Travel from Hull to Newcastle - Check OP

Ash

Guest Rey Mysterio

so this mean  u wont be going to support ur local team now they in the prem L ?

No he doesn't like them. I do, however i haven't joined the mad rush to get season tickets, prefer to go watch the toon.

At Headingley tonight for the rugby so we'll be on the lookout for potential pick up points.

Any suggestions?

Like I've said for those in & around Leeds, a city centre pick up would probably be best. Spots I can think of off the top of my head would be the bus station although might not be allowed, Sovereign St where the busses to Leeds Fest pick up/drop off or outside the Hilton/near the station as i used to see buses/coaches there picking people up for work when i was round there.

Pretty sure we go past there, will mention it to the driver and see what he thinks, along with the other suggestions.

Cheers mate.

No probs, Sovereign St. (probably the best pick up point as it is a quiet road) is just off that road next to the Hilton n all. If you're driving up past the station is right hand side just before you go under the arches next to the wasteland carpark thing.

The driver's looking into it. Sovereign Street is looking like one option. Another one is potentially outside of the ITV studios.

I'm so excited about this idea, I think I'm going to s***.

Are any home friendlies actually confirmed yet?

:iamatwat:

I don't think they are, which isn't great to be honest. If we're going to give the bus a trial run out before the season starts they're going to have to confirm them sooner rather than later so I can pick a game. If Valencia is on the 9th August, that is one I think may be best.

• 2 weeks later...

any more news on this then?

Now that the fixtures have been released, the coach has been provisionally booked for every home game in the coming season, obviously changes will need to be made once the TV games are announced.

Once the club finally get around to announcing our friendlies, we'll probably give it a trial run out to one of the games to see how it goes if there is enough interest.

I'm still working on the price of the coach too. I'm hoping to knock even more off the price I stated earlier on in the thread but that is still up in the air at the moment. Just as a point, the cost for each person is likely to be determined on a game to game basis, depending on how many people are on the coach for each game. If the bus is full every week (fingers crossed!) then it will simply be a set price but I need to cover the cost of the bus and this may mean a varying price.

The driver and I should be finalising the pick up points on Sunday. I think it's going to be something like this:

Hull

Humber Bridge area (for those in the Lincolnshire area)

Possible pick up at a suitable point along the M62

Ferrybridge

Leeds

Possible pick up at a suitable point just after we turn onto the A1

If you think any of these could be altered, stick your suggestions below. Now is the time to do it.

At the beginning of July I will probably start taking names for the Bolton game so I can gather how many are going to be on the coach for that game and arrange where people are going to be picked up.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask below or PM me.

What kind of times would you be setting off/arriving on the way up and on the way back, Ash?

I reckon we'd be looking at arriving between one and two hours before kick off. It will more than likely be determined by what time each game is going to kick off to be fair. It's open for debate anyway.

On the way back, again depends on kick off time. If it's what people want, we can stay behind for an hour or so after the game. As I've said before, the driver is spot on and will really look after us.

Well looking forward to the friendly for this to kick off  ;D

Maybe make a deadline for everyone interested per game or something? I've done coach & travel organising before & you always get people umming and arring til the last minute.

Doing a fine job mate!

The way petrol prices are going i'd be bloody tempted to drive to somewhere Leeds-way from Sheffield and jump on the bus!

I think the way things are going, a few people may take this option. It was costing me near enough £50 each game towards the back end of the season. If someone ran a coach last season from say, Ferrybridge (just as an example), it would probably cost me about £15 maximum to get to Ferrybridge and back, then paying say £15 on a coach, it would still have saved me £20 each game. That seriously adds up over the course of the season.

Well looking forward to the friendly for this to kick off  ;D

Maybe make a deadline for everyone interested per game or something? I've done coach & travel organising before & you always get people umming and arring til the last minute.

I think you're looking forward to it more than I am! :lol:

Yep, plan on doing that. Things will really start rolling over the next month.

Doing a fine job mate!

The way petrol prices are going i'd be bloody tempted to drive to somewhere Leeds-way from Sheffield and jump on the bus!

I think the way things are going, a few people may take this option. It was costing me near enough £50 each game towards the back end of the season. If someone ran a coach last season from say, Ferrybridge (just as an example), it would probably cost me about £15 maximum to get to Ferrybridge and back, then paying say £15 on a coach, it would still have saved me £20 each game. That seriously adds up over the course of the season.

My thoughts exactly.

Guest Nufc4Life

Looking forward to this starting up.

Am booking the Saturday for the Bolton game off work so will definently want to be on the coach for that one like.

Should be a good crack :)

Can you not get anywhere a bit more central in Lincoln (i.e. the city)?

It may be difficult as it will add a fair bit of time onto the journey but we'll look into it anyway.

This is why we need to get suggestions down now so that the route can be sorted to try and please as many people as possible.

Good to see this looks like its actually going to happen. Be good to have a bit of banter on way up/down instead of getting train up/down from Leeds on me tod like last season. Save a few pennies n all.

Good to see this looks like its actually going to happen. Be good to have a bit of banter on way up/down instead of getting train up/down from Leeds on me tod like last season. Save a few pennies n all.

Like I said in my opening post, they're two of the main reasons I wanted to start the coach. I also hoped that with everyone saving money on travel costs, it would mean more people can make it to more games than they'd probably usually attend.

I really hope it can take off. Up to now, I cannot see a problem. The time when we'll really see if it's going to work is when it comes to gathering enough numbers for each game which is my only worry at the minute.

Like I said in my opening post, they're two of the main reasons I wanted to start the coach. I also hoped that with everyone saving money on travel costs, it would mean more people can make it to more games than they'd probably usually attend.

I really hope it can take off. Up to now, I cannot see a problem. The time when we'll really see if it's going to work is when it comes to gathering enough numbers for each game which is my only worry at the minute.

Just plug it as much as you can mate, worth sending round all Toon forums and maybe even contact nufc.com & true-faith.co.uk n all, not sure what they'd be able to do but is worth trying.