Pre/Post match trouble?

Big Geordie

BBC reporting someone died after our match.

Rumour is it was a Villa fan who'd been getting some bother off Blues fans, so they got in their car and ran him over. Unconfirmed rumours as yet, but apparently fighting from 9am this morning pretty much up to kick off (away from the ground).

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

BBC reporting someone died after our match.

Rumour is it was a Villa fan who'd been getting some bother off Blues fans, so they got in their car and ran him over. Unconfirmed rumours as yet, but apparently fighting from 9am this morning pretty much up to kick off (away from the ground).

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Hope that's not true. Not good at all, if it is.

Went to the Bodega after the match and saw a few lads getting some stuff like pieces of wood out of a skip that was outside the Tyne Theatre and then legging it round the corner of Tilleys'. Seemed like it was all kicking off around there, but didn't see anything. Then went to the Bridge afterwards and the whole route along the way was full of bizzies; had a few pints there and then there were still shit loads of bizzies hanging around outside of Central Station when I was going back to get the Metro. Fuck knows what was going on like.

It's true about the villa fan cos BBC are reporting it. s*** like that puts derby days in perspective......

Can you not read? fuck me.

The BBC said there are unconfirmed reports that the victim of a road accident was a rival fan. Even if it was a Brum fan that happened to run over a Villa fan it could still have been an accident. Rumours like that are bloody dangerous.

Chill your boots man tut radgee.

I've not quoted any of the rumours that are doing the rounds. Just said a villa fan died after their derby. And it was a tragedy for any fan to die following their side. Regardless of how it happened.

Nothing concrete as such, but I witness around 30 makums trying to barge thier way through the coppers on the concourse at Level 7 milburn right next to my seat at full time.  

30 'meatheads' attempting to throw punches at riot police in full gear aint going to end well...saw one lad from the region of the damned get it full on in the nose with a riot shield.  Suffice to say his shirt was slowly becoming fully red, rather than red and white.

Also, to confirm, the whole of Level 7 next to the away fans just stood still...waving, sticking two fingers up and pointing and laughing when seeing the scum try and get through the coppers.

Hillarious.

As for the Birmingham game...if that happened, jeees, some people take things a little bit too far.  RIP and a shame to the legit fans.  

The thing is, i'm not overly bothered about fools fighting, if they want to beat the living shit out of each other then so be it, but do it somewhere quiet like on a field away from innocent bystanders.

Also, to confirm, the whole of Level 7 next to the away fans just stood still...waving, sticking two fingers up and pointing and laughing when seeing the scum try and get through the coppers.

Did the stewards let you's stand all the way through? When I had my s/t up there (next to the away fans) - the only time we stood unmolested was the 3-2 game when Emre scored the winner. Much better when you can stand.  :thup:

Did the stewards let you's stand all the way through? When I had my s/t up there (next to the away fans) - the only time we stood unmolested was the 3-2 game when Emre scored the winner. Much better when you can stand.  :thup:

They are a bit over zealous at times where my seat is...but this was at the end when everyone was leaving so it didnt matter.  Stewards were too busy holding back the hordes of the damned to care about us standing up :)

Block H and J in Level 7 stand at every game, the stewards have tried to get us to sit down but it doesn't work as it's too many people standing, didn't try out today like.

Heard it was a canny bit trouble at Central after the match and the coppers ended up hoying the mackems on the metro as the train was too full and it was kicking off.

Guest Knightrider

Anyone who kicks-off over football are complete and utter sad bastards and for me are not true fans because all they do is besmirch their club's name and no self respecting supporter would ever do anything to wrong-do their club or fellow fans, ever. Cretins the lot of them.

Anyone who kicks-off over football are complete and utter sad bastards and for me are not true fans because all they do is besmirch their club's name and no self respecting supporter would ever do anything to wrong-do their club or fellow fans, ever. Cretins the lot of them.

Agreed but everybody has the right to self defence if innocently smacked by somebody.

Edit.

I mean if they are innocent and somebody hits them. :idiot2:

I was in Gengis (whatever it is called now) at around 4.45pm, Central Station was a complete no go area. Knuckle head toon fans full of beer, out of the Sports Bar, hundreds of coppers & bemused women, children & a sprinkling of mackems.

Embarrassing doesn't cover it

Nephew was in the station around noon, said there were, I dunno, certainly stand offs. Afterwards the rozzers treated it like it was a riot in advance. An annoyance to those of us who actually wanted to get to Fenham.