Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

We didn't have a second bid accepted so.. yeah. Naughton was always going to Spurs from that point on unless he kicked up a fuss and went against his club & agent who stood to make more out of a transfer there.

I'm glad we didn't cave in and offer daft money just because saggyface acts like transfers are done with Monopoly money. See Portsmouth & West Ham for details.

Not convinced we ever wanted Walker. I would have really liked Naughton here but I'm sure we'll manage.

Wtf either you or Niel said earlier in this thread that you've had a second bid accepted so what's changed?. Also i don't wanna hear anything about money being the reason as it's common knowledge about our strict wage cap. Looks like Naughton straight rejected you lot :thup:.

We didn't have a second bid accepted so.. yeah. Naughton was always going to Spurs from that point on unless he kicked up a fuss and went against his club & agent who stood to make more out of a transfer there.

I'm glad we didn't cave in and offer daft money just because saggyface acts like transfers are done with Monopoly money. See Portsmouth & West Ham for details.

Not convinced we ever wanted Walker. I would have really liked Naughton here but I'm sure we'll manage.

Wtf either you or Niel said earlier in this thread that you've had a second bid accepted so what's changed?. Also i don't wanna hear anything about money being the reason as it's common knowledge about our strict wage cap. Looks like Naughton straight rejected you lot :thup:.

Probably me who said that, I don't have the best of sources obviously.

Poor WUM attempt.

Most players reject Everton to be fair. They even used to come here over them.

However, I don't actually think Naughton will be that good for you tbh.

Eto'o has signed for Inter tonight according to Spanish media, his agent says major steps forward were made in the last couple of hours and that the deal is expected to be completed tomorrow. Zlatan will fly to London to hook up with Barcelonas squad immediately. Eto'o will get 11M euro per season and a massive bonus if they win the Champions League.

Most suprising and interesting transfer of the summer imo.

Eto'o has signed for Inter tonight according to Spanish media, his agent says major steps forward were made in the last couple of hours and that the deal is expected to be completed tomorrow. Zlatan will fly to London to hook up with Barcelonas squad immediately. Eto'o will get 11M euro per season and a massive bonus if they win the Champions League.

They don't mix.

:kasper:

He's very good player but that is way over the top.

Guest Stephen927

How comes Huntelaar didn't cut it at Madrid, then? Weird move, that.

Got pissed off that he wasn't included in their Champions League squad, then they signed better players so he wouldn't have got a game this season anyway unless the squad was hit by injuries.

Robben, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Van Nistelrooy, Drenthe. Think the previous Madrid president went a bit overboard with Dutch players there.

Almost like Barcelona with the days of the de Boer's, Overmars, Kluivert, Reiziger & Davids.

Guest kingdawson

Poor WUM attempt.

Wum attempt? no it's a fact. You were doing your talking beforehand, talking about how they don't wanna join us, they want to come to Everton ect ect ect. You then say a fee has been agreed and now you bactrack and say you don't have the best of sources :lol: . When a player rejects us, i don't try and hide it and i don't get super bitter like you seem to be getting. You also decide to bring up money as a key factor in Naughton's decision but you conveniantly forget our wage cap.

Tbh i think he made the wrong decision joining us but i like to rub it in when two Everton fans are talking and talking about things they have no clue about, only to get egg on their faces when the 2 players proceed to reject them and join the club "they didn't want to join". I gloat only after a deal is done, not before :thup:.

Robben, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Van Nistelrooy, Drenthe. Think the previous Madrid president went a bit overboard with Dutch players there.

Almost like Barcelona with the days of the de Boer's, Overmars, Kluivert, Reiziger & Davids.

Dutch players are very moreish, once you pop you just can't stop!

Poor WUM attempt.

Wum attempt? no it's a fact. You were doing your talking beforehand, talking about how they don't wanna join us, they want to come to Everton ect ect ect. You then say a fee has been agreed and now you bactrack and say you don't have the best of sources :lol: . When a player rejects us, i don't try and hide it and i don't get super bitter like you seem to be getting. You also decide to bring up money as a key factor in Naughton's decision but you conveniantly forget our wage cap.

Tbh i think he made the wrong decision joining us but i like to rub it in when two Everton fans are talking and talking about things they have no clue about, only to get egg on their faces when the 2 players proceed to reject them and join the club "they didn't want to join". I gloat only after a deal is done, not before :thup:.

Nobody ever said Walker didn't want to join you. It was Naughton I said that about and I still think that he wanted to come here instead but didn't get the opportunity to choose.

You're missing the point by going on about a wage cap. The point is that you offered a higher fee and Sheff Utd revoked their acceptance of our offer, stopped contact with the player etc. We didn't have another offer accepted so the player was then going to Spurs unless he was willing to go on strike.

We never had an offer accepted for Walker at any stage as far as I know so he's a bit irrelevant.

Poor WUM attempt.

Say your wage cap is £60,000 a week - I don't think he's arguing that you offered this lad £70,000 per week (therefore he's forgetting your wage cap).  The wage cap's irrelevant as that applies to more established players - it's still possible that you offered an up and coming player like Naughton more than Everton were willing to.

Not saying that's what happened, but what I'm saying is that the wage cap doesn't come into it.

Spurs got the players tbf.

http://www.aef.org.uk/downloads//NO%20at%20Heathrow.jpg

http://www.cinematreadwell.com/doral/turd.png

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/files/imagecache/feature/files/20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

Spurs got the players tbf.

It's more the way KD is depicting it as though they've won the Battle of Waterloo, and the fact he's openly admitted he's "gloating" nears the qualification of 'pathetic'.

I don't see anything wrong with KD's post at all.

I remember when one of the Everton fans on here said those players didn't want to go to Spurs, but Everton got duped on the fee so the players had no alternative but to join them.  Then later apparently Evertons 2nd offer was accepted...  so on an even playing field between the two clubs it was made out that said players will no doubt go to Everton ...which didn't happen.