Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Stephen927

Liverpool Sign Bent.

http://www.boxofficefootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/liverpool-sign-bent.jpg

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/06/15/1326304/arsenals-gael-clichy-rejects-real-madrid-rumours

Arsenal's Gael Clichy Rejects Real Madrid Rumours

The France international left-back says he's flattered to be linked with los Merengues, but insists he has no intention of leaving the Gunners...

Arsenal's Gael Clichy has moved to dismiss speculation linking him with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid during the close-season.

It is thought that los Blancos are in the market for a new left-back this summer and that the 23-year-old has been earmarked as a potential recruit to fill that role.

Although the twice-capped France international admits it is flattering to hear his name linked with los Merengues, he has insisted that he is committed to the Gunners having put pen-to-paper on a long-term deal only last year.

"I heard there is an interest from Real Madrid, but I have a contract with Arsenal which I intend to respect unless the club say otherwise," Clichy told Sky Sports.

"It is great to be linked with Real, but I want to win things with Arsenal."

Since moving to Arsenal from Cannes in 2003, Clichy has established himself as one of the best left-backs in the Premier League and has made 177 first-team appearances for the north London outfit.

Gael Clichy Clichy

He's better than Ashley

Doesn't leave for money

Gael Clichy Clichy!

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/06/15/1326304/arsenals-gael-clichy-rejects-real-madrid-rumours

Arsenal's Gael Clichy Rejects Real Madrid Rumours

The France international left-back says he's flattered to be linked with los Merengues, but insists he has no intention of leaving the Gunners...

Arsenal's Gael Clichy has moved to dismiss speculation linking him with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid during the close-season.

It is thought that los Blancos are in the market for a new left-back this summer and that the 23-year-old has been earmarked as a potential recruit to fill that role.

Although the twice-capped France international admits it is flattering to hear his name linked with los Merengues, he has insisted that he is committed to the Gunners having put pen-to-paper on a long-term deal only last year.

"I heard there is an interest from Real Madrid, but I have a contract with Arsenal which I intend to respect unless the club say otherwise," Clichy told Sky Sports.

"It is great to be linked with Real, but I want to win things with Arsenal."

Since moving to Arsenal from Cannes in 2003, Clichy has established himself as one of the best left-backs in the Premier League and has made 177 first-team appearances for the north London outfit.

Gael Clichy Clichy

He's better than Ashley

Doesn't leave for money

Gael Clichy Clichy!

That if an actual offer comes in and not just paper talk he'd be off in a shot.

Guest Heneage

So what about Mascherano then, is he not in the same situation as Tevez?

Nope, Liverpool bought him last year for £18m from MSI. The idea of Third Party ownership can appear murky, but in places like Portugal it works quite well.

So what about Mascherano then, is he not in the same situation as Tevez?

Nope, Liverpool as usual defied the rules and bought him last year for £18m from MSI. The idea of Third Party ownership can appear murky, but in places like Portugal it works quite well.

fyp...  :shifty:

The Times are saying that Liverpool have had an £18.5m bid accepted for Glen Johnson.

Benitez is an absolute muppet, he didn't want to pay that much for Barry.  And Johnson isn't a great defender either!

WTF terrible business, he was getting bummed off a part timer the other week for england not worth 5m

Guest Svenno

The Times are saying that Liverpool have had an £18.5m bid accepted for Glen Johnson.

Benitez is an absolute muppet, he didn't want to pay that much for Barry.  And Johnson isn't a great defender either!

WTF terrible business, he was getting bummed off a part timer the other week for england not worth 5m

Don't think it's as bad as you want it to be at all:

Porsmouth owe Liverpool money for the sale of Peter Crouch (around £7m I believe) and Dossena is linked with a £6m move to Juventus and Arbeloa are heavily linked with a £8m move to Real Madrid. Also, £18.5m depends on several things (if they win the title, the Champions League etc).

Liverpool needs English players and Arbeloa is not great going forward.

Marca are saying that Real have received bids from Spurs for Heinze, Huntelaar, RVN and Robben which have been accepted by the club.  Spurs ITK's have been saying those players were on the radar for the best part of a month. 

However, Heinze wants to fight for a starting place and the other 3 all have other offers to consider.  My guess is that Spurs won't get any of them.