Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Man City offer £20m for Milner.

Where would he play in their line up? In place of Stephen Ireland? A bit harsh on Ireland, really good player him.

Ireland hasn't played much this season. And Milner has the attributes that have seen Ireland dropped (workrate and tactical discipline).

Nothing wrong with Ireland's workrate tbf.

Last two seasons he has done extra training during the summer while all the other players were away to improve his fitness & strength.

Every time I have seen him on the pitch for City he's looked lazy to me. Well, rather than lazy just not bothered to defend or press. ManU's goal in the derby was pretty much his fault for letting Scholes go.

Because Blackburn have no money and have been very prudently run over the past few years. I'd be amazed if they've ever gone above £45k for any player.

He's said it himself on the news over here. Went from £35k a week to £55k.

I take it back then. That's simultaneously staggering and ridiculous. You got a link for it btw? I know my Rovers supporting mate will deny it...

Guest schmuck

His long throws will keep Allardyce in a job for years to come, they should have trebled it

Good to see Man City being as classy as ever already this transfer window.

20m? That's a joke. We paid 12 for him two years ago, and he's improved by far more than 8m pounds worth.

Guest icemanblue

20m? That's a joke. We paid 12 for him two years ago, and he's improved by far more than 8m pounds worth.

If they want him, they'll get him. Unfortunately.

I know.

Which is why football is so massively fucked. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and fuck everything up by preying on human greed.

Gotta say I'm on Ronaldo's side with this. There's no way Milner is worth £20 million IMO.

He's worth what someone will pay for him.

I personally don't think any footballer is worth more than a set of tracksuits and a few match balls, but that's not the way these things work.

Gotta say I'm on Ronaldo's side with this. There's no way Milner is worth £20 million IMO.

it's rerlative.......if rodwell (according to some members of the press) is worth £13mill then milner is worth that and more.

(i personally think its all shit apart from 2 clubs who can pay several million for a tea lady)

Guest icemanblue

I know.

Which is why football is so massively fucked. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and fuck everything up by preying on human greed.

Beautiful game, isn't it? :lol:

I know.

Which is why football is so massively f***ed. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and f*** everything up by preying on human greed.

Beautiful game, isn't it? :lol:

i think it will be eventyally. most clubs have sussed they cant borrow indefinitly and the fad of rich men buying teams for entertainment will pass.

He's worth what someone will pay for him.

I personally don't think any footballer is worth more than a set of tracksuits and a few match balls, but that's not the way these things work.

Of course, but in relative to the current transfer market it's a ludicrous price. Man City are inflating prices with this kind of thing, the 'ruining football' lark is a bit sensationalist, but the way things are going it's getting that way.

You won't find an adequate replacement with that money either, unless MoN bites the bullet and starts buying foreign.

Man City had to either change the manager or the team, because the two were at odds. It seems they've opted to change the team.

At the end of the day, are they going to be any better off? They'll have a completely new side which will take half a season at least to gel. Not very different from the same time last year.

it's rerlative.......if rodwell (according to some members of the press) is worth £13mill then milner is worth that and more.

(i personally think its all shit apart from 2 clubs who can pay several million for a tea lady)

Double it and we'll talk.  :pow:

The same Man City who psaid £23m for a £12m defender?

Thanks for making my point.

They paid it, he was worth it (to the selling club).

I think you're getting a tad confused here. All I said is that £20m for Milner is a joke, just like £23 for Lescott is a joke. Neither player is worth those sums, Milner especially.

The same Man City who psaid £23m for a £12m defender?

Thanks for making my point.

They paid it, he was worth it (to the selling club).

I think you're getting a tad confused here. All I said is that £20m for Milner is a joke, just like £23 for Lescott is a joke. Neither player is worth those sums, Milner especially.

be honest, even messi isn't worth either of those sums.

I know.

Imagine how we felt when we had a great manager had us playing the best football we've played in years.

All of a sudden some jumped up club with a foreign billionaire owner paid over the odds for one of our best young players, he was sold behind his back and this was a cornerstone to the manager leaving and the club imploding.

Fucking annoying when lottery winning clubs fuck you over by being so rich...

Guest kingdawson

If James Milner is the type of signing City are planning on making in the summer then i'll be very very happy.