Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

since when does a muscular build make someone overweight? f***ing idiots on this forum honestly

He's ten times the player Taylor or Faye is

No he f***ing isn't.

see how would you know? judging on past comments I'd pretty much put my life on you never watching an epl game

we cant keep losing out on players like this. Campbell, Distin, Santa Cruz, Ben haim, Carrick, Dunne, these are players that should be playing for us but we missed the boat through indecision, bad negotiating or ridiculous overrating of our current squad and a lack of hindsight.

same old story, f***ing sick of it.

FYP.

where does hindsight come in though, all very good players when we had the chance to sign them and all well within reach

The point is, we were/are going for targets which we believed would work out better than those you mentioned.

Guest black n white

we have 5 players on the books to play in dunne's position, rather have ferdinand

You think most of our players are s*** though, so if they'd signed for us, you would have complained about most of them. Can't win.

well would you rather have Campbell and Distin or Taylor and Faye? Carrick and Santa Cruz or Butt and Viduka?

since when does a muscular build make someone overweight? f***ing idiots on this forum honestly

No he f***ing isn't.

see how would you know? judging on past comments I'd pretty much put my life on you never watching an epl game

we cant keep losing out on players like this. Campbell, Distin, Santa Cruz, Ben haim, Carrick, Dunne, these are players that should be playing for us but we missed the boat through indecision, bad negotiating or ridiculous overrating of our current squad and a lack of hindsight.

FYP.

where does hindsight come in though, all very good players when we had the chance to sign them and all well within reach

The point is, we were/are going for targets which we believed would work out better than those you mentioned.

Not really, we lose out on our first choice targets and end up with second or third choice. It´s happening all over again. It´s all good and well saying the window is long and wait till the end of the window to see who we´ve signed, but if we are losing out to our first choice transfer targets at this moment in time (and it does make sense to go for your first choice targets first, doesn´t it, like we did with Modric) it will mean we fall further behind other teams, especially if it´s them picking up our first choice candidates, such as seems the case with Spurs and Portsmouth at the moment.. I think Allardyce commented on it frequently in the last summer window with the new owner keeping their purse closed, a slow or bad start to the recruitment process means you have to set your sights lower continuously and doesn´t benefit the club at all.

Not really, we lose out on our first choice targets and end up with second or third choice. It´s happening all over again. It´s all good and well saying the window is long and wait till the end of the window to see who we´ve signed, but if we are losing out to our first choice transfer targets at this moment in time (and it does make sense to go for your first choice targets first, doesn´t it, like we did with Modric) it will mean we fall further behind other teams, especially if it´s them picking up our first choice candidates, such as seems the case with Spurs and Portsmouth at the moment.. I think Allardyce commented on it frequently in the last summer window with the new owner keeping their purse closed, a slow or bad start to the recruitment process means you have to set your sights lower continuously and doesn´t benefit the club at all.

To be fair, if the new owner was being asked to stump up £6m urgently for Alan Smith it would probably have been better to keep the purse strings closed.

To be fair, if the new owner was being asked to stump up £6m urgently for Alan Smith it would probably have been better to keep the purse strings closed.

Very true.. Hard to see how he could even be on a shortlist of a self respecting Premiership manager..

Yawn. Another one whinging for f*** all already.

Dave, would you have complimented the club if they had identified their top targets early on and got them in pronto? Just imagine we´d have signed Modric and Gomis (or any two scouted players we considered to be absolute improvements on our current lot and probably attainable to a club of our standing) for a combined 30 million as opposed to now, would you have been happy we had done our scouting, identified our targets and pulled out all the stops to get them in? I know I would have, and I fail to see how wondering what went wrong (again, remember January or the last summer window?) is whinging for f*** all. You and others can trot this line every transfer window as long as you want, but I don´t think you can claim we have been overly succesful in finding and contracting our targets these past few windows, and so far there is no reason to assume this one will be any different, besides blind faith in a new setup that is already a little shakey by the look of things that went on after the Chelsea match..

Meanwhile, clubs like Spurs and Portsmouth who are already pulling away from us have both signed two players that would have considerably improved our squad as it does their in the past six months.

Very true.. Hard to see how he could even be on a shortlist of a self respecting Premiership manager..

I agree..and yet it happened. Let's pray that lightning strikes twice. Or failing that strikes Allardyce.

Or failing that, Smith.

Dave, would you have complimented the club if they had identified their top targets early on and got them in pronto. Just imagine we´d have signed Modric and Gomis (or any two scouted players we considered to be absolute improvements on our current lot and probably attainable to a club of our standing) for a combined 30 million as opposed to now, would you have been happy we had done our scouting, identified our targets and pulled out all the stops to get them in? I know I would have, and I fail to see how wondering what went wrong (again, remember January or the last summer window?) is whinging for f*** all. You and others can trot this line every season and it´s an easy way to look very smug, but I don´t think you can claim we have been overly succesful in finding and contracting our targets these past few windows, and so far there is no reason to assume this one will be any different, besides blind faith in a new setup that is already a little shakey by the look of things that went on after the Chelsea match..

You don't know what's happening, our second choice might be better but more expensive than the first choice for all we know.

Dave, would you have complimented the club if they had identified their top targets early on and got them in pronto? Just imagine we´d have signed Modric and Gomis (or any two scouted players we considered to be absolute improvements on our current lot and probably attainable to a club of our standing) for a combined 30 million as opposed to now, would you have been happy we had done our scouting, identified our targets and pulled out all the stops to get them in? I know I would have, and I fail to see how wondering what went wrong (again, remember January or the last summer window?) is whinging for f*** all. You and others can trot this line every transfer window as long as you want, but I don´t think you can claim we have been overly succesful in finding and contracting our targets these past few windows, and so far there is no reason to assume this one will be any different, besides blind faith in a new setup that is already a little shakey by the look of things that went on after the Chelsea match..

I'd have been astonished had we signed the players we want already. Keegan's on holiday for fuck's sake.

I was very pleased with the transfer dealings last summer (at the time), even though I wasn't sure on Smith. As were many others. And we signed the best two players of those with about three minutes of the window left.

Wait until the window closes. If we've not done what we need to, moan then. I know I will.

I'd have been astonished had we signed the players we want already. Keegan's on holiday for f***'s sake.

I was very pleased with the transfer dealings last summer (at the time), even though I wasn't sure on Smith. As were many others. And we signed the best two players of those with about three minutes of the window left.

Wait until the window closes. If we've not done what we need to, moan then. I know I will.

that gets said every year and I agree with it

but we aren't going to do better than Dunne, realistically

Guest Heneage

No he f***ing isn't.

we cant keep losing out on players like this. Campbell, Distin, Santa Cruz, Ben haim, Carrick, Dunne, these are players that should be playing for us but we missed the boat through indecision, bad negotiating or ridiculous overrating of our current squad.

I wish you would make that bet, cos your talking some major shite. I never watch games, Why cos I'm Danish? I was born and raised here mate.

I bet i'm at more home games than you, and trust me when it comes to "Watching EPL" games I watch the majority of games.

Nesta is 10 x Faye and Taylor, Dunne is not. He's had one good season in a defence that has Vedran Corluke and Micah Richards, two in their own very good centre backs. Richards immense recovery pace gets dunne out of trouble as well as himself. Stop bigging up a player whos had one good season, had he been offered 2 year ago you'd have laughed him off the park as would most, he's a good player better than Faye and better than Taylor but all this "Messiah Dunne" he is far from it, calm down have a glass of water and come back.

doesn't matter how the other targets work out, Dunne should be our player, he's perfect for us. A very good CB and we shouldn't be losing out to clubs in shiteholes like Portsmouth

If he's that good why are 'shiteholes like Portsmouth' his best option?

doesn't matter how the other targets work out, Dunne should be our player, he's perfect for us. A very good CB and we shouldn't be losing out to clubs in shiteholes like Portsmouth

If he's that good why are 'shiteholes like Portsmouth' his best option?

that's what i'd like to know

No he f***ing isn't.

we cant keep losing out on players like this. Campbell, Distin, Santa Cruz, Ben haim, Carrick, Dunne, these are players that should be playing for us but we missed the boat through indecision, bad negotiating or ridiculous overrating of our current squad.

I wish you would make that bet, cos your talking some major s****. I never watch games, Why cos I'm Danish? I was born and raised here mate.

I bet i'm at more home games than you, and trust me when it comes to "Watching EPL" games I watch the majority of games.

Nesta is 10 x Faye and Taylor, Dunne is not. He's had one good season in a defence that has Vedran Corluke and Micah Richards, two in their own very good centre backs. Richards immense recovery pace gets dunne out of trouble as well as himself. Stop bigging up a player whos had one good season, had he been offered 2 year ago you'd have laughed him off the park as would most, he's a good player better than Faye and better than Taylor but all this "Messiah Dunne" he is far from it, calm down have a glass of water and come back.

he's not Nesta but come on, he's miles better than what we have, and no, you're not at more home games pal

Guest Heneage

Well i'm not gonna argue but don't assume that just because i'm not plastered with Geordie avater and sig I don't go to or watch games mate, that's all i'm saying at the end of the day my views just as valid as your.s

I just wonder does Dunnes good performance come because of his CB partner.`