Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

I hope everyone knows we cannot pair Taylor and Dunne

Why not?

I think he'd be ideal to help progress Taylor's career.

because they're both slow and vunerable against pacey, agile strikers

and before anyone throws 'Terry and Carvalho' at me, those two are great defenders with excellent game reading skills who still manage to strugle now and then against a quick attack

As I've said earlier, Dunne is quicker than I thought he was. I'll give you that Micah Richard's helped out once or twice, but I still feel Dunne would be a good partner for Taylor and way better than Faye.

So competition for Faye then? Cant say id be too overwhelmed in that case, was hoping for a footballing defender, its what we're aching for.

He's far better than Faye.

So we are looking to replace our best centre half then?

And what?

Dunne is a player Keegan rates and has managed before, he's been excellent over the past 2 years so if Keegan wants to bring him here even at the expense of Faye then I'm fully behind it, Faye has played well for us over most of the season but he isn't the leader we need that can bring some organisation to the back four, Dunne is so get him in I say.

So competition for Faye then? Cant say id be too overwhelmed in that case, was hoping for a footballing defender, its what we're aching for.

i'd rather play him with faye and sit taylor on his arse next to given tbh

Cant play 2 defenders of the same style together it just doesnt work, like all partnerships througout centre of the team.

so we should play a good one and a s**** one instead?

aye, that'll work

No, we shouldnt play 2 defnders of the same style, i thought that would be clear from my above quote, here i'll put it in bold for you...

I don't know how true the story is but the Man City fans on that forum are mistaken if they think Dunne will play out the season then leave for nothing, He won't want to play for them knowing he's leaving anyway.

beardsley

And what?

Dunne is a player Keegan rates and has managed before, he's been excellent over the past 2 years so if Keegan wants to bring him here even at the expense of Faye then I'm fully behind it, Faye has played well for us over most of the season but he isn't the leader we need that can bring some organisation to the back four, Dunne is so get him in I say.

Nothing, i was just under the impression we were looking to address our weaknesses in the first team...like i say i wont be too overwhelmed with it because i think its clear that we need a footballing defender.

Cant play 2 defenders of the same style together it just doesnt work, like all partnerships througout centre of the team.

aye, that'll work

No, we shouldnt play 2 defnders of the same style, i thought that would be clear from my above quote, here i'll put it in bold for you...

can you explain what the alternative is then?

playing dunne and taylor?

i'll stress again, we should play our 2 best central defenders, same style or not. if we were to sign dunne, taylor wouldnt be one of our two best defenders.

And what?

Nothing, i was just under the impression we were looking to address our weaknesses in the first team...like i say i wont be too overwhelmed with it because i think its clear that we need a footballing defender.

The centre of our defence is one of the weaknesses in the first team, most acknowledge that in the 'Next season' thread.

aye, that'll work

i'll stress again, we should play our 2 best central defenders, same style or not. if we were to sign dunne, taylor wouldnt be one of our two best defenders.

Address the real weakness in the defence and look to sign the type of defender we need, address your weaknesses before you address your position of strength, like i say i wont be too overwhelmed if this comes off.

Whats the point of playing your 2 best defenders together if they are unable to play together, it'd be like lampard and Gerrard for england....same concept different position.

was modric a smokscreen for this deal ?

:lol: :lol:

'listen reet, this is the plan, hype the fans up that we are signing this proper mint creative midfielder, then bang, we'll drop richard dunne in instead'

Newcastle boss Keegan makes City defender Dunne his £5m priority

Last updated at 00:33am on 28th April 2008

Toon target: Irish defender Richard Dunne

Kevin Keegan will make a £5million bid for Manchester City defender Richard Dunne, 28.

The Newcastle boss has made Republic of Ireland Player of the Year Dunne his No 1 defensive target after discussions with football director Dennis Wise.

Keegan wants players with Premier League experience as he looks to bring in at least five new faces while Wise wants a host of foreign youngsters.

Dunne missed City's 3-2 defeat to Fulham at Eastlands after suffering a hamstring injury in the victory over Portsmouth.

Meanwhile Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has promised Manchester United he and his players will do their best to end Chelsea's title hopes.

And West Ham manager Alan Curbishley has made the same pledge to Chelsea by vowing to field as competitive a side as possible against United next weekend.

With the two rivals level on points following Chelsea's 2-1 victory over United at Stamford Bridge - but with the champions possessing a far superior goal difference - the title could be decided in the next round of fixtures when injury-hit West Ham travel to Old Trafford on Saturday and Chelsea to St James' Park two days later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=562460&in_page_id=1779&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

aye, that'll work

Address the real weakness in the defence and look to sign the type of defender we need, address your weaknesses before you address your position of strength, like i say i wont be too overwhelmed if this comes off.

Whats the point of playing your 2 best defenders together if they are unable to play together, it'd be like lampard and Gerrard for england....same concept different position.

you miss the point.

we are hardly overwhelmed with defensive talent at nufc incase you hadn't noticed, and we're not realy in a position to be picky about dropping a far superior defender (which faye is to taylor imo), for the sake that he is similar to richard dunne, who is also far superior defensively to mr taylor.

and, to be honest, i relay dont think they are all that similar, they are both big, thats about it, but dunne doesnt get caught out by many one on one and has a turn of pace, he also commands the back four/leads from the back.

can't say i've seen faye do any of these things?

£5mill when his contract is near out? Surely Dunne can buy it out for alot less than that?

He can if he goes abroad to play.

£1.5m and i think there will be offers, so if he wants to leave already he can, so accepting an early bid, possibly double the fee off us makes good business sense.

Maybe why its timed so early this transfer. (bit yoda there)