for that I will never forgive him. The only reason he lasted so long was because the media loved him.

Ill never forget Alan Hanson describing us as idiots for calling for his head. Telling us we were eating humble after we scraped past Spurs in the cup.

Roeder was never good enough. I didnt expect any better and it was another terrible appointment by Freddie.