Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

Well i'm not gonna argue but don't assume that just because i'm not plastered with Geordie avater and sig I don't go to or watch games mate, that's all i'm saying at the end of the day my views just as valid as your.s

I just wonder does Dunnes good performance come because of his CB partner.`

nowt personal mate, just i literally cannot believe some of your views, each to their own anyway  O0

Guest Heneage

Why hasn't his partner been player of the season for the last 3 years in a row?

I'm talking this season when he's had his best accident free season. The two seasons prior he has been distinctly average.

I will say A VERY GOOD PLAYER, but making out like he's the Irish Nesta is a bit ott. I just wonder would he work well with a Faye or Taylor.

Guest Heneage

Fuck £5M use the Webster rule get him to buy himself out and make it up with his signing fee, cost £2-3M.

Why hasn't his partner been player of the season for the last 3 years in a row?

I'm talking this season when he's had his best accident free season. The two seasons prior he has been distinctly average.

I will say A VERY GOOD PLAYER, but making out like he's the Irish Nesta is a bit ott. I just wonder would he work well with a Faye or Taylor.

just a little narrow bit of support for the lad heneage here - he's got kind of a point about the player of the season thing given that man city were utter dogshit for most of the seasons when he won the award, so it's not perhaps all it's cracked up to be to use that as a stat

not saying we shouldn't have tried (try?) to sign dunne as i think he's an organiser and a talker, attributes we could do with in our defence to be honest

Guest MaetihS

doesn't matter how the other targets work out, Dunne should be our player, he's perfect for us. A very good CB and we shouldn't be losing out to clubs in shiteholes like Portsmouth

If he's that good why are 'shiteholes like Portsmouth' his best option?

that's what i'd like to know

Get real pls. As stated in my previous posts, Pompey is obviously a better proposition. If we are to compete for players with the likes of Spurs and Pompey, we will lose out as we are a lesser club. We are only big because of our crowd. It also these statements saying Portsmouth are shiteholes that make us butt of jokes for our constant delusion that we are great. Sad but true..but have accepted this fact long time ago. Btw, as revealed in an interview Utaka in France, he rejected us even though we offer higher wages cos he wants regular football but he did add, Portsmouth is a rising club while us yes he did say specifically in French, that we are a club going nowhere.

Obviously I've missed something, he's going to Pompey? I only read about Harry being interested in him.

doesn't matter how the other targets work out, Dunne should be our player, he's perfect for us. A very good CB and we shouldn't be losing out to clubs in shiteholes like Portsmouth

Get real pls. As stated in my previous posts, Pompey is obviously a better proposition. If we are to compete for players with the likes of Spurs and Pompey, we will lose out as we are a lesser club. We are only big because of our crowd. It also these statements saying Portsmouth are shiteholes that make us butt of jokes for our constant delusion that we are great. Sad but true..but have accepted this fact long time ago. Btw, as revealed in an interview Utaka in France, he rejected us even though we offer higher wages cos he wants regular football but he did add, Portsmouth is a rising club while us yes he did say specifically in French, that we are a club going nowhere.

:rolleyes: Jesus, get a grip.

There's a reason I'm not on the forum that much this time of the year. This is it.

Pompey's been higher up the table from us for exactly two years, before which they barely avoided relegation for three seasons. We have a larger fanbase. We have more money.

I can imagine there are rational reasons that some players would choose Portsmouth over Newcastle. But you seem to believe the likes of Everton, Spurs, Villa, and Pompey are like fucking Man United in terms of competing with us for players.

All this "boo hoo hoo we won't get jack shit this summer because we're a FUCKING HOPELESS CLUB" talk has got to stop.

i see what you're saying, but you're not 100% correct - it would surprise me if any player chose pompey ahead of us in a one on one fight for him, only thing i could see swinging it would be some type of affiliation with redknapp or the geographical location (in Dunne's case maybe a hatred of Barton)

many NUFC fans (IMO) know that our club can ignite very quickly (perhaps like no other in the PL although that's arguable) and overtake these other clubs like pompey to challenge the top four if we get it right

my issue with that viewpoint isn't that it's wrong but more that the likelihood of us getting it THAT right THAT fast is very slim, very slim indeed...i think there are going to be some very disappointed NUFC fans after the summer and next season, there's simply too much to do at the moment

but to say pompey is a better proposition than us is a joke really

Guest ALNO1

i see what you're saying, but you're not 100% correct - it would surprise me if any player chose pompey ahead of us in a one on one fight for him, only thing i could see swinging it would be some type of affiliation with redknapp or the geographical location (in Dunne's case maybe a hatred of Barton)

many NUFC fans (IMO) know that our club can ignite very quickly (perhaps like no other in the PL although that's arguable) and overtake these other clubs like pompey to challenge the top four if we get it right

my issue with that viewpoint isn't that it's wrong but more that the likelihood of us getting it THAT right THAT fast is very slim, very slim indeed...i think there are going to be some very disappointed NUFC fans after the summer and next season, there's simply too much to do at the moment

They are in Europe, that in its self can be enough for some players

if a player is short sighted enough to choose a club in europe for the first time in 'X' amount of years (ever?) over newcastle who've been in it a lot for the past decade plus and have won a european trophy then we're better off without them surely?

Guest ALNO1

if a player is short sighted enough to choose a club in europe for the first time in 'X' amount of years (ever?) over newcastle who've been in it a lot for the past decade plus and have won a european trophy then we're better off without them surely?

Look at it from a non Newcastle perspective, we finished 13th and 12th the last 2 seasons they finished 9th(?) and 7th(?) they look like the team in a better position and certainly a more settled situation. Maybe ater all the turmoil at City he'd rather go with the 'safer' option.

Portsmouth is only more attractive than Newcastle for a small band of unambitious/over the hill players who might prefer the climate and don't have a better option available.

If we seriously wanted Dunne he would come here. It is us saying thanks but no thanks.

Portsmouth is only more attractive than Newcastle for a small band of unambitious/over the hill players who might prefer the climate and don't have a better option available.

If we seriously wanted Dunne he would come here. It is us saying thanks but no thanks.

distin didn't

distin didn't

I think he fits into the "unambitious...prefer the climate" category.

They have a better team, have just won the FA Cup and are in Europe. There's plenty of legit reasons to join them over Newcastle.

In fact, Newcastle's advantages are all non-sporting ones- more cash, more fans, better stadium.

Is he going to Pompey cos A Ferdinand is going to Spuds & they backed off when Ferdinand came available? As for us, I suspect he's ruled us out & we're being linked with a 10M rated Deportivo defender...............all sounds very familiar at the moment. Other clubs doing while we talk a good deal.

It's very early in the transfer stakes but given the infrastructure we have in place (sic?) it is slightly worrying.

They have a better team, have just won the FA Cup and are in Europe. There's plenty of legit reasons to join them over Newcastle.

In fact, Newcastle's advantages are all non-sporting ones- more cash, more fans, better stadium.

Look it's not me calling Portsmouth a shitehole. As far as I'm concerned, it's a lovely place to retire.

Everton...now there's a shitehole...

Whilst I agree that NUFC HAS been a big club, we have to be realistic - clubs like Wolves & Sheffield Weds used to be big clubs, but a few years of bad decisions at top level finished them...it is POSSIBLE that they could be big clubs again, but at present, it looks unlikely...

If we are not careful. we could fall into the same trap - we are at a very delicate stage right now, and if we don't start to advance over the next year or so, we WILL fall behind other clubs in the top half of the table.

Football is like life - if you start resting on your laurels, you are finished ; nobody had decreed that NUFC should always be in Europe or a Top 6 club simply because of crowd, stadium, history etc...

ALL these things have to be earned and you should never stop  trying to improve.

I can see what you're getting at.  Though its a bit over the top to compare us to Wolves and Sheff Wed :lol:

My view on Portsmouth is that they're over extending themselves, they've already hit the limit of how far they can go (over 90% of revenue going on wages :yikes:) and now they're passing it which is very unwise.  If they don't get Champions League Football next year they've got nowhere to go but down IMO.