how big would st james be if........

cp40

Millenium stadium cost £126 million.

I said regarded as cheap, it isn't really, more that it is regarded as cheap compared to Wembley.

City of Manchester Stadium only cost £110M.

Surely if Newcastle were to want a bigger stadium then the council wont sit back and watch NUFC move outside of the city centre? Surely they can apply to the government to get those buildings de-listed?

Surely if Newcastle were to want a bigger stadium then the council wont sit back and watch NUFC move outside of the city centre? Surely they can apply to the government to get those buildings de-listed?

Googled it & came up with "Sir Titus" :lol:

http://www.ihbc.org.uk/context_archive/56/titus/moving.html

Raises an interesting point though.  Why don't we just move them :lol:

It's Grade I listed, no chance.

the legroom inside SJP is especially generous

it didnt seem it on sunday when i twatted my knee cap of the seat in front when owen scored his first, still got a massive bruise!

Depends where you sit, where were you?

The leg room in Level 7 is very generous.

it didnt seem it on sunday when i twatted my knee cap of the seat in front when owen scored his first, still got a massive bruise!

i sit in the gallowgate mate, first tier, i think? are there two or three tiers? haha. leg room's not so bad, just a bit hazardous when you're jumping around

i sit in the gallowgate mate, first tier, i think? are there two or three tiers? haha. leg room's not so bad, just a bit hazardous when you're jumping around

Just upper and lower I think, I'm in the upper.

grade I is even higher than grey street, so think of how hard it would be to demolish that, and then double it. absolutely no chance, to architectural historians it is of similar importance to things like the royal crescent in bath or john nash's regent's park buildings.

an extended gallowgate would take sjp to at least 60,000 anyway and i think that is a good size for us.

Just upper and lower I think, I'm in the upper.

yeah i thought so, i'm in the back row of the lower then, love it, much better than 05/06 in the john hall stand

i honestly dont think we would fill it most of the time. Right now we probably could, but we all know how quickly a club can go downhill. There has been quite a few times this season where there has been quite a few empty seats, and cup games would look terrible

If they can knock a piece of outstanding modern architecture down like the greenmarket, they can knock Leazes Terrace down

:lol:

another complication is that half the block is privately owned so the club would have to individually buy each residence, and without a compulsory purchase order that could literally take decades if people don't want to sell up and cost many millions, which wouldn't be worth it.

If they can knock a piece of outstanding modern architecture down like the greenmarket, they can knock Leazes Terrace down

:lol:

another complication is that half the block is privately owned so the club would have to individually buy each residence, and without a compulsory purchase order that could literally take decades if people don't want to sell up and cost many millions, which wouldn't be worth it.

Knock it down first, then start talking about the price.  A pile of bricks is worthless after all O0

Not 100% sure, but I think Grade I listed buildings are way above council jurisdiction.

The council handle the process but have to get the OK from English Heritage.

Anyway, the club don't own it. It's a prime piece of real estate, f*** knows what it would be worth if the uni decided to sell.

It's a non-starter for a plethora of reasons. If we want to expand the stadium the only realistic way to do it is above the gallowgate.

The current east stand only holds what 5-7 thousand or something??

If the ground was completed all the way round ie the east stand the same as the milburn it would be about 80k imo.

Someone said could we fill it with Champions League football?,.......no we had CL football in 2002 and there were loads of empties in the current stadium.

Cup games and European games for us need to be priced MUCH cheaper than league games if we want full houses imo.

Never seen that picture before; that would be amazing, best ground in the league by a mile...

your our man..... develop some qick acting concrete cancer .. ( there is such a thing)

It certainly would look amazing but it will simply never happen.

I know, sadly not...

people used to say keegan would never come back

Who is going to plant a bomb in Leazes Terrace?

is there enough members on here to storm it

I'm probably going to be doing a PhD in Newcastle next year (starting September) so I could apply to live there and then I could be the mole on the inside?

:lol: What's your PhD on?

Cancer research (get me)! Unfortunately not bomb building or structural engineering, which would possibly help us in our attempt to bring it down from the inside  :pow:

can we not extend gallowgate ?

i know about buildings and shit about the east stand.

and i know all accross level 7 holds 15,000. so same size all around ground would be adding another 15,000 then however many more seats would be there. probably hold about 80,000 tbh.

we would only sell out 60,000 for sunderland and maybe teams like man utd, liverpool etc...

but we could easily give away teams 7 or 8,000 which would make it amazing for atmosphere

shame nout like this will happen...