Mark Viduka

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd rather take Crouch than Jones if thats the direction we're going in & I don't like Crouch at all.  Can't sit here and pretend to know loads about European football, but there must be better ways to spend £12m?

I'd stick with Viduka & Carroll for another year though.

I'd rather take Crouch than Jones if thats the direction we're going in & I don't like Crouch at all.  Can't sit here and pretend to know loads about European football, but there must be better ways to spend £12m?

What attributes does Crouch have that would make him a better player for us than Jones?

What attributes does Crouch have that would make him a better player for us than Jones?

He is better at the attributes you list for Jones than Jones is.  Did get 8 assists in the premier league last year.  He's also a better player than Jones IMO

But like I said, I don't particularly rate him & I'd stick with Viduka & Carroll.

Viduka has been playing with an achilles injury the last couple of games by the way, making him even less mobile.

Didn't realize that was possible!

I remember during Wigan (h), the ball got punted forwards by Taylor and Viduka looked at where the ball was rolling, 35 yards in front of him, and kind of mouthed "no way." :lol:

Crouch and Jones are decent players don't get me wrong, however for the money they'd cost we could get better value. Simple.

Examples?

Btw I'm not saying you couldn't bring in a better individual player than Jones for that money, however bringing in a better individual doesn't mean it'll make us better as a team.

Jones has been overrated simply because of the lack of quality around him. I don't think he is anything special and his goalscoring form of late reflects this.

See id disagree with that, Jones for me is one of the best target men in the Prem, he never falls over and he dominates defenders, even Faye had trouble containing him, he just lacked so much support, he excels at holding the ball up but his finishing and composure is still in question if you ask me.

Would take him over Crouch.

Because Faye's the best defender this league has to offer...

He's just a decent player in a s*** team. He looks good because the players around him are so bad.

Would be a mistake. Not us moing forward in the slightest

Cant remember saying Faye was the best defender in the league....however he's one of the strongest and Jones handled him like no other striker has handled him that i can rememebr anyway. How many times did Jones retain possession against Taylor and Faye when we played them but he had no support.

If he had more outlets when he recieved the ball he'd get more oppurtunites to prove he's a good player.

It wasnt long ago that people were writing off Martins and Owen even though the team around them werent perfoming......

He is better at the attributes you list for Jones than Jones is.  Did get 8 assists in the premier league last year.  He's also a better player than Jones IMO

But like I said, I don't particularly rate him & I'd stick with Viduka & Carroll.

Crouch is exactly what we don't want, Viduka's struggling because he's not mobile enough so we replace him with Crouch?

He's a little more mobile than Viduka but with less skill on the ball, I've seen nothing from Carroll to think he's good enough to head our attack anytime soon either.

When we played the Mackems, I thought that Jones was the best player on the pitch, but was being let down by the Mackems over defensive tactics, and most Premiership teams could build a team around him.

Crouch is exactly what we don't want, Viduka's struggling because he's not mobile enough so we replace him with Crouch?

He's a little more mobile than Viduka but with less skill on the ball, I've seen nothing from Carroll to think he's good enough to head our attack anytime soon either.

Keep banging on about Crouch mate, I've already said I'd only take him if it were a straight choice between him & Jones. 

I think Jones simply isn't good enough.  He's been poor since Christmas.

To be honest I wouldn't particularly want either of them.

I'd stick with the two I've mentioned for next year, if you choose to disagree, fine O0

Keep banging on about Crouch mate, I've already said I'd only take him if it were a straight choice between him & Jones. 

I'd stick with the two I've mentioned for next year, if you choose to disagree, fine O0

I'm not banging on about Crouch, I asked you who you would prefer for that money and he was the only name you could come up with.

No need to get angry, it can't be any good for your blood pressure.

I'm not banging on about Crouch, I asked you who you would prefer for that money and he was the only name you could come up with.

I said I'd stick with Viduka & Carroll tbf

I said I'd stick with Viduka & Carroll tbf

So what positions would you like to see improved on this Summer if you're happy with our current strike force?

Viduka doesn't look motivated to me, if he is motivated I'd hate to see him when he's not.  He could be so much better if he could do more work up front because he does have a bit of class about him.

He's too much of a passenger for most of the time although he still finds the net with very good goals.  I'd like to see him replaced but I don't see it as a priority.

Perhaps a better question is what sort of attributes should we be looking for in any possible replacement striker for Viduka?

Depends a lot on the formation we go with.  I think he does OK in the 3 up front, but wouldn't want to see him playing in a front two.

If we played as a two, would Owen & Martins work with midfield players bought by Keegan?  If yes, do we need a direct replacement for Viduka?

In terms of replacing players I'd rather move Smith & Ameobi on & keep Viduka for another year.

Problem is when he's not playing chances are KK will give Smith a chance rather than Carroll :(

Why do you think that is?

No, one of Smith or Carroll replaces Viduka depending on whether KK deems it an appropraite situation to put Carroll in.

Local derby, 2-0 and coasting, yes.

Edgy away game, 2-2, pinned back a bit, no.

Problem is when he's not playing chances are KK will give Smith a chance rather than Carroll :(

Why do you think that is?

KK

"Alan is the sort of lad who is gold dust around a football club," said Keegan. "He always comes in early, trains properly and gives 100 per cent. Goals would have been no more than he deserved at the weekend against Blackburn.

"If effort, endeavour and honesty won you things, then Alan would have medals galore. I still believe in him because I have picked him for every game. There is a place for him in any football team.

Perhaps a better question is what sort of attributes should we be looking for in any possible replacement striker for Viduka?

Depends a lot on the formation we go with.  I think he does OK in the 3 up front, but wouldn't want to see him playing in a front two.

If we played as a two, would Owen & Martins work with midfield players bought by Keegan?  If yes, do we need a direct replacement for Viduka?

In terms of replacing players I'd rather move Smith & Ameobi on & keep Viduka for another year.

I'm not sure if Owen will work in a 4-4-2 formation anymore, he'll need plenty of pace around him to make up for what he's lost if he does IMO.

I see a replacement for Viduka as being the same thing as a replacement for Shola and Smith, a new striker in will replace Viduka in the first team and Smith and Ameobi in the squad.