Mark Viduka

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I sought of like Viduka but i just find him so immobile. I went to the sunderalnd game and he just puts no pressure on the back 4. Good with the ball at his feet but does not offer much else in my eyes. I would personally let him go because i believe that their are other players who can do what he can do and more. Kenwyne Jones is a player i like the look of. Really gets about the back four and very good in the air as well as having a good shot.

Stay, squad.

We should sign a new target-man and keep Viduka (along with Carroll) as back up.

Hopefully Carroll will be involved more next season though, Keegan clearly rates him more than Allardyce - he's been in almost every Keegan 16.

If it were a straight choice between him and Jones, I'd pick Jones everytime.

Wouldn't want to sign Jones to replace Viduka.  He will be found out as average next year.

7 goals this season according to their website, which is the same as Viduka, but as their main centre forward.  Why pay as much for him as they would undoubtedly want.

Would be a complete waste of money.

Wouldn't want to sign Jones to replace Viduka.  He will be found out as average next year.

7 goals this season according to their website, which is the same as Viduka, but as their main centre forward.  Why pay as much for him as they would undoubtedly want.

Exactly. As I was saying before. Jones had a good run of games in the first half of the season where he scored a few goals and since then has done little of interest. Chopra is scoring more at the moment than he is.

Jones has been overrated simply because of the lack of quality around him. I don't think he is anything special and his goalscoring form of late reflects this.

See id disagree with that, Jones for me is one of the best target men in the Prem, he never falls over and he dominates defenders, even Faye had trouble containing him, he just lacked so much support, he excels at holding the ball up but his finishing and composure is still in question if you ask me.

Would take him over Crouch.

Jones has been overrated simply because of the lack of quality around him. I don't think he is anything special and his goalscoring form of late reflects this.

See id disagree with that, Jones for me is one of the best target men in the Prem, he never falls over and he dominates defenders, even Faye had trouble containing him, he just lacked so much support, he excels at holding the ball up but his finishing and composure is still in question if you ask me.

Fortunatley, it isn't up to you.

Guest Milburnthedog

He's immobile, injury prone and tends to be lazy. I think he's replaceable myself. And I wouldn't hang on to him if he stops the progression of one of our reserve forwards who may well 'make it'.

Because Faye's the best defender this league has to offer...

He's just a decent player in a s*** team. He looks good because the players around him are so bad.

Would be a mistake. Not us moing forward in the slightest

But Jones would offer us so much more than Viduka does, it's not just about how many goals he's scored but what a strong, pacey striker could do for our team in the formation we play, a player with his attributes is just what we need.

But Jones would offer us so much more than Viduka does, it's not just about how many goals he's scored but what a strong, pacey striker could do for our team in the formation we play, a player with his attributes is just what we need.

What price would you put on a non-goalscoring centre forward, given that we already have Ameobi & Smith?

How much do you think Jones would cost?

What price would you put on a non-goalscoring centre forward, given that we already have Ameobi & Smith?

He's nothing like Ameobi or Smith though, he isn't a prolific goal scorer but he makes up for it with the amount of assists he gets for his team mates (joint 6th in the Premiership with Bentley) and that's in a wank Sunderland side, I'd fancy him to get plenty working with Martins and Owen instead of Chopra and Daryl Murphy.

He's probably worth around the £12 million mark but I can't see Quinn or Keane being to keen to sell him to us, he has the sort of attributes we should be looking for in a Viduka replacement though, maybe that Gomis bloke is worth a look from St Ettienne.

He's nothing like Ameobi or Smith though, he isn't a prolific goal scorer but he makes up for it with the amount of assists he gets for his team mates (joint 6th in the Premiership with Bentley) and that's in a w*** Sunderland side, I'd fancy him to get plenty working with Martins and Owen instead of Chopra and Daryl Murphy.

He's probably worth around the £12 million mark but I can't see Quinn or Keane being to keen to sell him to us, he has the sort of attributes we should be looking for in a Viduka replacement though, maybe that Gomis bloke is worth a look from St Ettienne.

Are you for real? :lol:

This is someone that was playing for Southampton in Sepember, and has looked average at best if you look past the crap surrounding him.

Considering Modric went for £15m, you're talking out of your arse there I'm afraid.

He's nothing like Ameobi or Smith though, he isn't a prolific goal scorer but he makes up for it with the amount of assists he gets for his team mates (joint 6th in the Premiership with Bentley) and that's in a w*** Sunderland side, I'd fancy him to get plenty working with Martins and Owen instead of Chopra and Daryl Murphy.

Are you for real? :lol:

This is someone that was playing for Southampton in Sepember, and has looked average at best if you look past the crap surrounding him.

Considering Modric went for £15m, you're talking out of your arse there I'm afraid.

He doesn't look average at all, you just have to watch him to see the attributes he has and how much we'd benefit from a player like him in the team, where he was playing before he joined Sunderland means absolutely nothing to what he could do for us now, in fact I remember everyone laughing when Sunderland paid £6 million for him but he's proven everyone wrong as far as I'm concerned including myself who laughed at the signing too.

As for the fee, you can't compare ever player to that of Modric and you have to include the price is higher between English clubs, see Darren Bent at £16 million as an example.

There are so many better ways to spend £12m.  Their style is hump the ball up to him and chase the knockdowns, stands to reason he should get some assists.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Have you seen who occupy the two below Jones in that list.  Wouldn't want them here either.

I think he's simply not good enough.

Nicky Shorey and the mightly Carlton Cole are only one assist off Jones as things stand, do you think we should bid for them if we can't get Jones, Baggio?

Shorey gets most of his assists from dead balls much like Ashley Young, I wouldn't want Carlton Cole though.

I'm not saying he gets assists so he must be great, I'm saying that the attributes he's got are what we need, the fact he does get plenty of assists for his team mates combined with his attributes makes him a realistic standard of player I'd look to bring in.

How about a few suggestions from everyone else as to who we could bring in.