Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Crouch, Defoe, Pav, Keane and you still need a striker?

If they want to be consistent top 4, they definitely do. They need rid of Keane and they need to replace him with a top striker. And then they need Crouch and Pav to be content with bit part roles.

Though I'd say they needed quality at CB before a striker. May as well discount King/Woodgate from existence imo.

Guest kingdawson

Yes.

Crouch doesn't score enough, Keane can cartwheel his way through the exit door, Pav is inconsistant and doesn't perform away from home (will probably be gone at the end of the season). Defoe is the only one i trust to score (Crouch i also trust but not to score).

More like, Bassong, Gallas, Kaboul and you still need a CB ??

Anyway, bodywise Spurs are well covered if not overloaded. Their future transfers need to be real quality like VDV or young talents like Gareth Bales, otherwise it will be pointless.

Anyway, bodywise Spurs are well covered if not overloaded. Their future transfers need to be real quality like VDV or young talents like Gareth Bales, otherwise it will be pointless.

Quite.

This January will be a strange window. Most people have to sell to buy, even Man City will have to unload some players from their squad. Blackburn may now have a little money to spend, and the talk is of Randy Lerner giving Houiller a wodge, but who else?

Guest kingdawson

King and Woodgate can not be relied on, Kaboul imo is better at rb, Gallas is on a 1 season deal so will be off, so that's Dawson and Bassong we have for next season. Both players i rate but still think a real quality cb might be needed to partner either one.

We need to offload players too. Giovani Dos Santos and Robbie Keane need to be shipped out with immediate effect. Bentley, Hutton, O'hara and Pavlychenko can leave at the end of the season.

Guest kingdawson

So that's 6 players (and probably Gallas out the door too) for next season and 2 or 3 real quality players in. Pretty much what you said Delima.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If they want to be consistent top 4, they definitely do. They need rid of Keane and they need to replace him with a top striker. And then they need Crouch and Pav to be content with bit part roles.

Though I'd say they needed quality at CB before a striker. May as well discount King/Woodgate from existence imo.

Wouldn't call Defoe prolific either. Last season was his best haul for league goes, before that he was only really getting 8-9 a season.

Guest kingdawson

So that's 6 players (and probably Gallas out the door too) for next season and 2 or 3 real quality players in. Pretty much what you said Delima.

Do you think they'll all go realistically?

Gio and Keane are almost certainties and Gallas, O'hara and Bentley are very likely. Pavlychenko depends if he doesn't mind sitting on the bench and Alan Hutton (who i think is a clown of a rb) might sadly stay. Kranjcar sadly is likely to leave ahead of Hutton.

I think you'll struggle to shift Bentley. He was the one I was most interested in.

Any idea how much money is he on? He was the 'new Beckham' at the time you signed him for an awful lot of money and presumably wages.

I just can't see you taking the expected loss and him taking the wages drop to shift him.

Guest kingdawson

I think we'll shift him easily tbh. Reports when he signed siggested he's on 40k and i'm sure Levy will find some sucker/moron/idiot who is willing to pay 8m plus. Keane will be the hardest one to shift imo.

Wouldn't call Defoe prolific either. Last season was his best haul for league goes, before that he was only really getting 8-9 a season.

To be fair, he hasn't played anything resembling a full since (with last season an exception) since 2006/07.

Guest Heneage

I think we'll shift him easily tbh. Reports when he signed siggested he's on 40k and i'm sure Levy will find some sucker/moron/idiot who is willing to pay 8m plus. Keane will be the hardest one to shift imo.

He'll leave on loan imo.

Guest Heneage

Keane & Bentley would improve us so much.

Keane would, Bentley I debate, he looks really low on confidence he needs a smaller club to raise his profile again.

Keane would, Bentley I debate, he looks really low on confidence he needs a smaller club to raise his profile again.

Smaller club than us? I doubt he'd move to a smaller club than us and he'd easily be the best winger at our club if he left.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

To be fair, he hasn't played anything resembling a full since (with last season an exception) since 2006/07.

Another reason to sell him on.

Guest Heneage

Smaller club than us? I doubt he'd move to a smaller club than us and he'd easily be the best winger at our club if he left.

Back to Blackburn or someone like that. He needs somewhere with less pressure, playing for us at home especially can be quite intense, he needs to be the big fish in a small pond something he wouldn't be.

Back to Blackburn or someone like that. He needs somewhere with less pressure, playing for us at home especially can be quite intense, he needs to be the big fish in a small pond something he wouldn't be.

Aye fair point about the pressure, this place can be intense.

Still think he'd handle it though, he just can't handle competition well (bit like Routledge)

Guest Heneage

Maybe KI could put me right on this but I always saw Bentley as a good crosser but not someone who will get to the byline. He'd offer us something different in that sense, but I always thought he was a central player moved out to the right.

Guest kingdawson

Well for us he's been doing a bit of both but he cuts inside more than he stays on the byline. He's a weird player actually. His usual game involves him going to the byline (ie going on the outside) then cuts inside, then cuts outside again to cross. His crosses are usually good but he has little to no pace and tries these spectacular long rangers at least once or twice a game (usually it ends up in row Z).

His free kicks are some of the worst i've ever seen. He steps up and does his little David Beckham impersonation, flicks his hair back whilst 'concentrating' and seizing up the goal....only to produce the biggest pile of crap free kick in football history.

Well for us he's been doing a bit of both but he cuts inside more than he stays on the byline. He's a weird player actually. His usual game involves him going to the byline (ie going on the outside) then cuts inside, then cuts outside again to cross. His crosses are usually good but he has little to no pace and tries these spectacular long rangers at least once or twice a game (usually it ends up in row Z).

His free kicks are some of the worst i've ever seen. He steps up and does his little David Beckham impersonation, flicks his hair back whilst 'concentrating' and seizing up the goal....only to produce the biggest pile of crap free kick in football history.

Sounds a bit like Milner actually :lol: (minus the Beckham impersonation, he knew his limits).