Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who was that Arsenal keeper that played at fulham? he looked decent. Manone or something, what happened to him

Had a howler and was never seen again. Though Flappyganski seems immune to being dropped.

Wolves have got Fletcher now too.

Spent a bit too much imo at £7m

Most places are saying £6.5m. Hibs had a sell on clause which will have pushed it up a bit as well.

I think he's a good target man and link-up player but I'm not sure how a partnership with Doyle would work out.

Me either, especially with McCarthy's reluctance to play anything other than a very rigid 4-5-1 with all but two going forward. Doyle on a wing perhaps?

Does he have the virgin Mary on his arm.

Even if he doesn't, folk who get religious s*** on them yet have never even touched a bible piss me off  :angry:

hehe, the bible we have was pretty much written in Rome.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Doyle go to someone like Aston Villa now. Can't see a team like Wolves having both.

Andy Keogh is linked with a move back to Leeds, so that's one reserve striker gone :(

Iwelumo has gone to Burnley n all.

Wolves have got Fletcher now too.

Spent a bit too much imo at £7m

I think its the right price for a very good striker. Reckon he'll get some goals this season. He's much better than anything we've got.

Good to see Man City being as classy as ever already this transfer window.

20m? That's a joke. We paid 12 for him two years ago, and he's improved by far more than 8m pounds worth.

If they want him, they'll get him. Unfortunately.

I know.

Which is why football is so massively fucked. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and fuck everything up by preying on human greed.

Imagine how we felt when we had a great manager had us playing the best football we've played in years.

All of a sudden some jumped up club with a foreign billionaire owner paid over the odds for one of our best young players, he was sold behind his back and this was a cornerstone to the manager leaving and the club imploding.

Fucking annoying when lottery winning clubs fuck you over by being so rich...

12m was hardly the sort of sum you need to be a gazillionaire to afford, mind ;)

Still, look what we've taught him to do.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Doyle go to someone like Aston Villa now. Can't see a team like Wolves having both.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't surprise me, either.

Would be a small step up on Carew/Heskey but you lot need a lot better if you're going to continue to push for 4th and higher.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't surprise me, either.

Would be a small step up on Carew/Heskey but you lot need a lot better if you're going to continue to push for 4th and higher.

It'd strengthen our frontline but nowhere near enough to step on.

So what are the odds on MON having a spat with Carew at the start of the season and then refusing to play him properly until about December, when he'll come in the team and start scoring goals. This will of course be followed by Andy Gray saying that he'd been 'off form' for the first half of the season, but now he's really hitting his stride.

Incidentally, seems we are still in search for a leftback (which I would like to sign, given Abidal's fitness issues this season) and we have been linked to Azpilicueta, Clichy, van der Wiel and Gareth Bale.

Weird that we haven't been linked to Filipe Luis, given that we tried to sign him last season and he's proven in the league and great.

Incidentally, seems we are still in search for a leftback (which I would like to sign, given Abidal's fitness issues this season) and we have been linked to Azpilicueta, Clichy, van der Wiel and Gareth Bale.

Weird that we haven't been linked to Filipe Luis, given that we tried to sign him last season and he's proven in the league and great.

Isn't he a RB? FM legend.  O0

Jose Enrique would be better than that lot.

Isn't he a RB? FM legend.  O0

Jose Enrique would be better than that lot.

Yes, we are also looking for an understudy for Alves, and they throw the name in there in the article. Van der Wiel is a RB too I think. A bit too high profile for being on the bench, probably.