Frank Lampard's mum

Guest kingdawson

No offence, but I fail to see why this is big news. This is no more tragic than other people dying all across the world, many footballer's parents etc. die and yet for some reason the media has decided to jump on this bandwagon?

RIP to everyone that has died recently.

It is not a bandwagon at all. Yes it is major news because he is one of this countries biggest names in football & someone has posted about it on football forum but it is not a bandwagon. I am sure if Paul Van Dyks mother died that may cause a stir on clubbing message boards or Lewis Hamilton parents passing away would be new on a F1 forum.

Did you have problem with media bandwagon/media circus that ended up stopping a black chap (average footballer) in the Watford area getting sent home?  1000's of other people dont have such a media exposure, pressures groups or a bandwagon helping them which is a shame.

What happens I go onto a clubbing messageboard & there a stacks of posts about the death of young DJ Barry Connell (Goodgreef DJ). Not mega well known but it has caused stir in the cyber clubbing messageboard world.

No offence, but I fail to see why this is big news. This is no more tragic than other people dying all across the world, many footballer's parents etc. die and yet for some reason the media has decided to jump on this bandwagon?

Sad news, but I agree.

It's fairly big news that one of the top players for one of the top teams in the top league is missing one of the most important games of the season because his mother has died tbh ;)

While I sympathise with Frank and wouldn't wish the death of a parent on anyone, the major news is that he's missing the match, not that his mother has died.

I'd rather hear about this than Princess f****** Di tbh

I'd rather hear about you cuttiing your toenails than hear any more about Di.

Doesn't make it newsworthy though.

Sad news, but I agree.

It's fairly big news that one of the top players for one of the top teams in the top league is missing one of the most important games of the season because his mother has died tbh ;)

While I sympathise with Frank and wouldn't wish the death of a parent on anyone, the major news is that he's missing the match, not that his mother has died.

I'd rather hear about this than Princess f****** Di tbh

I'd rather hear about you cuttiing your toenails than hear any more about Di.

Doesn't make it newsworthy though.

it adds quite alot to the CL setting, and the Premiership ending. Lampard had a big loss, and thats certainly gonna affect the team. Hopefully for the team they can do well without Frank L. for a few games.

RIP.

Look at it this way. If it was an injury that was keeping Lampard out of the most important games of the season I'm sure people would talk about it as a football matter, so why should this not be talked about on a football forum?

Look at it this way. If it was an injury that was keeping Lampard out of the most important games of the season I'm sure people would talk about it as a football matter, so why should this not be talked about on a football forum?

Massive difference between a personal loss and an injury tbh. However I agree it is a relevant topic, as it is effecting a big game.

Massive difference between a personal loss and an injury tbh. However I agree it is a relevant topic, as it is effecting a big game.

Yes, but the important point is that he is missing big games. The two just get a different reaction. Because his mother has died people are posting RIP as opposed to "Lol, fat bastard" if he'd been injured.

If Steven Gerrard's mother dies (God forbid) then we'll have to have a day off in mourning.

I worry when he cuts his own toenails just in case he cuts it too far and we have to have a minutes silence across the UK for his poor toe.

So a death, well i reckon we'd probably have to close the UK for several weeks to deal with the incident.

If Steven Gerrard's mother dies (God forbid) then we'll have to have a day off in mourning.

I worry when he cuts his own toenails just in case he cuts it too far and we have to have a minutes silence across the UK for his poor toe.

So a death, well i reckon we'd probably have to close the UK for several weeks to deal with the incident.

is this still going on

is this still going on

Yes, apparently he still cuts his own toenails, although the FA have moved to install a professional toenail cutter for Gerrard at his home so they can avoid such an incident occurring.

Its probably for the best.

is this still going on

Yes, apparently he still cuts his own toenails, although the FA have moved to install a professional toenail cutter for Gerrard at his home so they can avoid such an incident occurring.

Its probably for the best.

should get the military out for a 21 gun salute

Guest nufc_geordie

Liverpool's European luck knows no bounds.....he's bound to miss the game next week now.

That is actually a blessing in disguise. Lampard is sh*t and only ever performs when his side are comfortably ahead in games. He hides when the pressure is on.

Liverpool's European luck knows no bounds.....he's bound to miss the game next week now.

That is actually a blessing in disguise. Lampard is sh*t and only ever performs when his side are comfortably ahead in games. He hides when the pressure is on.

mackems.gif

Lampard's scored lots of important goals for Chelsea and, until recently, he scored a fair few goals for England in tight situations.  People can say what they like about him but I don't think there's any argument in him hiding in the big games.

Guest sicko2ndbest

sorry, i know i shouldnt but:

Apparently Drogba's been asked to stay away.

In case he dives in the box.

RIP

Guest Stephen927

The black armbands and shirt with her name on the back was too much :rolleyes:

I thought it was a really nice touch by Chelsea players

Agreed.