Keegan wants a left back.

Baggio

So Keegan has said that he's looking to bring in a new left back, now we've seen Enrique step up his game lately but we're still short in that area with only one recognised left back in the first team squad, so do we bring in a left back better than him which may hinder his progress? Someone to compete with him or an understudy?

Any realistic suggestions on who we should get?

Guest elpapi

So Keegan has said that he's looking to bring in a new left back, now we've seen Enrique step up his game lately but we're still short in that area with only one recognised left back in the first team squad, so do we bring in a left back better than him which may hinder his progress? Someone to compete with him or an understudy?

Where's this Ivorian one, Boka? Still at Strasbourg?

It's a tough one. I'd like to see Enrique start next season but i'm not so sure KK will see it that way.

Did Ben Haim used to sometimes play left back for Bolton? Or am i think of someone else? If so then i'd sign him and use him as back up left back with Taylor back up centre half.

Either that or stick a bid in for Cole or Bridge.

It's a tough one. I'd like to see Enrique start next season but i'm not so sure KK will see it that way.

Did Ben Haim used to sometimes play left back for Bolton? Or am i think of someone else? If so then i'd sign him and use him as back up left back with Taylor back up centre half.

Either that or stick a bid in for Cole or Bridge.

He covered left back when Gardner was injured and they would pull Faye from midfield to cover him at centre back partnering Meite.

I don't think Faye and Ben Haim partnered each other at centre back but if they did it was only the odd occasion.

As i've said before i'd go for a young English LB to understudy Enrique.

Joe Mattock sounds very promising from what i hear.

Aye that's a good shout.

Noone else think that Edgars fine as an understudy? I suppose it's risky but i'd be happy with him TBH.

As i've said before i'd go for a young English LB to understudy Enrique.

Joe Mattock sounds very promising from what i hear.

Aye that's a good shout.

Noone else think that Edgars fine as an understudy? I suppose it's risky but i'd be happy with him TBH.

A good 3rd choice.

I'd have him as mainly understudy for the CB positions. Someone like Mattock or the lad from Palace for 2nd choice.

Where's this Ivorian one, Boka? Still at Strasbourg?

He plays for Stuttgart now, looked excellent back in the World Cup.

Guest optimistic nit

dont both kadar and tozer play at left back? if we rate these 2 i dont see the point of buying a young understudy for a 21 year old (he'd be only a year or so older than these 2). get someone around Beye's age to be the first choice left back (not that enrique shouldn't get a game mind, but he is first choice) who's on a 2-3 year contract and enrique can take over as first choice cb when his contract runs out.

Hopefully someone willing to push Enrique without demanding a first-team place whilst being on extortionate wages (Riise).

Riise is on £28k p/w ain't he, twas in the papers last year i seem to remember

They've got to stick with Enrique as first choice, we're not going to get anyone better than what he can become and if we stop playing him would only really hinder his development. Mattock would be an interesting shout, looks good when I have seen him but from what I've read Leicester would want £5million plus (although that could clearly change if things don't go their way in the last few games).

They've got to stick with Enrique as first choice, we're not going to get anyone better than what he can become and if we stop playing him would only really hinder his development. Mattock would be an interesting shout, looks good when I have seen him but from what I've read Leicester would want £5million plus (although that could clearly change if things don't go their way in the last few games).

Wouldn't it hinder Mattock's development sat on our bench every week?

Na, they nearly sold him for £2m in the winter window to Bolton/Everton IIRC.

Another youngster like Tozer/Kadar. We've got the likes of Taylor who can fill in there if we're absolutely desperate. If we get this right Enrique could be the best left-back we've had in the Premiership. I'll be pissed off if we get someone like Riise in.

I'd be gutted if we had to rely on Taylor or Edgar as left back cover next season, neither are good enough to cover that position at this level long term.

Keegan doesn't think so either or he wouldn't be talking about signing one.