Our rivals in 2008/2009

Dave

Can't wait for next season.

Obviously we all hope we're going to have a much better year, but aside from that I think it'll be really interesting just as a football fan.

The top four might have seemed set in stone for the last few years but I think others are getting there. Just look at our competition for the top half spots next year:

Everton are a solid outfit, having a good season.

Villa have a really bright future, and barring their mid-season slump they'd probably be much closer to Liverpool.

Portsmouth are a good team, and won't have to worry about the ACN decimating their squad.

Spurs have always been on my hated list, but they'll surely be much better next year.

Blackburn are a decent team with a good manager.

Man City (depending on what happens with the Sven debacle) have the potential to be up there again.

Anyone care to predict next year's top-half final table without the 'big four'? Very tough to call IMO, and I'm loving it. :smitten:

5.Everton

6.Villa

7.City

8. Spurs

9.Newcastle

10.Pompey

11.West Ham

12. Blackburn

13. Boro

14. Wigan

15. Sunderland

16. Bolton

17.  West Brom

18. Reading

19. s*** championship team

20. Even shitter team

Some very competitive teams for next season. Very tight. Those 8 could finish in any order IMO.

5th - Villa

6th - Newcastle

7th - Spurs

8th - Everton

9th - Portsmouth

10th - West Brom

I have a suspicion that one of the top 4 might get dislodged next season though. Fucking hope so anyway and if it happens next season it will be great for us if we are building the start of a really good side.

5th - Villa

6th - Newcastle

7th - Spurs

8th - Everton

9th - Portsmouth

10th - West Brom

I have a suspicion that one of the top 4 might get dislodged next season though. Fucking hope so anyway and if it happens next season it will be great for us if we are building the start of a really good side.

west brom above man city?

Guest Baxter

It' s pretty depressing that the premiership is so set in stone that you can predict the end of season standings next year before the old seasons out and you' ll probably be right. When I was growing up in the 70' s it was possible for teams like Sheff U, Boro, Ipswich, Burnley and so on to top the table at various points of the season. And of course Derby and Forest actually won it. It' s difficult to imagine this happening again. Really I' d just like to see one of those clubs break into the top for (Villa, us, Portsmouth or City - hopefully not Everton or Spurs).

I think Boro will get rid of Southgate during next season. Their performances are very similar to those that we had under Roeder. Unable to play to the standards they want and no being consistent enough to finish in the top half despite having some very good players. They'll not be challenging for a top-half finish next season.

Villa, Spurs, Everton and Newcastle, thats it. Sunderland and Wigan might improve on this season, they're both heading in the right direction.

5th - Villa

6th - Newcastle

7th - Spurs

8th - Everton

9th - Portsmouth

10th - West Brom

west brom above man city?

Aye if Sven goes then man city are fucked next season I reckon. West Brom I fancy to do a Reading since Mowbray is a good manager who knows how to play good football.

4th  Spurs

5th  Liverpool

6th  Villa

7th  Everton

8th  Man City

9th  Newcastle

10th Portsmouth

11th Blackburn

Think spurs and villa are really the only 2 teams outiside the top 4 who are completely set up for an assault on the top 4 with Spurs dislodging Liverpool in my opinion. Villa wont quite make it into the top 4 because i think they wont have the mentality to maintain it throughout the entire season, in my opinion anyway.

Porstmouth and Blackburn wont have the means to take advantage of the advantage they have over us currently but the other teams who are in a position of strength.

Think next season will be a good season with some good results but i dont think it'll be until after next season when the new set up will start working perfectly and our reputation gets raised hopefully attracting the player we truly need to suceed.

4th  Spurs

5th  Liverpool

6th  Villa

7th  Everton

8th  Man City

9th  Newcastle

10th Portsmouth

11th Blackburn

Think spurs and villa are really the only 2 teams outiside the top 4 who are completely set up for an assault on the top 4 with Spurs dislodging Liverpool in my opinion. Villa wont quite make it into the top 4 because i think they wont have the mentality to maintain it throughout the entire season, in my opinion anyway.

Porstmouth and Blackburn wont have the means to take advantage of the advantage they have over us currently but the other teams who are in a position of strength.

Think next season will be a good season with some good results but i dont think it'll be until after next season when the new set up will start working perfectly and our reputation gets raised hopefully attracting the player we truly need to suceed.

Fuck off!!

Everton, Blackburn and Pompey are teams that I think have been taken as far as they can go, unless they get a big money takeover.  Man City, who knows what's happening there?  I think we can finish above those sides, but Spurs and Villa will finish above us.

4th  Spurs

5th  Liverpool

6th  Villa

7th  Everton

8th  Man City

9th  Newcastle

10th Portsmouth

11th Blackburn

Sadly, I think this looks about right, but I can only hope we work some miracles.

Guest Baxter

Do people really think Spurs will do so well? Look at how mediocre they' ve been since winning the Carling. I think that indicates a real lack of character. Plus the fact that they may lose Berbatov which would send them way back.Despite Modric and the other signings they' re likely to make I really think we should look to finish above them next year. I see Villa and Everton as bigger threats.

Everton, Villa, Spurs, Man City are our main rivals.  Portsmouth and Blackburn will likely to fall apart. Man City would not be a problem if Thaksin hires a mediocore manager.

Villa has a great squad, Everton is as solid as ever while Spurs are likely to challenge the Big 4 if Berbatov stays. We would need quite a lot of luck to got a UEFA spot tbh.

Guest Stephen927

5. Aston Villa

6. Tottenham Hotspur

7. Newcastle United

8. Everton

9. Portsmouth

10. Blackburn

I think Spurs have the clout, the dough and the manager to attract a better calibre of player than their rivals, tbh.

theyre in london you mean?

I think Spurs have the clout, the dough and the manager to attract a better calibre of player than their rivals, tbh.

theyre in london you mean?

Well, partly that, yes.