'Your all Time Newcastle XI '

cp40

Just a bit of Fun,

Your own Era Newcastle 11, thats the best 11, you saw play.

I will have a quick try.

Given,

Beresford

Albert

Woodgate

Anderson

Speed

Keegan

Gascoine

Lee

Shearer

Beardsley

Given

Venison

Beresford

Albert

Woodgate

Solano

Speed

Lee

Robert

Shearer

Beardsley

Was tempted to put Ned in there, just because of how much I love him.  :razz:

Robert is in ahead of Ginola btw for the sheer amount of assists and goals he got us, Ginola was more of an influence on general play and could well have been a handy classic number 10, but Robert's effectiveness wins it for me.

Shearer also gets the nod for consistently producing the goods for us, was tempted to stick Sir Les in there as Shearer at us never had one season as good as Les was during that year, but I've gone for it based on him being consistently brilliant for us.

Just a bit of Fun,

Your own Era Newcastle 11, thats the best 11, you saw play.

I will have a quick try.

Given,

Beresford

Albert

Woodgate

Anderson

Speed

Keegan

Gascoine

Lee

Shearer

Beardsley

Speed, gets in , cos i wanted , Keegan , Lee, Gazza, and needed a defensive midfielder

Given

Beye        Woodgate        Albert      Bernard

Speed

Lee   

Ginola                                            Robert

Beardsley

Shearer

Last 15 years

Being only 18 I'm only going to include players who featured in the last 15 years.

GK: Given

RB: Beye

CB: Woodgate

CB: Albert

LB: Bernard

RW: Solano

CM: Speed

CM: Lee

LW: Robert

ST: Shearer

ST: Ferdinand

Honourable mentions go to Ginola and Asprilla. 

Roger Jones - Irving Nattrass, Ollie Burton, Jonathon Woodgate, Frank Clark - Terry McDermott, Tony Green, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola - Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley

Very attacking midfield on account of it being impossible to leave out Gazza and Tony Green. Make up for it by picking 4 out and out defenders at the back, so not the ideal 4-4-2

If I had to pick a balanced team I'd go for Tony Green with Nattrass alongside him as the "defensive" player, and David Craig at right back. Or maybe Rob Lee playing a deeper role as he did in the last few years. Terry Mcdermott before Rob Lee is a very close call, but Terry Mac wins because he was better at playing a wider role on the right.

Subs [all unlucky not to be in the first 11] - Shay Given, David Craig, Robert Lee, Chris Waddle, Les Ferdinand

Being only 18 I'm only going to include players who featured in the last 15 years.

Bozo more than Stozo tbh.

Had agood think about ginola, and tino, along with a few others, Wish i had named subs aswell now

Roger Jones - Irving Nattrass, Ollie Burton, Jonathon Woodgate, Frank Clark - Terry McDermott, Tony Green, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola - Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley

Very attacking midfield on account of it being impossible to leave out Gazza and Tony Green. Make up for it by picking 4 out and out defenders at the back, so not the ideal 4-4-2

If I had to pick a balanced team I'd go for Tony Green with Nattrass alongside him as the "defensive" player, and David Craig at right back.

Subs [all unlucky not to be in the first 11] - Shay Given, David Craig, Robert Lee, Chris Waddle, Les Ferdinand

It's great getting the perspective of older members for things like this, me being 23 have only seen players really from '91 onwards, and even then I obviously never understood it all.

Me Granda when he was alive reckons Len White was the deadliest striker he'd ever seen us have.

Probobly doesn't deserve to be in a greatest Newcastle XI but on his day he was one of the most exciting players I've ever seen and I'll never forget that hat-trick against Barca.

If I had to pick a balanced team I'd go for Tony Green with Nattrass alongside him as the "defensive" player, and David Craig at right back.

It's great getting the perspective of older members for things like this, me being 23 have only seen players really from '91 onwards, and even then I obviously never understood it all.

Me Granda when he was alive reckons Len White was the deadliest striker he'd ever seen us have.

thanks mate - I slightly changed it after you quoted by the way - lots of people have told me about Len White, I'd like to have seen him too.

Probobly doesn't deserve to be in a greatest Newcastle XI but on his day he was one of the most exciting players I've ever seen and I'll never forget that hat-trick against Barca.

NE5's going to have you now.  :razz:

Given

Beye Woodgate Albert Beresford

Batty

Ginola              Lee        Robert

Beardsley

Shearer

Subs: Harper, Barton, Ferdinand, Speed, Solano (+ Venison, Cole if 7 )

thanks mate - I slightly changed it after you quoted by the way - lots of people have told me about Len White, I'd like to have seen him too.

He also rated Simspon as the best keeper we've ever had and always raved on about Frank Brennan.

He also rated Simspon as the best keeper we've ever had and always raved on about Frank Brennan.

maybe. I don't think NUFC have had a truly world class keeper in all my time supporting the club, unlike most other positions at some time. Roger Jones signed from Bournemouth, and didn't play much,  but I thought that he had everything to be a top keeper if his career hadn't ended.

I also think that Steve Harper - recently - has played the best he has ever done, and if he keeps it up could well keep Given out of the team permanantly on merit.

Actually, if it was about ability rather than legendary status etc, then I think Hamann would get very close. Domi in that 1999-2000 season when Robson came in was outstanding too.

maybe. I don't think NUFC have had a truly world class keeper in all my time supporting the club, unlike most other positions at some time. Roger Jones signed from Bournemouth, and didn't play much,  but I thought that he had everything to be a top keeper if his career hadn't ended.

Agree, I  was unsure about a Keeper so went for Given

can understand you younger lads choosing Beye mind, he's the best we've had for a canny few years.

Top class isn't he?

Although he is quality he hasn't got much competition aside from Warren Barton tbh & Barton was a liability defending towards the end of his spell here. Venison although decent at FB was much better when he was deployed DM and got into the England set up IMO