Mexican Wave

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

just watchin the Real Madrid game and the mexican wave looks class.

Reckon we should do it at the Chelsea game, would be a good send off

We've only just managed to get rid of the "Football's Biggest Laughing Stock" title thanks to Liverpool, we dont need plebs like you trying to get it back

;)

Mexican Waves are games where no-one gives a fuck like the world cup where most the crowd is neutral. As we will give a fuck there will no need to have any mexican waves. The End.

I don't think there's been a Mexican Wave at a Newcastle game since the Atletico Bilbao fiasco and I don't think you'll ever see one again.

Good.

I was trying to wrack my brains to remember if it was a MW we did at that game or just he "Ole's".

I think we all learned an awful lot that night

Guest NUFCGator

The wave has no place in football since something is always going on to watch. It's only popular in America because baseball, American football, etc have pauses in the action and drunk people get bored and try to start one. I'm sure there's a million better ways to send off the team than that. Especially as any of our players doing their job and not staring into the stands would hardly even notice. Just because Mexico does it doesn't mean we should. If Mexico jumped off a bridge would you? Also quick question to follow my curiosity to read this thread, why is it called the Mexican wave? As far as I know it did not originate in Mexico and no one here would call it the Mexican wave or it would probably be done much less often.

The wave has no place in football since something is always going on to watch. It's only popular in America because baseball, American football, etc have pauses in the action and drunk people get bored and try to start one. I'm sure there's a million better ways to send off the team than that. Especially as any of our players doing their job and not staring into the stands would hardly even notice. Just because Mexico does it doesn't mean we should. If Mexico jumped off a bridge would you? Also quick question to follow my curiosity to read this thread, why is it called the Mexican wave? As far as I know it did not originate in Mexico and no one here would call it the Mexican wave or it would probably be done much less often.

First time most of the world saw it was at the Mexico WOrld Cup in 86.

http://991.com/newGallery/VariousFootball--Sport-Mexico-86-187515.jpg

Guest float one in

First time most of the world saw it was at the Mexico WOrld Cup in 86.

http://991.com/newGallery/VariousFootball--Sport-Mexico-86-187515.jpg

The first football sticker album i ever had - Mexico 86!