Keegan wants a left back.

Baggio

OK, puts tin hat on.................

How about George McCartney from West Ham? He's young, wouldn't demand a first team place (which might defeat the object, like) but what I've seen of him, I like.

He's rarely raped down the right side, can get forward, good cross on him.

Played regularly for West Ham for a couple of years now. This seasons stats:

Played: 37

Assists: 3

Yellows: 3

Reds: 0

Clean Sheets: 9

Goals: 1

Would be less than £2.5m I should think too.

There is the argument that we should be looking for first team improvements, but I like the look of Enrique and would give him next season to settle before dropping him.

Buy a top left back in Jan if he doesn't manage to improve his attacking ability.

My fear is that KK wants another John Beresford 'esque' left back but that would leave us widely exposed at back. Enrique may not have his attacking instincts but is more solid defensively.

This could be helped by playing a more attack minded Left sided central midfielder perhaps?

Said it before and I'll say it again, Julio Arca. Would be ideal for the left-hand side of a midfield three, would be decent if he was called upon as a left-winger, and of course, would be good at left-back. Can't see him costing that much either.

Thats a very good call actually.

Experienced - check

Will settle in the area - check

Good value - check

Can bomb on - check

Guaranteed to piss the Mackems off - check

Sign him.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Julio Arca. Would be ideal for the left-hand side of a midfield three, would be decent if he was called upon as a left-winger, and of course, would be good at left-back. Can't see him costing that much either.

Thats a very good call actually.

Experienced - check

Will settle in the area - check

Good value - check

Can bomb on - check

Guaranteed to piss the Mackems off - check

Sign him.

Will piss off the Mackems - check

he went through my mind as well tbh. He's at a low grade club where every player is always ready to jump ship as well. Check.

he went through my mind as well tbh. He's at a low grade club where every player is always ready to jump ship as well. Check.

Yep he would be ideal. Can play in a few different positions, that type of player. And he's South American!

Not sure why everyone thinks KK will want a possibly inferior defender if they're a better attacker. Smacks of being unfair to the great man for me. He's already shown that he's not stuck in one mindset and he'll know that the widemen on show in the Premership now are different class to most of the ones on show first time round.

I don't think Enrique is inadequate going forward anyway. He can improve of course but who can't?

Whenever you see KK quoted on the LB situation, all he says is that they have no cover for the position with Enrique being the only recognised LB.  I think he is wanting to bring in a back up for Enrique, but isn't quite saying that incase he finds a deal he just can't turn down.

Enrique is more than capable of making the LB position his own, and trying to bring in a better player might be more trouble than it's worth if it upsets Enrique. A young promising back up would be good to fill the back up role, and then the ££££ can be better spent getting in players for the Midfield/CD.

Isn't he their captain (or am I making that up?).

Got the captaincy taken off him after his performance against Cardiff.

Did I read correctly that Boro no longer have a captain, just a team of leaders? :lol:

While I think on (this CL game is predictably tedious), I think one reason many people, like myself, are worried about putting Enrique's nose out of joint (seeing as it's been commented on) and would be very disappointed to see him pushed out undeservedly is that we're typically a graveyard for talent from abroad. Players from places like Spain will have seen Marcelino, Luque, Viana et al come here, hardly play and be an absolute disaster and that will come into their thinking when they get the chance to come here.

People talk about the manager being a selling point but I think when players have seen their countrymen come here, do well and enjoy their life and their football, that will influence them much more. Liverpool could sign any player in Spain over another British club because of how their players have done there, same with Arsenal and France, even putting aside how good those sides are.

I'm not saying that for the sake of it we should play foreigners if they're not good enough - that's ridiculous. But Enrique is more than good enough imo - instead of nitpicking, let's see him do well and let Europeans see that this is not just a club that will nigh on end their career.

While I think on (this CL game is predictably tedious), I think one reason many people, like myself, are worried about putting Enrique's nose out of joint (seeing as it's been commented on) and would be very disappointed to see him pushed out undeservedly is that we're typically a graveyard for talent from abroad. Players from places like Spain will have seen Marcelino, Luque, Viana et al come here, hardly play and be an absolute disaster and that will come into their thinking when they get the chance to come here.

People talk about the manager being a selling point but I think when players have seen their countrymen come here, do well and enjoy their life and their football, that will influence them much more. Liverpool could sign any player in Spain over another British club because of how their players have done there, same with Arsenal and France, even putting aside how good those sides are.

I'm not saying that for the sake of it we should play foreigners if they're not good enough - that's ridiculous. But Enrique is more than good enough imo - instead of nitpicking, let's see him do well and let Europeans see that this is not just a club that will nigh on end their career.

It is only the very top players who choose where they play the rest go where the cash is. Liverpool have a few failing Spainiards under Rafa: Josemi, Morientes, Nunez & then a few more foreign failures like Gonzalez, Kromkamp, Barragan & Pellegrino. What them players experienced didn't put off Torres, Arbeloa or Babel from joining Liverpool.