Next season

Baggio
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this assuming we are sticking with the 433 and Owen floating behind the front two then?

Cos I've always had a sneaking suspicion KK might want to get back to a 442 when he's had a chance to buy in a few players. I probably would stick with 433 and replace Geremi, Taylor and Viduka as everyone says (Butt not immediate priority) but if we go 442 we might need to buy 3 new midfielders as well as a striker, and hope Zogs stays and gets his head down (not literally speaking - he does enough of that already!).

Sorry if I've missed an interview where Keegan has said he definitely wants to stick with 433 next season!

I think there's a good chance of that now. Spurs have signed Modric, so they're not going to want to splash out £7m+ on another left winger. I can't see Arsenal being interested at the money we would want either. That leaves who in London, West Ham? Well their money seems to have dried-up so probably not. Certainly not Fulham and Chelsea wouldn't be interested.

So it looks like he'll struggle to get his move down to London.

Taylor, Butt, Geremi, Viduka.

As much as I like Viduka and Butt, they are getting a bit over the hill now.

Would like Crouch to play Viduka's role in the 3 up front if we stick with it as his touch and flicks etc would give Owen and Martins a field day.

Guest teepee

my reason for wanting barton out is primarely because of his personality - the man is not worthy of our shirt imo!

my reason for wanting barton out is primarely because of his personality - the man is not worthy of our shirt imo!

Why?

Innocent until proven guilty, and even then I'm only really truly bothered about what he does on the pitch.

Why?

Innocent until proven guilty, and even then I'm only really truly bothered about what he does on the pitch.

Which isn't anywhere near enough imho.. Good pass for Martins' goal, but in our midfield 3 he's the one you'd expect to be pulling the strings of our attack consistently and he's just far too invisible for me in that repect. He needs replacing with a true attacking midfield player. Butt provides decent protection to the defense at least.

This poll assumes we're sticking with a 433 in which case id have Butt the most important position to replace, its a position that is important for most formations and is vital - without possession we're toothless.

Basically the spine of the team needs working on, Taylor, for me, doesnt work naturally with Faye, so i think it's important we look for competition for his place.

And i think Viduka needs replacing, i think we need to have players in the squad who are in the squad and not the first team on the basis of there form and not there ability, age or experience. They need to be ready made replacements rather than the next bext best thing, for me viduka isnt good enough to lead the front line and for a big man doesnt really hold the ball up well enough for the current formation.

The other thing that needs addressing is Owen and Geremi - toss up really, dont think Keegan will want to play him in the withdrawn role for too long, doesnt offer too much creatively and Geremi is good but not the level we want to be aiming for. Also wouldnt offer a great deal on the wing if we revert to 442.

Geremi seems a strange one as seems he is the creator of most of our goals.

Because we have no one else capable at the monmet, if we have the cash it would be first place i would strengthen.

Because we have no one else capable at the monmet, if we have the cash it would be first place i would strengthen.

He out preforms Barton most weeks.

Without a proper playmaker in the midfield, Barton's having to play out of character a bit imo. It looks to me like he's being relied on for creativity which he isn't great at. Get a decent AM in alongside him and Butt and I think he'll cut out the hollywood long balls much like Butt did.

for me geremi wastes too many oportunities, by not even getting the ball past the first man, if he has made most goals, its by law of averages, cos he seems to take every dead ball

I dont think any of the first XI will be replaced but it will be added to, I reckon KK will go & get some width.

UPDATE: We also know KK is going to get a left back because of the problems he sees with Enrique.

I dont think any of the first XI will be replaced but it will be added to, I reckon KK will go & get some width.

3/4 new faces in side start next season,, all with pace,,,, and a pair of shooting boots

'Replaced in our starting 11'

The team picks itself atm. We will be playing a squad game next year, we havent got a squad to do it with atm. This is a fact despite some people thinking our Acadmeny has good players, they came 8th out of the 10 teams in its group, they finished 36 points behind Sunderland & had clubs such as Huddersfield, Derby & Notts Forest finish above them. Our belting reseve team has done slightly better & will finish in 6th or 7th out 10 teams but at least they beat Blyth Spartans.

UPDATE: We also know KK is going to get a left back because of the problems he sees with Enrique.

What problems? Like there isn't two of him? Because that's all KK has talked about, the need to have more than 1 LB at the club. No mention of any 'problems' are you the London media like?

What problems? Like there isn't two of him? Because that's all KK has talked about, the need to have more than 1 LB at the club. No mention of any 'problems' are you the London media like?

He did mention there are things he needs to learn which I reckon means KK sees some problems in his game. I am sure some of these can/hopefully will be ironed out by Houghton/Keegan.

Butt, Geremi and Viduka and maybe Taylor however deffo dont get rid of him!

Barton been quality last few games and still more to come from him.  Shut up you lot going on about getting rid of him!